News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

NYC cabal meet-up?!

Started by Goddess Eris, December 31, 2016, 05:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goddess Eris

It seems to me that there are probably more than one member of PD living in or adjacent to NYC. I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

East Coast Hustle

I'd say you're probably half right.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sadly, I live on the exact opposite coast. However, I can say that I have had Discordian meet-ups here and practically nothing major went wrong on a level that was permanent or impossible to fix.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I feel like you may be confusing "damage that's not impossible to fix" with "damage that people are still working to mitigate years after the fact". :lulz:

In all fairness, though, I'm pretty sure that at least some of those people were already on fire when we got there.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 31, 2016, 03:59:04 PM
I feel like you may be confusing "damage that's not impossible to fix" with "damage that people are still working to mitigate years after the fact". :lulz:

In all fairness, though, I'm pretty sure that at least some of those people were already on fire when we got there.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Goddess Eris

There was zero sarcasm in my first post and I am offended by the notion that a group of Discordians might somehow create discord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East Coast Hustle

Depending on the personal gravity of the individuals involved the group can and usually will reach a point of critical mass whereupon nobody has to create any more fuckery, it just starts manifesting on its own in some sort of psychosynchronous orbit around the group, like little electrons of weird and unease orbiting a cluster of belligerently drunken protons.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 03, 2017, 06:39:33 AM
Depending on the personal gravity of the individuals involved the group can and usually will reach a point of critical mass whereupon nobody has to create any more fuckery, it just starts manifesting on its own in some sort of psychosynchronous orbit around the group, like little electrons of weird and unease orbiting a cluster of belligerently drunken protons.

Perfect product description.

Goddess Eris

So... we gonna do this or nah?
:lulz: :horrormirth:

East Coast Hustle

I'm in.

I assume that "NYC" is shorthand for "Northern Yakima County".

Faust

Replace NYC with south west of Ireland and I'm up for a meet up any time, alternatively, there is a small chance I will be in America Next summer for a couple of weeks, but I am not sure where yet.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nephew Twiddleton

If I can pull it off, I may be in Ireland for a week in the summer. Primarily it's to visit my grandfather, but if I feel like getting out of Connemara for a day or two before I go, I'll give you the heads up.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Faust

That would be cool twid, Connemara is beautiful we went up there the year before last and it was a gorgeous trip, very peaceful, I spend my time between Cork and Dublin. I like cork, Dublin no so much.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Faust on January 04, 2017, 10:16:00 PM
Replace NYC with south west of Ireland and I'm up for a meet up any time, alternatively, there is a small chance I will be in America Next summer for a couple of weeks, but I am not sure where yet.

Same goes for me in the UK. Could be fun to meat some spags.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Faust on January 05, 2017, 08:27:15 AM
That would be cool twid, Connemara is beautiful we went up there the year before last and it was a gorgeous trip, very peaceful, I spend my time between Cork and Dublin. I like cork, Dublin no so much.

Little hard to believe it's been 5 years since I've been back. Yeah, I definitely have to make it happen then.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS