News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

So....I have about 50 billion private messages and posts I've not read.

Mostly because my internet was broke right up until just before Xmas, then I was off travelling, then I came back immediately to work, and I've not had a good nights sleep since work ended.

Also being a little bit lazy.  But mostly the former

Junkenstein

You bastard, I had 3 gold teeth on "in jail".

How goes life? I'm on a magical mystery tour to hull and peterborough. So far it's all shit.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Hull is apparently the best city in the UK, according to the US Ambassador.  Shortly before he was asked to step down.

Life continues much as it did, only my internet now works, after a 5 week epic battle with customer support. 

Vanadium Gryllz

Glad to see you're alive Cain.

What depths of customer support hell did you delve to?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Well, I think I asked to speak to so many supervisors that the CEO was ultimately handling my complaint.

They were contacting me by email.  They were having me run endless series of tests which, by their own admission, were useless.  Finally, 5 weeks after it began, they sent a guy out, who resolved the issue (which was with their on-site server) in 10 minutes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 05, 2017, 08:56:23 PM

Mostly because my internet was broke right up until just before Xmas, then I was off travelling, then I came back immediately to work, and I've not had a good nights sleep since work ended.

CAIN YOU ARE BACK! THIS IS VERY YAY!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 05, 2017, 10:14:01 PM
Well, I think I asked to speak to so many supervisors that the CEO was ultimately handling my complaint.

They were contacting me by email.  They were having me run endless series of tests which, by their own admission, were useless.  Finally, 5 weeks after it began, they sent a guy out, who resolved the issue (which was with their on-site server) in 10 minutes.

Customer service at its finest.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 05, 2017, 08:40:58 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 05, 2017, 07:12:29 AM
Twid! I'm glad to see you're still kicking!

Roger! Fuck the Senate in the earhole with an unsharpened pencil!

Hoopla! I am absolutely ENGORGED with envy of your Canadianness right now!

There's a whole lot more I want to say here but I'm actually afraid to put it in writing on the internet. So that's the kind of country we are now. I am actually having trouble typing because I am literally crying and shaking with rage right this second.

Oh shit, dude. I hope that whatever it is, it's not something too bad. :( Although, what with being also a m ember of this society, I am guessing that it's something shitty and pervasive and getting worse.

ECHGF and mini-ECH are both gonna lose their health insurance because of those fucking snakes in skin suits in DC. I can put them both on mine easily enough. The kid is free and I can add ECHGF for $25 a month. I'm fortunate to have a great union job with ridiculously great benefits.

BUT.

Doing that will most likely cost ECHGF her financial aid, as I understand things. So we'll be fortunate enough that we'll be able to keep scraping by and I know a whole lot of people aren't all that certain about being able to do that and I'm thankful. But that'll be the end of our dreams of maybe sniffing the tail end of the middle-class 5 or 6 years from now and I'm more than a little salty about that given how hard I've been working to make that possible by making sure I bring in enough by myself to keep us afloat financially so she can focus on school.

That, and the much more general part where I woke up in a country that just did that to, like, 20+ million people and where I'm suddenly actually kind of reticent to publicly make a crack about how I hope I live long enough to find myself in the same room with Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan for a few minutes so I can show them what it's like to desperately need access to health care and have it be denied to you by some fucking psychopath.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 06, 2017, 08:03:50 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 05, 2017, 08:40:58 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 05, 2017, 07:12:29 AM
Twid! I'm glad to see you're still kicking!

Roger! Fuck the Senate in the earhole with an unsharpened pencil!

Hoopla! I am absolutely ENGORGED with envy of your Canadianness right now!

There's a whole lot more I want to say here but I'm actually afraid to put it in writing on the internet. So that's the kind of country we are now. I am actually having trouble typing because I am literally crying and shaking with rage right this second.

Oh shit, dude. I hope that whatever it is, it's not something too bad. :( Although, what with being also a m ember of this society, I am guessing that it's something shitty and pervasive and getting worse.

ECHGF and mini-ECH are both gonna lose their health insurance because of those fucking snakes in skin suits in DC. I can put them both on mine easily enough. The kid is free and I can add ECHGF for $25 a month. I'm fortunate to have a great union job with ridiculously great benefits.

BUT.

Doing that will most likely cost ECHGF her financial aid, as I understand things. So we'll be fortunate enough that we'll be able to keep scraping by and I know a whole lot of people aren't all that certain about being able to do that and I'm thankful. But that'll be the end of our dreams of maybe sniffing the tail end of the middle-class 5 or 6 years from now and I'm more than a little salty about that given how hard I've been working to make that possible by making sure I bring in enough by myself to keep us afloat financially so she can focus on school.

That, and the much more general part where I woke up in a country that just did that to, like, 20+ million people and where I'm suddenly actually kind of reticent to publicly make a crack about how I hope I live long enough to find myself in the same room with Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan for a few minutes so I can show them what it's like to desperately need access to health care and have it be denied to you by some fucking psychopath.

Whoa, why will it cost her her financial aid? She should NOT give up school, for anything. Also, yeah, FUCK those bureaucrats. It's bullshit. Healthcare is no fucking joke.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Twid lives!

Will all those owed money by him please form an orderly queue.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 06, 2017, 09:24:49 PM
Twid lives!

Will all those owed money by him please form an orderly queue.

You've inspired a new pic
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Annnnnd blood tests back, TGRR is an evil diabetic.

Best.  Day.  EVER.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Cain

Quote from: Cain on January 05, 2017, 08:56:23 PM

Just to add, I'm at work for the next 3 nights, so my chances of catching up on the rest of these before then are practically nil.

The Good Reverend Roger