News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziegejunge

Been out of sorts the past couple days with a nasty stomach bug and am just now seeing this.

TWJ: I am extremely glad you're still here. There are a few posters I feel special rapport with on these boards, for whatever reason, and you're one of them.

Roger, I wish I had something less trite to say that to "hang in there." Ideally, I hope you're able to heal to the point where sleeping in a sitting position is not necessary. If that is not possible, I hope you are able to at least adapt to your body's needs in a way that is more comfortable for you.

For anyone else whose maladies and/or stressors I appear to have glossed over, I hope things improve for you as well. Keep on keeping on!

Q. G. Pennyworth

Holy Nonsense has begun crashing InDesign.

If I get hit by a bus one of you motherfuckers better finish this project.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on March 17, 2017, 12:12:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 17, 2017, 08:03:24 AM
Day 3 of having to sleep sitting up, to avoid choking.  This is probably a permanent thing.

Don't ever let them make you old.  And if they do make you old, don't let them make you sick.  And if they DO make you sick, take my advice and drive into a bridge abutment.

That sounds like fresh hell, Roger.

My great-great uncle, who sucked up some gas in world war I, spent the last 60 years of his life sitting up.

I just barely remember him.

If he can do it, so can I, I guess.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on March 16, 2017, 09:25:30 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 16, 2017, 07:05:36 PM
Why the hell don't we address women as "mister"? It's derived from "master", and the etymology indicates nothing about gender. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=master
Gender etymology varies depending on the region, Dutch, French, and so on have different ways of handling to it to English.
Measter still has the eastern european feminine form which adds an a, meastra. The french just use maĆ®tre, but for a lot of words they only distinguish with Le/La. 
The post grad (at least any I've seen) uses master regardless of the gender but technically Mistress should also be applicable.

Doctor who had a fun play on this two years ago where a villain The Master regenerated as a woman

Mistress has negative connotations in English, and besides, is a gendered term when it doesn't need to be gendered. I would prefer mister.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Most of PD would be horrified by the amount of time I have spent in the bathroom today.  Well, maybe not Roger.  But practically everyone else.  I swear I have lost a stone in weight just through shitting.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'd rather be shitting than what I'm doing, which is like shitting except it isn't in a toilet, it's on my computer, and instead of shit I'm squeezing out my thesis intro. Which might be shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 18, 2017, 05:00:31 PM
Most of PD would be horrified by the amount of time I have spent in the bathroom today.  Well, maybe not Roger.  But practically everyone else.  I swear I have lost a stone in weight just through shitting.

Fun fact:  Since I have gone on a diabetic diet and reduced food intake, my craps are no longer a thing of legend.

I feel as if part of me has died.

:lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 19, 2017, 05:03:26 AM

Fun fact:  Since I have gone on a diabetic diet and reduced food intake, my craps are no longer a thing of legend.

I feel as if part of me has died.

:lulz:

The Man From Tucson stared thoughtfully into the the toilet bowl he had spent a small fortune in filthy cash on. The expectations of the 2017 crapping infrastructure requirements had been based on estimates and projections from the previous two years, and it had seemed best to make an investment where it really counted. The damn thing was engineered for an unthinkable volume requirement and through sheer decadent water volume alone cost over $1.50 just to flush in the Arizona desert.

There were handholds and hydraulically adjustable foot supports. A laser volume detection lattice would begin a pre-flush agitation if the bowl levels indicated a particularly high density factor based on ancient calculations dating back to the time of Archimedes and the countless, unlauded great Roman engineers that had kept The Empire flowing properly for over 500 years right up until Constantine fucked everything up by adopting Christianity and their suspicion of mathematics and biological squeamishness led to a centuries long decline. The damn thing was the very best that industrial science and ancient wisdom could produce, and yet after The Changes all The Good Reverend Roger had excreted had been a single simple, perfectly proportioned loaf without variation of texture or color and mass insufficient to even register on the digital console panel above the tissue extruder and bidet initialization levers.

Other people, "normal" people might have sighed, but Roger's left eyelid merely twitched slightly as he realized that he would have to initiate the flushing sequence manually because the damn thing for all its sophisticated whatnots wasn't even aware that he had poomped at all, and he had no more to contribute. He was quite sure. And so with emptiness in his guts that was more than the usual feeling post-void, but also somehow less, he turned the key that lifted the clear sapphire plate away from the green led-backlit button for the manual flush override command and pressed it. This prompted the readout on the console to display: NO EXCRETION DETECTED. BEGIN FLUSH?

Roger's eye twitched once more as he entered the confirmation code causing the 12 pre-flush jets to begin to prime and the vanadium steel safety lid to close. TGRR realized that 2017 was surely going to be a rather tedious year indeed as he entered the decontamination room and washed hands that barely even needed it before re-entering the rest of the house.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Junkenstein

I'll raise you with "I bet you have no idea how totally a tiny human can coat themselves, the surroundings and you in shit".

A brutal round of food poisoning would have been preferable for me. At least that can be contained to a degree. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Freeky

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 19, 2017, 11:39:49 PM

I'll raise you with "I bet you have no idea how totally a tiny human can coat themselves, the surroundings and you in shit".

A brutal round of food poisoning would have been preferable for me. At least that can be contained to a degree. 

:lol: Been there.

The monkey and I have two new kittens now! I was wanting to wait until I had the house cleaner, but my cousin said they had to go to the county pound in a day or two if nobody took them, so I have them now.  They are napping under my dresser and adorable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm listening to the soothing sounds of Cain killing things. Somehow I forgot how pleasant this is.

Cain

Well you'll be happy to hear I'm considering a solo playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition (once I decide whether I prefer to go with an assassin Archer or a Knight-Enchanter), and will probably start making Skyrim Requiem videos again once I finish rebuilding and testing my mod list.

Cain

Work email has been "down for an hour or so" for 7 hours now  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 20, 2017, 11:06:06 PM
Work email has been "down for an hour or so" for 7 hours now  :lulz:

At least its an excuse not to have to communicate with your idiot boss?