News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I drove up the mountain today, because icy mountain roads in a two wheel drive are kinda my thing.

Plus, I was listening to a mashup of Boz Scaggs and The Frost Heaves, so there was no fear in Mudville.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2016, 05:41:04 PM

Plus, I was listening to a mashup of Boz Scaggs and The Frost Heaves, so there was no fear in Mudville.

I'd be interested in hearing that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 27, 2016, 05:53:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2016, 05:41:04 PM

I'd be interested in hearing that.

Sure.  I've got the file on my home comp.

And then Carrie Fisher died.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

MMIX

RIP Princess Leia Organa
and its still only the 27th :(

ETA
QuotePlease honor carrie fisher's wishes and include in her obituaries that she "drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra."
explanation@ https://twitter.com/threelisabeth/status/813807950355517441
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 27, 2016, 04:39:39 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 27, 2016, 12:42:16 AM
ASK ME. ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS.

It took me much longer than it really should have to figure this out.
How do you know this?

Because I gotta always learn the hard way.

I called my landlord and he's fixing it tomorrow.  :lulz:

Shit, it's somebody else's problem... even better.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xaz on December 27, 2016, 09:13:20 AM
I have had a leaky shower for over a year  :sad:

I have bypassed the problem but to properly fix it I think we're going to have to fully replace it. I don't think my DIY skills are up to redoing a bathroom unfortunately.

On the other hand, one of my key skills is ignoring small problems until they become big ones so I can probably get another six months at least out of the hose valve I added before it or my girlfriend finally gives in.

You probably just need a new stem valve gasket, depending on the age of the shower. They're super easy to replace.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Have you considered that it might be the stem valve gasket, instead?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Unrelated to anything, I just learned that our facilities department is abbreviated FAPAIM. I don't know what it stands for, but FAPAIM  sent me a confirmation email for my request to have our hazardous waste removed.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hopefully they have good enough FAPAIM that they don't get contamination everywhere.

The Good Reverend Roger

New record for driving down the mountain today.  14 minutes 52 seconds from the parking lot to route 86.

Bruno

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 28, 2016, 11:46:20 PM
Hopefully they have good enough FAPAIM that they don't get contamination everywhere.

If not, let's hope they at least follow proper Jeopardous Instances of Zealous Manipulation Originating Perilous Results protocol.

Formerly something else...

Junkenstein

I'm pretty sure it's all part of Containment Under Managerial Review And Guidance.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pergamos

I am binge watching Preacher.  It's as good as I expected it to be. 

Trivial

Trying to figure out why facebook translates Schlepper as coyote.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.