News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on December 30, 2016, 12:40:52 AM
Trying to figure out why facebook translates Schlepper as coyote.

Racism, most likely.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on December 29, 2016, 06:39:00 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 28, 2016, 11:46:20 PM
Hopefully they have good enough FAPAIM that they don't get contamination everywhere.

If not, let's hope they at least follow proper Jeopardous Instances of Zealous Manipulation Originating Perilous Results protocol.

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 29, 2016, 01:17:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's all part of Containment Under Managerial Review And Guidance.

:lulz:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on December 30, 2016, 01:02:29 PM

Racism, most likely.

Yeah, that'd be my guess as well.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have a nasty cold, but it's a lovely day and I get to do behavioral assessment today.

LMNO

I'm going to New Orleans for New Years'.

There's a greater than 50% chance I'll end up moving there, one day.

Sung Low

The lost highway seems to be where I'm at. I don't need any of it.
The d key has chosen to absent itself

Trivial

Quote from: LMNO on December 30, 2016, 01:02:29 PM

Racism, most likely.

Figured out it was a person.  Google said it was a tractor.  Brain was stuck on trying to figure out the tractor-coyote connection. 
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

LMNO

"Schlep" - to haul, or carry; usually awkwardly or laborious
"coyote" - slang term for someone who transports undocumented immigrants over the Mexico-US border, typically cruelly and/or with ill intent.

Use Starbuck's pebbles to make a connection.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on December 30, 2016, 04:49:17 PM
I'm going to New Orleans for New Years'.

There's a greater than 50% chance I'll end up moving there, one day.

That's one place I would really like to visit. There's a big bio conference being held there this year that I'll be expected to attend starting next year (when I have results from my experiment currently in progress), but of course next year it's in San Francisco (lame!) and I have no idea when it'll be in New Orleans again. Boo!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fueled with feminist spunk from reading Carol Tavris, I added a definition to Urban Dictionary this morning. I've never had one approved so fast... it was approved in mere seconds.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Penis+envy&defid=10815361

East Coast Hustle

I haven't been to New Orleans since before Katrina but goddamn I loved hanging out in that town. Out of any city in the states it is the one that feels the most West Indian.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 30, 2016, 11:53:20 PMSan Francisco (lame!)

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 31, 2016, 03:20:10 AM
I haven't been to New Orleans since before Katrina but goddamn I loved hanging out in that town. Out of any city in the states it is the one that feels the most West Indian.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 30, 2016, 11:53:20 PMSan Francisco (lame!)

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. :lulz:

It's overpriced and crowded and hilly and it smells like pee. I mean, there are nice things about it, but there are nice things about Fresno, too.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Last week, I told one of my undergrads that being late is extremely frowned-upon in my lab. She wanted to come in today at 9. Sure enough, she is 13 minutes late and counting. Grrrrrrr.

Also, for some reason I got made a Reddit science mod. I didn't ask, nobody asked me. WTF.

The Good Reverend Roger

So, I've been spending some time on a couple of stand-alone forums that cater to the right, as a "know your enemy" thing.

I have seriously never heard so much whinging in my life.  They cry because Hollywood doesn't like them.  They cry because Disney isn't Ayn Rand enough for them.  They cry because Black men date white women.  They cry because nobody gets their alt-right philosophy and/or political views.  They cry because Trump won and liberals won't "respect" him.  Also because THEY WON but NOTHING CHANGED. 

But the best part is what happens when a person takes one step off the reservation for any reason.  One guy brought up the fact that the ocean level is unequivocally rising, and they descended on him like rabid seagulls.  He was a 4 year member, and they drove him off in less than 2 days, and apparently doxxed him for good measure.  This is a board with about 70 active (every day active) members, and about 200 occasionally-active people.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

That's almost impressive. Will be interested to hear how this degenerates further.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.