News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

TRANSMISSION RECEIVED LEGATE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO REPORT?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm still alive, firstly, and on winter break so I figured I'd drop in and say hello to everyone. How's it going?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Faust

Congratulations on surviving 2016, we should probably take a census soon and make sure everyone else escaped it's clutches. Things not too bad, roger is doing a survival guide for the coming current weird times. Otherwise everything else is quiet, everyone counting down the dread to the 20th.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nephew Twiddleton

I'll have to check that out. Also how to figure out this Tapatalk thing. Almost done with college--next semester is my last of I don't fuck anything up. I probably won't, since it's all biology courses with the exception of physics II. Have to apply to PhD programs in the next couple of months. Moving in with Villager after I graduate, actually, so I'm doing somewhat of a slow move where I bring over some stuff and leave it there every weekend.

The Good Reverend Roger

So, I spend a good chunk of the day following the opening of this session of the senate.

I told you guys the future was flimsy and without foundation.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 04, 2017, 01:26:48 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on January 04, 2017, 01:25:02 AM
I think that means that society is still at a point where around 50% of the population is happy to kick itself in the bollocks while declaring it the best thing to do.

And how should Disney be more Randian? Do they want the princes to run around raping people or what?

1.  Virginia coal miners - who voted for Trump, almost to a man - are now suddenly concerned that their lung ailments will no longer be insurable.  whoopsie.  Can't do nothing for ya, man.

2.  I am told there are too many "morals" in Disney movies.

Ayn Rand was obsessed with morals. She had her own view of morality, for sure, but she certainly didn't consider herself without morals.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

Twid! I'm glad to see you're still kicking!

Roger! Fuck the Senate in the earhole with an unsharpened pencil!

Hoopla! I am absolutely ENGORGED with envy of your Canadianness right now!

There's a whole lot more I want to say here but I'm actually afraid to put it in writing on the internet. So that's the kind of country we are now. I am actually having trouble typing because I am literally crying and shaking with rage right this second.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on January 05, 2017, 02:52:15 AM
Any particular highlights?

They pulled a stunt with the ethics overwatch, then retracted it to look reasonable.

Then they opened the bill beginning the destruction of the ACA with a 51:48 vote.  Then moved on to some anti-LGBT legislation.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 05, 2017, 03:10:05 PM

They pulled a stunt with the ethics overwatch, then retracted it to look reasonable.

Then they opened the bill beginning the destruction of the ACA with a 58:41 vote.  Then moved on to some anti-LGBT legislation.

Dammit. Not that it's surprising. I'd heard about the ethics thing, hadn't heard about ACA or the anti LGBT stuff. They're not wasting any time, I see.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on January 05, 2017, 03:24:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 05, 2017, 03:10:05 PM

Then they opened the bill beginning the destruction of the ACA with a 58:41 vote.  Then moved on to some anti-LGBT legislation.

Dammit. Not that it's surprising. I'd heard about the ethics thing, hadn't heard about ACA or the anti LGBT stuff. They're not wasting any time, I see.

They've had this lined up for months.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 05, 2017, 07:12:29 AM

I was thinking in the ear with Dongzilla.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on January 04, 2017, 10:20:16 PM
I'm still alive, firstly, and on winter break so I figured I'd drop in and say hello to everyone. How's it going?

So far, so good: I am getting over a nasty bout with a cold that went into my lungmeat, and Alty and I have almost accomplished our goal for Winter Break, remodeling the bathroom. It's nice to see you around these parts!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 05, 2017, 07:12:29 AM
Twid! I'm glad to see you're still kicking!

Hoopla! I am absolutely ENGORGED with envy of your Canadianness right now!

There's a whole lot more I want to say here but I'm actually afraid to put it in writing on the internet. So that's the kind of country we are now. I am actually having trouble typing because I am literally crying and shaking with rage right this second.

Oh shit, dude. I hope that whatever it is, it's not something too bad. :( Although, what with being also a m ember of this society, I am guessing that it's something shitty and pervasive and getting worse.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was spending a little time yesterday thinking about how completely insane it is that human beings invented currency to act as a representation of real resources, and then essentially immediately commenced destroying real resources as rapidly as possible in order to amass the largest amount of currency. Literally; the destruction of the rail system and development of the highway system was entirely about figuring out ways to sell more oil to people to unnecessarily burn in exchange for currency. Same with basically all other real resources. That oil would probably have come in real handy, metered out judiciously over the next 1000 years... but nope, we had to get it out of the ground and burn it as fast as we could, for "the economy".

This, in a nutshell, is why, if there are spacefaring intelligent animals from other planets, we will never meet them. It's not like we're going to see them before they see us, and if they see us, they're definitely going to put us in quarantine, for a variety of ethical reasons.