News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

If you like the feelings of suspense and constantly being hunted in alien, I would really suggest Alien Isolation: It's one of the best suspense/horror games I've ever played (even if it is just elaborate hide and seek with the alien) and the sound and feel of the game really gets the alien/aliens feel across.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Alien: Isolation does have fantastic atmosphere.  Playing it alone, in the dark would be quite the experience.

Faust

Yeah, headphones on is the only way to play, the sound of metal falling in the distance, or steam valves around you, even the clicks of the retro 80's style computers. It's one of the few examples a game where sound is paramount and the graphics fall at the wayside.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 31, 2016, 03:30:41 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 31, 2016, 03:20:10 AM
I haven't been to New Orleans since before Katrina but goddamn I loved hanging out in that town. Out of any city in the states it is the one that feels the most West Indian.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 30, 2016, 11:53:20 PMSan Francisco (lame!)

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. :lulz:

It's overpriced and crowded and hilly and it smells like pee. I mean, there are nice things about it, but there are nice things about Fresno, too.

:lulz:

And I'm hogging all of them.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

So, medicated for the disobedient pancreas thingie. 

Blood sugar down from 177 to 141 on day 1.

Mind you, I am also starving AND the principle side effect of Metformin is horrible liquid ass explosions for 1-2 weeks, so things are a festival here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Presumably there is also a downside to the medication?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2017, 02:52:37 AM

Potential lactose acidosis.  That's when your pH drops by .4 and you vomit on everything and die.

Not sure that's a downside, though.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 12, 2017, 06:50:43 PM
To be fair, this is the Open Bar.

Which is, also to be fair, not usually home to the degree of dick-waving I expect to see everywhere else on Peedee.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on January 12, 2017, 11:37:28 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 31, 2016, 03:30:41 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 31, 2016, 03:20:10 AM
I haven't been to New Orleans since before Katrina but goddamn I loved hanging out in that town. Out of any city in the states it is the one that feels the most West Indian.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 30, 2016, 11:53:20 PMSan Francisco (lame!)

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. :lulz:

It's overpriced and crowded and hilly and it smells like pee. I mean, there are nice things about it, but there are nice things about Fresno, too.

:lulz:

And I'm hogging all of them.

Well, there isn't enough to go around so you have to hoard what you can get.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 13, 2017, 02:57:41 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2017, 02:52:37 AM

Potential lactose acidosis.  That's when your pH drops by .4 and you vomit on everything and die.

Not sure that's a downside, though.
Calling Dr. Atkins, seems like ketosis not all that. 

Faust

LMNO

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 13, 2017, 03:27:41 AM

Which is, also to be fair, not usually home to the degree of dick-waving I expect to see everywhere else on Peedee.

That's fair.

Rev Thwack

Quote from: LMNO on January 13, 2017, 01:17:33 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 13, 2017, 03:27:41 AM

That's fair.

But isn't it also fair to consider it acceptable to bring said dick-waving to the Open Bar, as it's featured throughout the rest of the forum?
My balls itch...