News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2017, 08:55:25 PM
Here's a hilarious update: Lysergic, not content with being a clock truther, now believes the Steele memo about Trump was faked by 4chan.  Or at least the golden shower part.  Despite the complete date disparity, and the fact that Steele was relying on Russian informants, not casually scoping out the latest /pol/ bullshit.

what is a clock truther?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 13, 2017, 09:19:41 PM
Here's a hilarious update: Lysergic, not content with being a clock truther, now believes the Steele memo about Trump was faked by 4chan.  Or at least the golden shower part.  Despite the complete date disparity, and the fact that Steele was relying on Russian informants, not casually scoping out the latest /pol/ bullshit.

what is a clock truther?

You know that kid who brought his clock into school and got arrested for it?  People who believe he did it on purpose and for attention and/or he didn't build the clock himself.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2017, 09:21:50 PM

what is a clock truther?

You know that kid who brought his clock into school and got arrested for it?  People who believe he did it on purpose and for attention and/or he didn't build the clock himself.

Oh, shit.  That crap.

well, I have low expectations for anything that falls out of Lysergic's face.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2017, 09:21:50 PM

what is a clock truther?

Basically, it's an excuse to be racist.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

It was hilarious - in a terrible way - when Clock Truthers overran Reddit for like a month straight.  They were so blatantly envious of him it was ridiculous.

All those poor, unrecognised child geniuses of Reddit.  I cri evrytiem

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2017, 11:29:02 PM
It was hilarious - in a terrible way - when Clock Truthers overran Reddit for like a month straight.  They were so blatantly envious of him it was ridiculous.

All those poor, unrecognised child geniuses of Reddit.  I cri evrytiem

I loved how the naysayers were all conflicted between whether a clock is super easy to build and therefore unimpressive, and whether a clock is too hard for a kid that age to build and therefore someone made it for him. They just could not get their shit together; all they knew was that there had to be SOME excuse for hating on the kid.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Apparently some weird shit may be going down outside the J. Edgar Hoover building?  I'm seeing some suspiciously vague tweets about it.

Bruno

Was it ever conclusively determined if he built a clock, or just took one out of it's shell, and put it in a pencil box?
Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emo Howard on January 14, 2017, 05:23:01 AM
Was it ever conclusively determined if he built a clock, or just took one out of it's shell, and put it in a pencil box?

Same thing with the pyramids.  Did the Egyptians really build them, or did they just take a mountain and stick it in a pencil box?

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 13, 2017, 03:27:41 AM
Quote from: LMNO on January 12, 2017, 06:50:43 PM
To be fair, this is the Open Bar.

Which is, also to be fair, not usually home to the degree of dick-waving I expect to see everywhere else on Peedee.

The dick-waving quotient increases by about 748% any time Thwack decides to grace us with his presence. He's still PeeDee-ing like it's 2006.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on January 14, 2017, 05:23:01 AM

Does it matter in the fucking slightest? Usually when someone "builds a clock", they buy a pre-made clockwork and put it in something that will serve as a clock face. This is functionally almost exactly the same as taking a clockwork out of one clock face and putting it in another. Almost nobody builds clockworks from scratch anymore; sort of like how very few of the people who build guns actually machine any of their own parts.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-build-a-clock

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 14, 2017, 10:34:28 AM

Which is, also to be fair, not usually home to the degree of dick-waving I expect to see everywhere else on Peedee.

The dick-waving quotient increases by about 748% any time Thwack decides to grace us with his presence. He's still PeeDee-ing like it's 2006.

I kinda picked up on that.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xaz on January 14, 2017, 11:05:30 AM
Who is Lysergic?  :?

A PDer of times gone by. We watched him undergo various stages of meth addiction, PUA addiction, libertarian fuckery, and conspiracy theories, and as a result of making a complete tool of himself over and over and over, he hates us.

Rev Thwack

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 14, 2017, 10:34:28 AM

What can I say, sometimes elements of times past should return. There is a lot to be said for not taking yourself too seriously, and there are some here that really need to remember that.
My balls itch...