News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

I think we can all agree that the most egregious offense here is the Appeal to Lulz without delivering said Lulz.

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 16, 2017, 06:58:57 PM
I think we can all agree that the most egregious offense here is the Appeal to Lulz without delivering said Lulz.

Seriously. If you're going to complain about a lack of funny, you better fucking bring the funny. Otherwise you're just an unfunny complainer, and we already have Unfunny Eric for that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's snow day nine hundred and fucktyseven here in the Niglty (Altnel?) household. I am so thoroughly over snow days.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I hear most of PDX has turned to cannibalism, with the vegans deciding that eating another vegan is OK.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 17, 2017, 09:55:57 PM
I hear most of PDX has turned to cannibalism, with the vegans deciding that eating another vegan is OK.

It's really the only thing that's making this bearable.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on January 17, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
Haha you stole our weather  :lulz:

I'd like you to have it back, please. We have no infrastructure for this!

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 18, 2017, 02:39:17 AM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on January 17, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
Haha you stole our weather  :lulz:

I'd like you to have it back, please. We have no infrastructure for this!

I"m on the fence about this.  On one hand, it's warm.

On the other hand, they built an ice castle expecting a normal winter, not sure how well that's holding up.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

I have income again.  It's enough to scrape by, consulting for an NGO on the East coast.  Best part is, I can keep the position when I find something more lucrative, since this takes about 8 hours/week, working remotely.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

NeonWytch

A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 18, 2017, 04:08:25 AM
I have income again.  It's enough to scrape by, consulting for an NGO on the East coast.  Best part is, I can keep the position when I find something more lucrative, since this takes about 8 hours/week, working remotely.

That's awesome, but hold up a second...

You can make enough money to scrape by working only 8 hours a week? Fuck, man, I'm so in the wrong line of work.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

My sleep schedule has gone to shit over the past few months.

For example, I finished work Sunday morning.  Slept 4 hours until 1230, then stayed awake until 1500 the next day, slept for 4 hours that night, then slept another 5 hours from around 0600 in the morning, then yesterday I slept from 0400 until 1230 again.

That's actually pretty good for me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 18, 2017, 04:17:56 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 18, 2017, 04:08:25 AM

That's awesome, but hold up a second...

You can make enough money to scrape by working only 8 hours a week? Fuck, man, I'm so in the wrong line of work.

I have some money put away.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today is hilarious.

I almost forgot I have to let my interns in, and was 40 minutes late because of nothing going quite right.

Water is leaking into the basement levels. My lab is in B2.

My dad, who has dementia, isn't getting along with my brother and wants to move into our basement, which is also flooded, so I had a chat with him today. He was not thrilled about my insistence that first he has to look at the space, and THEN we have to sit down together with the brother he lives with, the brother whose name is on all his properties, one of my sisters, and my cousin to hash out his living arrangements.

After that phone call, maintenance showed up, and determined that the main drains on the east side of the building are clogged "with something dead", and that we can't use the plumbing until it's removed.

Appropriately, it now smells like a corpse-filled sewer in the science building. I'll be here until 8 (with forays to nearby buildings to use the bathroom).