News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The head of maintenance thinks that what's blocking the sewer is a chunk of whale.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 19, 2017, 12:25:16 AM
The head of maintenance thinks that what's blocking the sewer is a chunk of whale.

That's no place for a whale!  What are you Portlandians doing up there, anyway?

Cain

Work continues to be fun.

Last week, I discovered six people listed as away who had actually returned.  Sent slightly sarcastic email.  Found several things wrong with rooms, lists, signing in forms and other things, which I ranted at my manager about, knowing full well he wouldn't do anything about it.

Today I come in, and find he has emailed a complaint about my being one number out on a medication count (of several hundred pills).  Public email, to the whole department.  Slight problem...I counted what the student took and deducted that from the number in the book.

So fire lists etc, not important at all, but HOLY SHIT CAIN WAS (NOT) OFF BY ONE PILL IN A COUNT, BETTER SEND AN EMAIL CALLING HIM OUT RIGHT AWAY.

Oh, and a student of mine is probably getting expelled or suspended.  I don't know what for though because no-one thought to include me in the private message that says what happened.   I'm only here 4 nights a week, why would I need to know anything?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on January 19, 2017, 12:31:45 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 19, 2017, 12:25:16 AM

That's no place for a whale!  What are you Portlandians doing up there, anyway?

It would appear that someone has snuck a whale into the building and is gradually hacking it into bits.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2017, 03:40:44 AM
Work continues to be fun.

Last week, I discovered six people listed as away who had actually returned.  Sent slightly sarcastic email.  Found several things wrong with rooms, lists, signing in forms and other things, which I ranted at my manager about, knowing full well he wouldn't do anything about it.

Today I come in, and find he has emailed a complaint about my being one number out on a medication count (of several hundred pills).  Public email, to the whole department.  Slight problem...I counted what the student took and deducted that from the number in the book.

So fire lists etc, not important at all, but HOLY SHIT CAIN WAS (NOT) OFF BY ONE PILL IN A COUNT, BETTER SEND AN EMAIL CALLING HIM OUT RIGHT AWAY.

Oh, and a student of mine is probably getting expelled or suspended.  I don't know what for though because no-one thought to include me in the private message that says what happened.   I'm only here 4 nights a week, why would I need to know anything?

Jesus, that place is a shitshow. It's like they said to themselves, how can we make it almost impossible for any essential staff to do their job properly? Let's do that.

Cain

Today, my co-worker was called while she was in a Uni lecture because our manager couldn't find a master key and thought she took it.  2 weeks ago, the department head made a note on our handovers that he was taking a master key for himself.  That was the key he thought was missing.  I should note, this is the manager that insists he get the handover printed on a daily basis for him, despite it also being emailed to him daily.

Also, I reported way back in November 18 that a particular room was fire hazard levels of mess.  What did my manager tell me?  "Leave it with me".  Now, 7 weeks later, the issue has still not been resolved. and he has had to report the kid to his college.

Freeky

I think I was sleep eating last night.  I bought Cheetoes yesterday, and woke up at least three times for the specific purpose of eating my cheetoes before falling asleep again.

Fuckin' Cheetoes, man.

LMNO

Well, today's the day.  Or maybe it's Monday, since he's taking the weekend off.

Hopefully, my steel-tipped workboots will show up soon.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Also, I'd like to announce the first release by Donald., a political punk band I helped start.

Our first song and video is called "Sad."  It's only a minute and a half long, so watch it.

We also have a Facebook page.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 20, 2017, 02:31:10 PM
Also, I'd like to announce the first release by Donald., a political punk band I helped start.

Our first song and video is called "Sad."  It's only a minute and a half long, so watch it.

We also have a Facebook page.

Nicely done!

LMNO

Thanks!  It's really fun.  And refreshing to be in a band that's not all dudes posturing! 

MMIX

I just got a "breaking news" from the WaPo that they did the unthinkable and swore in that painted troll.
so The News is Broken - official
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Should the song technically be called "Sad!"?

LMNO

According to the woman who came up with the idea, no.

I'm gonna go with her on this one.