News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 22, 2017, 05:04:07 PM
Fuck this Presidency. I am noticing sexist, racist, homophobic posts and comments pop up more and more, from people I NEVER would have expected it from, along with lots and lots of posts aimed at knocking down people who support feminist and civil rights movements. This is more discouraging to me than the right-wing conservatives spouting the same garbage, because it tells me that there are a lot of people calling themselves liberals who have been allies in name only, because they got social approval for being allies, and now that they might get social approval for revealing their true feelings about uppity wimmins and queers and colored folk, they're testing the waters.

I know what you mean.  It's awful.

LMNO

This week's SNL was hosted by Aziz Ansari (Tom from "Parks And Recreation"), and his monologue touched on this.

(Paraphrased)
"It's like Trump gets elected, and there's a whole bunch of people went, "Yay! I don't have to pretend I'm not racist anymore!"

"No guys, no. KEEP PRETENDING."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Brexit Britain all over again.  We're preparing ourselves over here for when Article 50 is enacted, for the ongoing racial discrimination and violence to get even worse.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2017, 10:41:15 PM
Brexit Britain all over again.  We're preparing ourselves over here for when Article 50 is enacted, for the ongoing racial discrimination and violence to get even worse.

This is me making preparations.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2017, 11:03:22 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2017, 10:41:15 PM

This is me making preparations.

Reasonable.

hooplala

Can't wait for the next news source Trump refers to as "fake news" to suggest they simply have alternative facts.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Currently feeling very pleased with myself for this quiz question:

10. Cnidaria have two life stages: (1 pt)

Harpy and cyst
Siren and abscess
Dryad and nodule
Medusa and polyp
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 23, 2017, 11:06:41 PM
Currently feeling very pleased with myself for this quiz question:

10. Cnidaria have two life stages: (1 pt)

Harpy and cyst
Siren and abscess
Dryad and nodule
Medusa and polyp

:lulz:

Bonus question how many of these are the names of $25/plate gastropubs.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 21, 2017, 01:19:34 AM
Quote from: The Half-Seeing Waffle on January 21, 2017, 12:26:55 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2017, 10:47:00 PM
Quote from: The Half-Seeing Waffle on January 20, 2017, 10:40:51 PM
Is America great yet?

Jesus Christ what a shitshow

And to make things even better, on May 7th we'll learn if you guys still have a Europe.

What happens on May 7th?

French elections.  If Le Pen wins, she plans to have France leave the EU.

Woohooo!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

hooplala

So, I've been working as a recruiter's assistant for close to 3 months (90 day probationary period is over in just over a week)... not a bad job, but it's very "salesman", which is not something I am particularly good at. There's also a bunch of minutiae one needs to remember in the computer system, and the recruiter I work under gets the full commission for work I do. (I screen potential clients, go through their work history, and decide if they are worth submitting to our clients).

So. it's a much better job than I have had since I got laid off from the Pussy Palace, but it's not really my cuppa, when it comes down to it.

A friend offered me a gig at a pot-growing garden on the north side of the city. Apparently it's licensed (not certain if this is true yet). Two bucks more per hour than the recruiter job, but there's obviously a bit of a stigma involved. Wife was unimpressed by the offer, despite the 2 dollars more. She sees me getting busted in a raid. Which I can't say I know for sure won't happen.

I'm thinking I should at least go for coffee with this friend and get more details. Or, am I nuts for even considering this? There is definitely a part of me worried I am just tryin to skirt responsibility. Probably a big part.

Opinions? (Apologies for post length)

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Eater of Clowns

The fact that it's hourly sounds like a good sign that it's legit.

If it were illegal I feel like it'd be more like a x-amount-per-week sort of thing.

It should be noted that I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about it. Weed is that stuff that makes Floridians gnaw at each others' faces right?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 23, 2017, 11:45:09 PM
The fact that it's hourly sounds like a good sign that it's legit.

If it were illegal I feel like it'd be more like a x-amount-per-week sort of thing.

It should be noted that I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about it. Weed is that stuff that makes Floridians gnaw at each others' faces right?

Well it certainly gives ME an appetite.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Life is too short to be miserable.  If you don't like the current job, take the new job.

You'll feel much better, at least until Justin Trudeau's jackbooted goons do the Tucson shuffle on you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on January 23, 2017, 11:37:24 PM
So, I've been working as a recruiter's assistant for close to 3 months (90 day probationary period is over in just over a week)... not a bad job, but it's very "salesman", which is not something I am particularly good at. There's also a bunch of minutiae one needs to remember in the computer system, and the recruiter I work under gets the full commission for work I do. (I screen potential clients, go through their work history, and decide if they are worth submitting to our clients).

So. it's a much better job than I have had since I got laid off from the Pussy Palace, but it's not really my cuppa, when it comes down to it.

A friend offered me a gig at a pot-growing garden on the north side of the city. Apparently it's licensed (not certain if this is true yet). Two bucks more per hour than the recruiter job, but there's obviously a bit of a stigma involved. Wife was unimpressed by the offer, despite the 2 dollars more. She sees me getting busted in a raid. Which I can't say I know for sure won't happen.

I'm thinking I should at least go for coffee with this friend and get more details. Or, am I nuts for even considering this? There is definitely a part of me worried I am just tryin to skirt responsibility. Probably a big part.

Opinions? (Apologies for post length)

What's the likelihood of legality in your area? To me, it sounds like an amazing opportunity, if only because you will have an "in" when/if recreational pot is legalized there.