News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Turned out it was totally fine; he chose two of the more solid submissions for the class to read over and critique, so it was flattering with a helpful dose of humility. :lol:

I am feeling much better this term; both about the 12-hour days and about my progress. The wise old neurophysiologist I wanted on my grad committee said yes, so that was really nice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Three million people are mad enough to flood the streets. Twitter is full of alt accounts for government organizations getting gagged by the new administration. The NYC Counterterrorism people really liked our talk and want to do more stuff, same for the folks from the LA sheriff's department. I yelled at the DoD's chief engineer for being a colossal douche, and he apologized. D&D alignment chart references abounded, and I didn't have to explain the concept in detail to get folks on board. The mayor of Boston just told the administration to eat a dick.

Somebody help the world makes no sense.

The Good Reverend Roger

RP is now on Scrubgenius, the private board, moaning about how awful we all are.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 26, 2017, 12:26:33 PM
Three million people are mad enough to flood the streets. Twitter is full of alt accounts for government organizations getting gagged by the new administration. The NYC Counterterrorism people really liked our talk and want to do more stuff, same for the folks from the LA sheriff's department. I yelled at the DoD's chief engineer for being a colossal douche, and he apologized. D&D alignment chart references abounded, and I didn't have to explain the concept in detail to get folks on board. The mayor of Boston just told the administration to eat a dick.

Somebody help the world makes no sense.

These are definitely the strangest of the Strange Times yet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2017, 03:22:03 PM
RP is now on Scrubgenius, the private board, moaning about how awful we all are.   :lulz:

I love how the trolliest trolls always end up crying about their treatment.

hooplala

I believe that is the legal requirement for butthurt flouncing.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 26, 2017, 04:26:01 PM

I love how the trolliest trolls always end up crying about their treatment.

Yep.  Funniest thing is, he outed himself because he couldn't resist taking a shot at me. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on January 26, 2017, 06:41:56 PM

I believe that is the legal requirement for butthurt flouncing.

well, he was banned, but yes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Here's a snippet:

QuoteDiscordianism has been hijacked. As much as the concept of the public domain of intellectual properties is worthy of support, this is one of the rare occasions in which the lack of formal control has resulted in a systematic perversion of the original idea. Discordianism was left to the public domain for a reason: if you ever suspect that anyone is dictating what Discordianism is, they are the enemy.

This has been happening for quite some time.

If you have your own idea of Discordianism and you start preaching it to other "Discordians", you will be accused of being a "Really Real Discordian". The "Really Real Discordian" accusation is a defense against any attacks towards the brand of Discordianism that has been co-opted. If someone accuses you of being a Really Real Discordian, it probably means you're onto something interesting that they don't want to hear. Or you're a complete ass. It's one of the two.

LMNO

I love the self-editing -- It's not about having a new idea, it's that they have the Really Real True Idea, and we're DOING IT WRONG.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 26, 2017, 07:04:21 PM
I love the self-editing -- It's not about having a new idea, it's that they have the Really Real True Idea, and we're DOING IT WRONG.

In related news, I just found out that rant got him banned, as it was obviously aimed at me after the admins told both of us to STFU.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

I should know by tomorrow or Monday if I have the world's worst technical job.

Leaving Junkie in the dust, here, if I have it.

Cain

That's hilarious, especially if he thought Scrubgenius was going to be more lenient with his bullshit than we were.