News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

00.dusk

That's definitely, IMO, the right mindset to have in these times.

Maybe five, ten years ago you could reasonably talk about "oh, maybe they're just edgy", but real Nazis are stalking these streets today. If you don't want to be mistaken for the Enemy, you don't adopt their ideological uniform. Period. The Resistance isn't too sure on who's part of them at the best of times.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 30, 2017, 06:54:52 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 29, 2017, 12:44:53 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on January 27, 2017, 06:06:38 PM
I hate my hometown. It has people like this.

QuoteI'm saying make sure the guy you're calling a Nazi is in fact a Nazi before using the term. If someone has evidence that Mr. "Hitler Wasn't Wrong" is in fact a dues-paying member of Stormfront or some other fascist promoting organization, I'd like to see it.

I hate to say this, but there is a possibility that "Hilter Did Nothing Wrong" guy may not be a Nazi. A 4chan Get thread a few years back went something along the lines of "whatever post hits [insert Big Round Number Here] is true forever" and "Hitler did nothing wrong" was the post that won. It was also one of the finalists in Mt Dew's poorly thought out online naming contest. Edgelord certainly, Nazi status is questionable.

Not the guy who got punched, though, that guy's a fucking Nazi all day.

Someone spouts blatantly pro-Nazi shit they no longer get any kind of benefit of the doubt whether they are or are not a nazi.

Yeah, I'm with you here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

By all means, punch the edgelords. They are at the very best nazi-enablers at this point.

The Good Reverend Roger

Looks like I got the job.  I will be signing the w4 tomorrow.

I am now doing the most horrible technical job that exists.  Rat-catchers and British demolitions guys will sneer at me, though not at the pay.  Half of my time will be in Tucson, the other half in Phoenix.

Fortunately, the work is at night, to hide our shameful deeds.  Also it will only be 110F in the summer, instead of 120F, so I have that going for me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 31, 2017, 11:36:20 PM
So,  congrats?

Thanks.  I was really worried that this was going to be another never-ending disaster.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

50% of your time in Phoenix... :eek:

I stole a mattress tonight.  Hopefully this will ensure a good sleep tomorrow, because if it doesn't I'm going to have to look up some hotels to stay at during my time off.  I'm pretty sure the mattress was the problem though, going by the aches in my back.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 01, 2017, 03:44:44 AM

I became associated with climate change research, at even the lowest level.  CAP jobs are kind of "not happening for Roger", and thus I must spend a few years in purgatory.

It's at night, so it isn't actually hell.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2017, 04:19:51 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 01, 2017, 03:44:44 AM

I became associated with climate change research, at even the lowest level.  CAP jobs are kind of "not happening for Roger", and thus I must spend a few years in purgatory.

It's at night, so it isn't actually hell.

So, good on the whole, right?

It's kind of hard to tell.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Well, night-time just means you can't see the demons coming.  Unless your job gives you cool nightvision goggles or something, which is entirely possible.

Looks like the mattress was indeed the problem. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 01, 2017, 06:21:12 PM
Well, night-time just means you can't see the demons coming.  Unless your job gives you cool nightvision goggles or something, which is entirely possible.

Looks like the mattress was indeed the problem.

Good, I hope that means you got some damn sleep for a change.

Cain

I did, but I woke up to this...:

Wow, so that just happened.

Work rant incoming, so you know what to do if that doesn't interest you...

A student went missing last night. Didn't sign back into the building, didn't show up for curfew, no information to explain his absence, not hiding in anyone else's room.

As our students are over 18, but still in our care, there is little I can do but ensure he is not here (especially after last week, when the other night shift reported the student missing despite him being in the kitchen), attempt to contact him by his (switched off) phone and keep checking the room, on the off chance he was somewhere else in the building and had forgotten to sign in.

Come 7am, there's no sign of him, so I inform the building manager, write up a report and sign off for the day.

My manager instructed the day shift to check, via the electronic registration form, whether the missing student had attended class today. When he saw there was a "late" on his first class, he declared the problem solved. Two hours later, his boss rang, saying the student had missed all the classes that day (the initial entry was user error) and that they had to locate him.

Using the older student records, they found a previous phone number and called it, asking for the missing student to get in touch. An hour later, he got a text back, saying that everything was OK. No call to speak with him, no verification that it was actally him sending the text, just a single text saying everything was OK. No location or reason for the absence was even given. My boss, deciding this was his allotted work for the day, declared the case solved and went home at 3pm, as is his usual schedule.

Fortunately, his boss, despite his own moral, intellectual and emotional failings, decided to actually do his job and get in contact with the student via his parents (who were understandably very concerned about their son going missing in a city halfway across the world) and speak with him, on the phone, to ensure he was OK and verify his location and return date.

But still....if the student hadn't been OK, if something had happened...my manager would be up on charges of negligence at the very least. According to the day staff, he spent more time crowing about his "brilliance" in sending a text to an old number than he did being concerned that a student had vanished, especially a student without prior incidents of similar events.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 01, 2017, 08:57:19 PM
I did, but I woke up to this...:

Wow, so that just happened.

Work rant incoming, so you know what to do if that doesn't interest you...

A student went missing last night. Didn't sign back into the building, didn't show up for curfew, no information to explain his absence, not hiding in anyone else's room.

As our students are over 18, but still in our care, there is little I can do but ensure he is not here (especially after last week, when the other night shift reported the student missing despite him being in the kitchen), attempt to contact him by his (switched off) phone and keep checking the room, on the off chance he was somewhere else in the building and had forgotten to sign in.

Come 7am, there's no sign of him, so I inform the building manager, write up a report and sign off for the day.

My manager instructed the day shift to check, via the electronic registration form, whether the missing student had attended class today. When he saw there was a "late" on his first class, he declared the problem solved. Two hours later, his boss rang, saying the student had missed all the classes that day (the initial entry was user error) and that they had to locate him.

Using the older student records, they found a previous phone number and called it, asking for the missing student to get in touch. An hour later, he got a text back, saying that everything was OK. No call to speak with him, no verification that it was actally him sending the text, just a single text saying everything was OK. No location or reason for the absence was even given. My boss, deciding this was his allotted work for the day, declared the case solved and went home at 3pm, as is his usual schedule.

Fortunately, his boss, despite his own moral, intellectual and emotional failings, decided to actually do his job and get in contact with the student via his parents (who were understandably very concerned about their son going missing in a city halfway across the world) and speak with him, on the phone, to ensure he was OK and verify his location and return date.

But still....if the student hadn't been OK, if something had happened...my manager would be up on charges of negligence at the very least. According to the day staff, he spent more time crowing about his "brilliance" in sending a text to an old number than he did being concerned that a student had vanished, especially a student without prior incidents of similar events.

What the actual fuck? That guy needs to get fired. Just fucking straight-up fired.