News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know WTF is wrong with her, but I know I want to stay as far away as possible because she strikes me as the type who files complaints when things don't go her way. She is very, very, very whiny, and everything that happens is always someone else's fault.

Last week, it was her professor's fault she didn't make an appointment to take her exam in the testing center earlier in the term before all the slots filled up.

I can see where this trainwreck is heading, and as the lab liaison I fully anticipate that she will try to make it my fault.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 03, 2017, 07:04:09 AM
So, at the new job. Nights. Horrible stuff.

I called the lady that my boss unjustly fired prior to the layoffs and asked her if she was still looking for work. I told her what the work was, and she laughed.

Then I told her what the pay was, and she stopped laughing.

So now she's employed again after 8 weeks of being out of work, making $10K more than she used to make, and I have a reliable employee who isn't afraid of anything at all.

which can be important when you're doing this kind of work in the dead of night.

I feel embarrassed that I lack the imagination to even speculate what this line of work is.

Trivial

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 04, 2017, 02:27:33 AM

I called the lady that my boss unjustly fired prior to the layoffs and asked her if she was still looking for work. I told her what the work was, and she laughed.

So now she's employed again after 8 weeks of being out of work, making $10K more than she used to make, and I have a reliable employee who isn't afraid of anything at all.

which can be important when you're doing this kind of work in the dead of night.

I feel embarrassed that I lack the imagination to even speculate what this line of work is.

Grave Robbing.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on February 04, 2017, 02:47:09 AM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 04, 2017, 02:27:33 AM

Grave Robbing.

Pffft.  Grave robbers would throw us out of the house party for making them feel sick.

Also, this is legal and very, very necessary.  It's just horrible.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 03, 2017, 01:47:51 PM
"This, students, is where we typically mark the point at which The Holy And Terrible Army of Roger began."

In the dark.  with nobody watching.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

So I've decided to stop fucking around online and actually write a PhD thesis proposal.  So far, so good.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 04, 2017, 07:06:36 PM
So I've decided to stop fucking around online and actually write a PhD thesis proposal.  So far, so good.

Bad ass!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

From what I can see, 2000 words is the standard.  Given I came up with my latest, most coherent idea, at about 1700, and it's now 1930, and I have 500 words down, I feel like I'm onto something.  If I can finish this tonight, I can spend my next 3 work nights sending off applications.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I should be working on my prospectus as well, but instead I get to go talk to my father, who has Alzheimers and is now denying having had a stroke. He wants to move into our basement, which is a bad idea for a plethora of reasons including that we are still grieving the loss of my son, the basement is not currently habitable, we have only one bathroom, we have no storage space, and I don't have time to deal with any of this given that I am also trying to raise the girls and get through grad school.

Cain

Urgh, Alzheimers is tough, no matter what.  On top of everything else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It gets better. So much better.

My dad never sold or otherwise disposed of his massive firearm collection after his conviction for voter fraud. His property in Washington was broken into, and in the process of taking care of the situation my brother and the sheriff's department found that he had moved everything up there.

So now, there may be charges brought against him for illegal possession of 500+ guns.

FML.

Q. G. Pennyworth

If I stab my husband's girlfriend in the face, I want you all to know it was because of Fox News and not jealousy.

Freeky

Both believable and reasonable, QG.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 05, 2017, 12:53:41 AM
If I stab my husband's girlfriend in the face, I want you all to know it was because of Fox News and not jealousy.

Oh I definitely could understand that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

EFO opened commissions after taking a month off and got 5 in the first day. I think this officially makes her a working artist. I'm so proud!