News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

To be honest, I'd go back and finish him off myself in exchange for the rest of the day never happening so it's hard to be stoked about it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, I'm sorry. That does sound like a truly terrible day.

Will things ultimately be OK?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Dpends on your definition of "ultimately", I guess. Some day we'll all be stardust again, so yes.

But in the short term, maybe not so much. I fear I may soon need a custody lawyer, and if you're a father in WA that's not a good spot to be in, legally speaking.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Cain

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Don Coyote

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on February 09, 2017, 08:49:25 AM
Dpends on your definition of "ultimately", I guess. Some day we'll all be stardust again, so yes.

But in the short term, maybe not so much. I fear I may soon need a custody lawyer, and if you're a father in WA that's not a good spot to be in, legally speaking.

Oh, no. :( I thought WA was a coparenting state like Oregon is. I'm sorry to hear about that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Shit, ECH. Fingers crossed things don't go as ugly as they can.

Ziegejunge

I too offer disgusted expletives and sincere sympathies. I hope things improve for you soon.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 09, 2017, 04:39:19 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on February 09, 2017, 08:49:25 AM

Oh, no. :( I thought WA was a coparenting state like Oregon is. I'm sorry to hear about that.

There's no actual joint custody in WA, they have you do a "parenting plan" that the court signs off on and even though you are both legally custodial parents the state designates one parent as the primary and one as the secondary. She'll be the primary by default and the primary can legally move out of state with the child with virtually no legal recourse for me. I will not have that same right. Oregon is MUCH more equitable in such matters.

East Coast Hustle

Also, if it goes to court the state will sue me for child support by default because baby girl is on state health care. I'm perfectly willing to spend every last penny I have on my child but I don't at all like the idea of being required to just cut a check with no say as to how it's spent. I understand there are plenty of shitheads out there for whom such requirements are necessary for the child's well being. I am not one of them, and though her mom is a great mother, she doesn't always have long-term big picture stuff in focus as well as I do. If the state gets involved they won't, for example, allow some of my child support to be put into an interest-bearing account for the purpose of being maybe able to afford a few years of Montessori school at the start of her educational career.