News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 11, 2017, 02:57:54 PM
No matter what people's principles are when they come to other people, everybody makes exceptions for themselves. Everybody believes that they are, and deserve to be, treated like the exception.

I assume that's directed at me, I think I may not have made myself understood very well. I don't view myself as any sort of exception, I view WA's way of dealing with this stuff in the legal system as antiquated and inflexible. I'd be going for full custody if I were in a state where I had a fighting chance at it, and not out of spite or butthurt but because I really just want what's best for my child and think I am currently in a better situation to provide that for her financially and emotionally.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

In related news, it turns out that somebody here has either been forwarding things I have written here to my child's mother or has been linking her to pages with my content.

:lulz:

Somebody is gonna get to see what "full potato" looks like.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Salty

What in the fuck is WRONG with the whichever one of you pieces of shit did that, keeps doing it? Did your parents not show you enough love? Are you so god damned butthurt that WE didn't show enough love that you resort to cowardly attacks like that?

Listen asshole, your tiny mind will never do you any amount of good and you may as well kill yourself now. Do yourself and everyone you know a favor and jump off a bridge, you fucking loser.

ECH: I am really sorry. I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I definitely know what it's like to have a child taken away by someone who could hardly be responsible, was in fact a raging drunk. If you ever need or want to vent, I am here.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

East Coast Hustle

Nah, at least my kid's mom is a great mom. But I feel like if she's gonna put herself in a position where she has to do school full time and work to pay bills that I'm better equipped to do most of the childcare right now. Also the part where I want things to remain amicable and for us both to be involved in the kid's life daily or almost-daily and I'm TERRIFIED that she's planning to move out of state when the school year is over.

As for the mole, well, if I can't follow the trail of crumbs I'll just nuke my shit from orbit and never log in again. Too little, too late, since it's apparently already cost me my family and my child a stable loving 2 parent home. So I hope you feel really good about yourself, whoever you are.

East Coast Hustle

And yeah, I get that ultimately I am responsible for the consequences of my own actions. Thing is, the "actions" this is presumably a consequence of never actually happened in real life the way they did in the narrated version. That was the one thing I took artistic license with because when I wrote it the real way it seemed like a chunk of moralistic dissonance in an otherwise perfectly noir-ish real-life story.

Joke's on me and I can't stop laughing.

Eater of Clowns

Didn't someone also send some of Roger's stuff to his former boss?

I'd hate to think we should all start scrubbing our posts.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 11, 2017, 07:03:16 PM
Didn't someone also send some of Roger's stuff to his former boss?

I'd hate to think we should all start scrubbing our posts.

I'm assuming it's the same person. There can't be 2 separate people that butthurt and awful.

Freeky

Q. G. Pennyworth

It does occur to me re:leaks, this part of the forum isn't locked off at all from guests, and we've been mentioning LS and his minions a *lot* lately.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on February 11, 2017, 05:59:39 PM
In related news, it turns out that somebody here has either been forwarding things I have written here to my child's mother or has been linking her to pages with my content.

:lulz:

Somebody is gonna get to see what "full potato" looks like.

Well, you know you have my full sympathy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 11, 2017, 05:39:51 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on February 10, 2017, 03:35:35 PM
I had my first set of blood tests that you start getting as you hit your 30s.
Turns out I am prediabetic and have very low HDL. Mean while, my wife, both whom parents are diabetic, and who drinks way more refined sugar than me, is fucking fine.

On the plus side, I've lost 16 pounds since January 14th, just by following the rules.

The rules being "stuff that you do to keep from having to go full potato and inject insulin."

Yeah, I guess eating so I don't full potato myself will help me stop being the fat piece of shit I became post-Army and post-surgery.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on February 12, 2017, 02:32:16 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 11, 2017, 05:39:51 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on February 10, 2017, 03:35:35 PM
I had my first set of blood tests that you start getting as you hit your 30s.
Turns out I am prediabetic and have very low HDL. Mean while, my wife, both whom parents are diabetic, and who drinks way more refined sugar than me, is fucking fine.

On the plus side, I've lost 16 pounds since January 14th, just by following the rules.

The rules being "stuff that you do to keep from having to go full potato and inject insulin."

Yeah, I guess eating so I don't full potato myself will help me stop being the fat piece of shit I became post-Army and post-surgery.

Wouldn't hurt to pick up a test kit & strips, and use twice-daily measurements to adjust your diet to that of a type II diabetic.  It certainly can't hurt you.  Track it on Excel until you maintain blood sugar levels of 100-120 on the regular.

This means, of course, that beer & junk food are no longer an option.

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/checking-your-blood-glucose.html
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I recommend scotch and loathing.  Light on the scotch, heavy on the loathing.

In other news, currently talking with a law firm about a possible consultancy position.  Nothing is guaranteed yet, but they followed me on Twitter out of the blue, and responded quickly to my speculative inquiry.  It probably wouldn't be enough to get out of here, but it would bolster the CV and profile, which never hurts.  And money, of course.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 12, 2017, 06:57:31 PM
I recommend scotch and loathing.  Light on the scotch, heavy on the loathing.

In other news, currently talking with a law firm about a possible consultancy position.  Nothing is guaranteed yet, but they followed me on Twitter out of the blue, and responded quickly to my speculative inquiry.  It probably wouldn't be enough to get out of here, but it would bolster the CV and profile, which never hurts.  And money, of course.

That would be fucking RAD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."