News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on February 11, 2017, 05:47:59 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 11, 2017, 02:57:54 PM
No matter what people's principles are when they come to other people, everybody makes exceptions for themselves. Everybody believes that they are, and deserve to be, treated like the exception.

I assume that's directed at me, I think I may not have made myself understood very well. I don't view myself as any sort of exception, I view WA's way of dealing with this stuff in the legal system as antiquated and inflexible. I'd be going for full custody if I were in a state where I had a fighting chance at it, and not out of spite or butthurt but because I really just want what's best for my child and think I am currently in a better situation to provide that for her financially and emotionally.

Unless her mother is actually abusive or dangerously incompetent, pretty much what all research has found is that what is best for your kid is some variety of shared custody with both parents making decisions cooperatively. Your best bet is doing everything in your power to make that happen. Your emotions are strong right now because of the circumstances, but hopefully once the pain of breaking up has cooled a bit, you will both be able to act rationally and cooperatively to develop a parenting plan that gives both of you both ample responsibility, and ample respite.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

When li'l Salty's mom and I split up it really became easier in a lot of ways, the respire part most especially. I slept a lot more, that's for sure.

It's kind of funny because two people together are supposed to make things easier, many hands, light loads. But for some reason the opposite happens and neither party gets any rest.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on February 11, 2017, 05:59:39 PM
In related news, it turns out that somebody here has either been forwarding things I have written here to my child's mother or has been linking her to pages with my content.

:lulz:

Somebody is gonna get to see what "full potato" looks like.

That is super fucked up. Someone did that to me after my ex and I split, and it made things monumentally worse because he assumed that my venting meant that I was going to be combative, so he became combative. It was a shitfest all the way around, and I lost a friend on top of it because of her fucked-up, bullshit belief that my ex "deserved" to know what I was saying.

It's not fucking OK. Ever. It's like those fucking asswipes in the Discordian Facebook group; nasty powerless little shitstains who long to be relevant so hard that they actually try to get people fired over Facebook arguments.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Salty on February 11, 2017, 06:04:52 PM
What in the fuck is WRONG with the whichever one of you pieces of shit did that, keeps doing it? Did your parents not show you enough love? Are you so god damned butthurt that WE didn't show enough love that you resort to cowardly attacks like that?

Listen asshole, your tiny mind will never do you any amount of good and you may as well kill yourself now. Do yourself and everyone you know a favor and jump off a bridge, you fucking loser.

ECH: I am really sorry. I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I definitely know what it's like to have a child taken away by someone who could hardly be responsible, was in fact a raging drunk. If you ever need or want to vent, I am here.

If you recall, someone here was carrying tales when you first moved here, with that whole bullshit lying lie about a long-distance affair. So, yeah, basically, what you just said.

Salty

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 12, 2017, 11:34:50 PM
Quote from: Salty on February 11, 2017, 06:04:52 PM
What in the fuck is WRONG with the whichever one of you pieces of shit did that, keeps doing it? Did your parents not show you enough love? Are you so god damned butthurt that WE didn't show enough love that you resort to cowardly attacks like that?

Listen asshole, your tiny mind will never do you any amount of good and you may as well kill yourself now. Do yourself and everyone you know a favor and jump off a bridge, you fucking loser.

ECH: I am really sorry. I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I definitely know what it's like to have a child taken away by someone who could hardly be responsible, was in fact a raging drunk. If you ever need or want to vent, I am here.

If you recall, someone here was carrying tales when you first moved here, with that whole bullshit lying lie about a long-distance affair. So, yeah, basically, what you just said.

Well, I never did mind the little things.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Wizard Joseph

Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

I just watched that Back in Black special that is about Terry Pratchett. I cried.

Freeky

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Freeky on February 13, 2017, 01:56:05 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 01:38:32 AM
Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.

Hey, man.  How's things?

Going ok. I'm steadily getting over my panicky freak out from a while back. My personal life has been hard, but nothing by comparison to the shit folks have been getting here. For obvious reasons I'm keeping my personal deets to myself for the forseeable future, which ain't much!

My sympathies to ECH and TGRR particularly.  :evilmad: Fuck snitches!

I've been waiting to see the Pratchett special. Now that I know it's out I'll go looking. When I first heard he'd died I didn't know about the Parkinson's and his decision to... exit with dignity.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2017, 02:28:29 AM
Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.

Welcome back!

Good to be back! I'm here for the lulz and a shot at world domin... I mean peace.

Yeah.

How fare ye Nigel? :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 02:07:50 AM
Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.

Hey, man.  How's things?

Going ok. I'm steadily getting over my panicky freak out from a while back. My personal life has been hard, but nothing by comparison to the shit folks have been getting here. For obvious reasons I'm keeping my personal deets to myself for the forseeable future, which ain't much!

I've been waiting to see the Pratchett special. Now that I know it's out I'll go looking. When I first heard he'd died I didn't know about the Parkinson's and his decision to... exit with dignity.

You mean Alzheimer's?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ECH, I wanted to add that if I ever come across like a jerk because I disagree or contradict you about something, in the matter of child custody and coparenting in particular, I just want you to know that I am 100% in your corner and anything I say regarding this is because I want you and your kid to have the best possible outcome.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 02:43:50 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2017, 02:28:29 AM
Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.

Welcome back!

Good to be back! I'm here for the lulz and a shot at world domin... I mean peace.

Yeah.

How fare ye Nigel? :)

I am hanging in there. My mind is clearer than it's been in a year, and I can tell that a lot of circuits that were sort of hijacked for the grieving process are coming back to normal function. I can made deductive leaps almost like normal, but creativity is still inaccessible for now. We just started the last leg of my graduate experiment, so in roughly 21 days I need to have all my protocols established and be ready to move forward on tissue prep.

I kind of hate graduate school. It's designed for people without families, and, well...

Also contemplating next steps. I had more or less decided not to pursue the MD/PhD, but now I'm back around to it... or maybe just med school, since if I have an MD and an MS I don't necessarily need a PhD, unless I really want to run a lab, which I don't think I do. I just have to figure out when I'll have time to take calculus and the rest of physics.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Freeky on February 13, 2017, 03:01:19 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 02:07:50 AM
Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.

Hey, man.  How's things?

You mean Alzheimer's?

Yeah... my mistake. I said the wrong thing.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl