News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2017, 03:16:36 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 02:43:50 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2017, 02:28:29 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 01:38:32 AM
Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.

Welcome back!

Good to be back! I'm here for the lulz and a shot at world domin... I mean peace.

Yeah.

How fare ye Nigel? :)

I am hanging in there. My mind is clearer than it's been in a year, and I can tell that a lot of circuits that were sort of hijacked for the grieving process are coming back to normal function. I can made deductive leaps almost like normal, but creativity is still inaccessible for now. We just started the last leg of my graduate experiment, so in roughly 21 days I need to have all my protocols established and be ready to move forward on tissue prep.

I kind of hate graduate school. It's designed for people without families, and, well...

Also contemplating next steps. I had more or less decided not to pursue the MD/PhD, but now I'm back around to it... or maybe just med school, since if I have an MD and an MS I don't necessarily need a PhD, unless I really want to run a lab, which I don't think I do. I just have to figure out when I'll have time to take calculus and the rest of physics.

I'm glad you're feeling at least some recovery! For my part I'm looking for my next real job and getting over a pretty bad depression. I've been walking more and trying to get myself into a healthy lifestyle.

I've been quit of herb for about 2.5 months now and slowly accepting that I was using it as a crutch to deal with emotional problems I'm beginning to work my way through.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 03:18:36 AM
Yeah... my mistake. I said the wrong thing.

Ah. Is cool.  Anyway, the special was pretty good. I really enjoyed it, and recommend it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Freeky on February 13, 2017, 03:25:18 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 03:18:36 AM
Yeah... my mistake. I said the wrong thing.

Ah. Is cool.  Anyway, the special was pretty good. I really enjoyed it, and recommend it.

I look forward to it! He and Gaiman both had their works find their way into my life at times that I really needed them. Pratchett got there first when I was a kid, Gaiman much later when I was going through a truly bleak part of my adult life.

When I heard Pratchett had passed I built a little shrine out of photocomments quoting him on a Discordian FB group. I still have the images. His shit was pretty amazing. I recently acquired his unabridged audio books to listen to on walks. His puns are worse than I remember. It's great!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2017, 03:07:45 AM
ECH, I wanted to add that if I ever come across like a jerk because I disagree or contradict you about something, in the matter of child custody and coparenting in particular, I just want you to know that I am 100% in your corner and anything I say regarding this is because I want you and your kid to have the best possible outcome.

No worries, I understand that I am not in an objective head space about this shit right now and I actually really appreciate you being a voice of reason especially since you have experience with this shit. So thank you!

I just worry that it's easy to cross the line from venting about a shitty situation to sounding like some goddamn MRA asshole and I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't even remotely veering into that territory. I'll support that child above and beyond what's just necessary whether a court tells me to or not, but I'm a primate and I prefer the illusion of control y'know?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ben Shapiro

So Jewcat's
DNA Results came back in.
She's pure white. So anyone from her parent's side has no trace of Native American,Black, or Jew in them. Jewcat is the first to be tainted by such inferior DNA.(if you know what I mean, and I think you do) These tests go back 30 generations which is about 540 yrs to 600 yrs.

Results are
71% Belgium/German
16% Irish
5% British
4% Nordic: Finnish/Norway/Danish
3% Russian
1% French

Because the evil jews controlling the media lied to us. We now need a new nick name for Jewcat.

So far I've got the cat formerly known as Jew.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on February 13, 2017, 06:08:51 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2017, 03:07:45 AM
ECH, I wanted to add that if I ever come across like a jerk because I disagree or contradict you about something, in the matter of child custody and coparenting in particular, I just want you to know that I am 100% in your corner and anything I say regarding this is because I want you and your kid to have the best possible outcome.

No worries, I understand that I am not in an objective head space about this shit right now and I actually really appreciate you being a voice of reason especially since you have experience with this shit. So thank you!

I just worry that it's easy to cross the line from venting about a shitty situation to sounding like some goddamn MRA asshole and I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't even remotely veering into that territory. I'll support that child above and beyond what's just necessary whether a court tells me to or not, but I'm a primate and I prefer the illusion of control y'know?

Honestly, I think that the loss of control is one of the biggest shocks of splitting up when there are kids involved. You lose the future you had planned, and along with that the sense of being able to control what kind of life and experiences your kid is going to have.

This might not be any kind of an option for you, but if there is a way you could convince the baby momma to hang in there, bear with you, and go to counseling together, I recommend it. Maybe you fucked up. Maybe she fucked up. The first year three years of parenthood are brutally stressful, and if you can get through them together, then you will know whether you want to stick it out longer, but at least by then there's preschool.

If not, just focus on whatever stability and control you can provide over your own situation. For me, that was all about living in the same neighborhood near the same school for their entire childhood. For you, that might look really different. Either way, if you can establish a regular parenting schedule and stick to a routine, it will make the transition easier and less uncontrolled-feeling.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And if you start sounding like an MRA asshole, I WILL give you a heads-up on that.  :p
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 03:23:28 AM
Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.

Welcome back!

Good to be back! I'm here for the lulz and a shot at world domin... I mean peace.

Yeah.

I am hanging in there. My mind is clearer than it's been in a year, and I can tell that a lot of circuits that were sort of hijacked for the grieving process are coming back to normal function. I can made deductive leaps almost like normal, but creativity is still inaccessible for now. We just started the last leg of my graduate experiment, so in roughly 21 days I need to have all my protocols established and be ready to move forward on tissue prep.

I kind of hate graduate school. It's designed for people without families, and, well...

Also contemplating next steps. I had more or less decided not to pursue the MD/PhD, but now I'm back around to it... or maybe just med school, since if I have an MD and an MS I don't necessarily need a PhD, unless I really want to run a lab, which I don't think I do. I just have to figure out when I'll have time to take calculus and the rest of physics.

I'm glad you're feeling at least some recovery! For my part I'm looking for my next real job and getting over a pretty bad depression. I've been walking more and trying to get myself into a healthy lifestyle.

I've been quit of herb for about 2.5 months now and slowly accepting that I was using it as a crutch to deal with emotional problems I'm beginning to work my way through.

Quitting weed sounds like a really good idea for you. For some people, in some situations, it's very helpful, but for others it can just turn into its own mindfuck.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Scott The Cuck on February 13, 2017, 04:49:52 PM
So Jewcat's
She's pure white. So anyone from her parent's side has no trace of Native American,Black, or Jew in them. Jewcat is the first to be tainted by such inferior DNA.(if you know what I mean, and I think you do) These tests go back 30 generations which is about 540 yrs to 600 yrs.

Results are
71% Belgium/German
16% Irish
5% British
3% Russian
1% French

Because the evil jews controlling the media lied to us. We now need a new nick name for Jewcat.

:lulz: I totally want to do 23 and me. After my mom and sister did it, and found out that not only is everything we've been told about my mom's family a lie, but also that they are spectacularly inbred Orkadians, I'd be very curious to know how much of my heritage on my dad's side is also a lie. And, what unknown weirdness might it be hiding?

LMNO

I'm afraid if I do a 23andMe test, the results will come with a shiny gold plaque that reads "Official White Privilege Verification".

Ben Shapiro

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2017, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 13, 2017, 03:23:28 AM
Hey guys! I'm back in.

Seems like I never left.

Welcome back!

Yeah.

Quitting weed sounds like a really good idea for you. For some people, in some situations, it's very helpful, but for others it can just turn into its own mindfuck.

Yeah. I love the stuff and tend to favor it as an intoxicant anyway because I don't drink much due to a history of alcoholism on my mom's side and not particularly liking the effects in excess. Right now it's not the right thing to be doing. It's a TERRIBLE thing to make a priority in my life, and it had become exactly that.

Considering how things currently are in the world I have no business being stoned all the time anyway. There's shit to do and weed is a liability.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Salty

Quote from: Scott The Cuck on February 13, 2017, 04:49:52 PM
So Jewcat's

Results are
71% Belgium/German
16% Irish
5% British
3% Russian
1% French

CaucCat
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Faust

White Devil, White Devil.

Its not ok to only pronounce it only once.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Salty

What about Dikecat?

Belgium is full of dikes, ergo....

Also, confusing!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.