News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on February 14, 2017, 08:30:35 AM
You'd think this shit would stop surprising me eventually, but once again something I loved so dearly has become something that just reminds me of my biggest failure.

So. Peace out, PD. It's been a wild ride these last 13 years. We had some times, huh?

Good luck with the coming hassle, and don't be a stranger unless you want.

The Wizard Joseph

You'd think this shit would stop surprising me eventually, but once again something I loved so dearly has become something that just reminds me of my biggest failure.

So. Peace out, PD. It's been a wild ride these last 13 years. We had some times, huh?

:sad: I hope that your fortune turns again.

Quote from: Cain on February 14, 2017, 05:31:28 AM
Punching through wooden planks is the true aim of any martial arts.  Better habits is just a positive side effect.

Suddenly rather motivated to get on that, but I'm looking at learning something more like systema, wherein you learn to splatter a liver all over the inside of a torso.

After I get my body into much better condition I want to enter fight competitions.
I'm nearly 35. If I dedicate now by the time I'm 38 I could start a fighting career. I'm in need of a controlled outlet and a measurable goal in life. Academia isn't my thing, so I'm going for a business education, athletics, and artistic performance. It's something to Do anyway.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I forgot to mention I think the beard looks awesome Roger!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Good luck that man. I hope everything works out better than you want it to and faster than it should.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sucks, and I'm sad to see you leave here. Hang in there, man.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

ECH, all of the above.  If you need anything, you've got other ways to get ahold of me.

trix

Damn, man.  You're one of my favorite posters on this forum :(

I hope whoever did that shit gets a 2-liter inserted anally.

Maybe the Open Bar thread should be moved to a users-only area?  Not sure if that would prevent anything though as it could just as easily be a butthurt member or a poptard.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on February 14, 2017, 06:53:06 PM

Damn, man.  You're one of my favorite posters on this forum :(

I hope whoever did that shit gets a 2-liter inserted anally.

Maybe the Open Bar thread should be moved to a users-only area?  Not sure if that would prevent anything though as it could just as easily be a butthurt member or a poptard.

It's probably wise to recall that Open Bar is essentially open to the public, and not post anything here that is truly sensitive in the "if the wrong person saw this it could damage my life" way. 

At the same time, whoever sent ECH's gf links to here is a special kind of shitweasel, because it has to be someone who knows who he is here as well as knowing his real name, probably through Facebook, and has been masquerading as his friend. That is a particularly vile form of maggot, and while I know vile people lurk here, I sincerely hope that this particular piece of bum puke dies a slow, lonely and painful death. Backstabbers are below leeches in the tree of life, and anyone who would deliberately instigate drama and disruption IN A BABY'S HOME just out of petty malice is less than the shit I scrape from my boot after a walk in the park.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Some of you may remember my German cousin O. How he stole jewelry from his mother to waste on bullshit and then ask for more money.

Things really haven't changed except my younger cousin, S, is exactly the same kind of garbage.

The two brothers live together. S. still has no job and is done with school. His record is fucked because O. ratted him out to the police re:weed. Germans don't take too kindly to weed. Now S's career option (pilot, police officer, something like that) is POOF GONE.

So, S is still getting Gov Kindergeld. His mother is using it on payments for S's brand new car! S can't pay his bills, asked for money, she said no, he threatens to sue her.

HA ha ha. Now, to be fair, she is enabling him. to be more fair, S and O are piles of human garbage. And if you're lurking and sharing info, FEEL FREE TO TELL THEM THAT IF YOU CAN.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Ziegejunge

Aloha, ECH. I'm sorry to see you go, and especially under the circumstances in question.

I sincerely hope we'll see you again someday.

Cain

Goddamn, sorry to see you go, ECH.  You know how to keep in touch with me.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on February 12, 2017, 06:57:31 PM
I recommend scotch and loathing.  Light on the scotch, heavy on the loathing.

In other news, currently talking with a law firm about a possible consultancy position.  Nothing is guaranteed yet, but they followed me on Twitter out of the blue, and responded quickly to my speculative inquiry.  It probably wouldn't be enough to get out of here, but it would bolster the CV and profile, which never hurts.  And money, of course.

Looks like I'm consulting.  Just got to negotiate renumeration, but so far the terms look good.

LMNO

Awesome!  So, do you get to tell everyone at your current job to fuck off?

Cain

Probably not, unfortunately.  I mean, I'll wait until we discuss renumeration but this is a part-time gig.

The Wizard Joseph

It's a step! Glad to hear it Cain. Perhaps you could engage your co-workers in telling each other to fuck off. It's just as good and you can keep the job.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl