News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on February 16, 2017, 08:44:14 PM
History is written just invented by the victors people with the most subscribers who are batshit insane.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we're going to see so much more of this shit over the next few years Icke and infowars are going to start looking rational in comparison.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 16, 2017, 08:58:21 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on February 16, 2017, 08:44:14 PM
History is written just invented by the victors people with the most subscribers who are batshit insane.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we're going to see so much more of this shit over the next few years Icke and infowars are going to start looking rational in comparison.

FORGET ABOUT THE FLOURIDE IN THE BABY BLANKETS! IT'S THE DMT LACED VACCINES MADE TO SELL YOU OLD COPIES OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IN YOUR INTRACRANIAL DATAFEED THAT YOU REALLY NEED TO WRITE YOUR CORPORATE SURVIVAL BOARD ABOUT!!!!!

And now a thinkpiece retrocog about the original gay frogs and how we stopped them from out breeding humanity during the Pre-Imperium era.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on February 16, 2017, 04:56:03 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 16, 2017, 04:34:24 PM
Another faculty hopeful is doing the presentation-lunch-tour thing today. This one's an expert on sepsis, which is frankly way less sexy than an expert on telomerase, but it should be interesting.

Um, talking about sepsis during lunch?

Right before lunch, actually. A whole slideshow and everything!

You would be surprised what biologists can retain their appetites through.  :lol:

Fascinating sepsis research fact: A high-sugar diet prevents sepsis mortality in mice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 17, 2017, 02:17:26 AM
Another faculty hopeful is doing the presentation-lunch-tour thing today. This one's an expert on sepsis, which is frankly way less sexy than an expert on telomerase, but it should be interesting.

You would be surprised what biologists can retain their appetites through.  :lol:

Fascinating sepsis research fact: A high-sugar diet prevents sepsis mortality in mice.

Please tell me it's because it's somehow acting like a preservative.

Mmmm sugared mice

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on February 17, 2017, 02:27:38 AM

Mmmm sugared mice

It's metabolic, but they haven't put their finger on what, exactly, is happening. It's pretty dramatic, though... as in THE WHOLE TREATMENT GROUP made full recoveries from a disease that killed 55% of the control mice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 17, 2017, 02:42:38 AM

Mmmm sugared mice

It's metabolic, but they haven't put their finger on what, exactly, is happening. It's pretty dramatic, though... as in THE WHOLE TREATMENT GROUP made full recoveries from a disease that killed 55% of the control mice.

Whoa

Trivial

Mmmm sugared mice

Woah, can they test on diabetic mice?  Curious if it's the high sugar in the blood stream or something produced.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on February 17, 2017, 03:55:06 AM

Mmmm sugared mice

Woah, can they test on diabetic mice?  Curious if it's the high sugar in the blood stream or something produced.

They can and probably will. These are results that the visiting scientist literally just analyzed from her side-project... she essentially just said "Hmmmm I wonder" and ran this small side-study with about 20 mice per group. Since the results were so dramatic, she now has a whole new avenue of study to pursue. At least one PhD will be made on this, I am betting.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

See, now I want them to hire her instead of telomerase guy. I'd work in her lab in a heartbeat! Plus she has a neuro background.

Trivial

I'd go into a life science field, but then I'd have to actually remember to write things down and prove stuff.

I just want to test things on other things.

I guess I really want to be a mad scientist.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Freeky

Mmmm sugared mice

Whoa, cool!

Freeky

I'm going to try to get into volunteering at animal shelters, but most of them want early morning so I need to get my bike fixed. 

Junkenstein

Just had a tender rejected from obvious corruption and collusion. Very pissed off.

If I knew the client was that bent I'd have done better than a paltry 2 grand bribe. For anyone thinking that the UK isn't corrupt as fuck this is just another one to add to the pile I've seen over the years.