News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: Xaz on February 21, 2017, 03:23:58 PM
A testimonial from the depths of /r/discordian:

Quote from: Chinagreenboring
PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Totally not butthurt tho  :lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Smells like victory.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Aucoq

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 21, 2017, 02:26:26 PM
Yesterday I went to the local Tech School and got myself signed up to meet with an admissions councilor later today. Then I went on down to the Department of Workforce Development and got registered. It so happened that a class was scheduled in use of a program that that tests personality type, aptitude, and functions as an occupational interest assessment. The aptitude tests were particularly grueling timed tests and I was a bit humbled by my math results. Also I felt disoriented for hours after until I got a bit of a nap in late that afternoon. Muhbrains are out of shape in addition to the rest of my body, but I look forward to the challenge of getting better on that.

I made what I think will be a very important connect with the test administrator and class teacher. It was just he and I at first and I got to talk with him about my past and reasons for being there seeking help some. He is a licensed councilor in addition to the other things he does for the department and I think my earnest expression of my difficulties and situation struck a chord with him. I expect to be seeing him again as he offered to help me navigate my way through things and gave me his card.

I probably won't open a thread just for this. I'm at a point where discussing my personal life on this board seems a bit unwise. I will definitely post my major moments of progress here in the open bar from time to time. Right now I need to be making some calls to try and track down a copy of my HS diploma.

Don't forget the magic of the Academia Ghetto Thread!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, Unfunny Eric finally wrote something good!  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like how we're disorganized but also Grayfaced, and concordian but also radical.

What do words mean, anyway?

Oh wait... I think what he's trying to say is that even though we rarely agree on anything, we did agree that he's just not fucking funny.

MMIX

Yanno, if those durn Nazis were actually imaginary I would be a really happy bunny  :fnord:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 21, 2017, 09:15:20 PM
Yesterday I went to the local Tech School and got myself signed up to meet with an admissions councilor later today. Then I went on down to the Department of Workforce Development and got registered. It so happened that a class was scheduled in use of a program that that tests personality type, aptitude, and functions as an occupational interest assessment. The aptitude tests were particularly grueling timed tests and I was a bit humbled by my math results. Also I felt disoriented for hours after until I got a bit of a nap in late that afternoon. Muhbrains are out of shape in addition to the rest of my body, but I look forward to the challenge of getting better on that.

I made what I think will be a very important connect with the test administrator and class teacher. It was just he and I at first and I got to talk with him about my past and reasons for being there seeking help some. He is a licensed councilor in addition to the other things he does for the department and I think my earnest expression of my difficulties and situation struck a chord with him. I expect to be seeing him again as he offered to help me navigate my way through things and gave me his card.

I probably won't open a thread just for this. I'm at a point where discussing my personal life on this board seems a bit unwise. I will definitely post my major moments of progress here in the open bar from time to time. Right now I need to be making some calls to try and track down a copy of my HS diploma.

To my shame I must admit that I had avoided it for no rational reason other than the word "academic" as not relevant to my interests.

This has changed. I had an admission councilor meeting today and I'm inclined to one of a few different things as we when through their course lists. I'm thinking an apprenticeship program, 2 year pre-university courses, or maybe learning accounting as a start to understanding business. I have a bunch of thinking to be doing and will not be letting myself keep my old aversions. I shall read that thread from the start a piece at a time.

It's hard to tell by seeing my words here, but I'm excited.

Like this

:cramstipated:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 21, 2017, 10:51:33 PM

To my shame I must admit that I had avoided it for no rational reason other than the word "academic" as not relevant to my interests.

This has changed. I had an admission councilor meeting today and I'm inclined to one of a few different things as we when through their course lists. I'm thinking an apprenticeship program, 2 year pre-university courses, or maybe learning accounting as a start to understanding business. I have a bunch of thinking to be doing and will not be letting myself keep my old aversions. I shall read that thread from the start a piece at a time.

Like this

It is exciting!

Welcome to the nerdery. :)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 21, 2017, 10:55:26 PM

Like this

It is exciting!

No longer will I be merely a thuggish slacker on the outside looking in wistfully at the nerds in their happy pursuit of knowledge. I finally realized that the door was always unlocked... better late than never!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 21, 2017, 11:15:27 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 21, 2017, 10:55:26 PM

Like this

It is exciting!

No longer will I be merely a thuggish slacker on the outside looking in wistfully at the nerds in their happy pursuit of knowledge. I finally realized that the door was always unlocked... better late than never!

I didn't get my GED until I was 40, so I wholeheartedly support this line of reasoning.

The Good Reverend Roger

Going into newsfeed.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

In the last 2 1/2 hours, I had a nice walk, Made fettucine alfredo, and took a shower. I feel like I was sufficiently adult and good about it. Yay.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Freeky on February 22, 2017, 09:41:37 AM
In the last 2 1/2 hours, I had a nice walk, Made fettucine alfredo, and took a shower. I feel like I was sufficiently adult and good about it. Yay.

:banana:

Acting adult is hard.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

After the inglorious, catastrophic failure of my hard drive, my new desktop has finally arrived.  So far, so good.  Not looking forward to restoring all my setting and programs...but it's gotta be done, I suppose.

Cain

Oh, also going for coffee with my newer employees next week.  Lets see if they have a better quality of coffee than this place.  Wouldn't be hard...

I'm going to do some stress testing on the new PC this afternoon/evening.  If it goes well, I might even do some streaming, just to push the limits.