News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Cain on February 22, 2017, 02:20:34 PM
Oh, also going for coffee with my newer employees next week.  Lets see if they have a better quality of coffee than this place.  Wouldn't be hard...

I'm going to do some stress testing on the new PC this afternoon/evening.  If it goes well, I might even do some streaming, just to push the limits.

Drop us a link somewhere when/if you start streaming.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Will do.  Just waiting for everything to download atm.  5 mb/s is pretty good, but when you're downloading tens of gigs of programs and files...

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xaz on February 22, 2017, 01:30:07 PM
Quote from: Freeky on February 22, 2017, 09:41:37 AM
In the last 2 1/2 hours, I had a nice walk, Made fettucine alfredo, and took a shower. I feel like I was sufficiently adult and good about it. Yay.

:banana:

Acting adult is hard.

There comes a point at which you get so deep into it that you have the realization that there is no way out, and no one to adult for you if you should find yourself unable to adult. There is no back-up plan. Just you, being the adult.

It's terrifying.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 22, 2017, 02:20:34 PM
Oh, also going for coffee with my newer employees next week.  Lets see if they have a better quality of coffee than this place.  Wouldn't be hard...

I'm going to do some stress testing on the new PC this afternoon/evening.  If it goes well, I might even do some streaming, just to push the limits.

Excellent! On both counts!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 22, 2017, 03:31:32 PM
In the last 2 1/2 hours, I had a nice walk, Made fettucine alfredo, and took a shower. I feel like I was sufficiently adult and good about it. Yay.

Acting adult is hard.

There comes a point at which you get so deep into it that you have the realization that there is no way out, and no one to adult for you if you should find yourself unable to adult. There is no back-up plan. Just you, being the adult.

It's terrifying.

RELEVANT: http://www.npr.org/2017/02/21/510554718/adulting-school-teaches-young-adults-grown-up-skills?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170221

Freeky

Acting adult is hard.

It's terrifying.

It is, and the perceived failure to adult by other people's standards, despite perhaps one's own limitations, feels so grueling and shitty and shameful.

Good for those people at the Adulting School, that's awesome.

Cain

Alright, about to try some streaming.  Can't guarantee the settings are any good, or that I will be, given how tired I am. 

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on February 22, 2017, 05:39:35 PM
Alright, about to try some streaming.  Can't guarantee the settings are any good, or that I will be, given how tired I am.

Delete the /dashboard or it takes anyone else logged into twitch to their own dashboard.

Cain

My apologies - I did say I was tired  :)

Don Coyote

Stuck your twitch into my autohost queue

Junkenstein

Acting adult is hard.

It's terrifying.

It's even worse when you have to adult for the peop;e that used to adult for you at the same time as adulting for a tiny human.

It's knackering AND terrifying. And you don't even get a fucking "thank you".
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 22, 2017, 08:57:47 PM

Acting adult is hard.

It's terrifying.

It's even worse when you have to adult for the peop;e that used to adult for you at the same time as adulting for a tiny human.

More likely, yelled at. :horrormirth: My dad's Alzheimer's is advancing and we may need to move him in with us. It's fucking horrible. At least my spawn are old enough to help.

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 22, 2017, 09:02:58 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on February 22, 2017, 08:57:47 PM

Acting adult is hard.

It's terrifying.

More likely, yelled at. :horrormirth: My dad's Alzheimer's is advancing and we may need to move him in with us. It's fucking horrible. At least my spawn are old enough to help.

Oh man, my dad and his brothers are trying to figure out how to gently tell his parents that maybe they shouldn't drive.  They're in their 80's.  That and trying to get an alzheimer's stove that auto shuts off when you walk away because well, grandma has attention issues and grandpa is getting into this weird grandma needs to always cook and automatically know when he's hungry thing.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Junkenstein

Through grim experience, I can tell you that "gently" isn't an option at a certain point. With shit like that if you're thinking it, it already needs to stop. It's better to have a huge argument and lay down the law than let them potentially injure/kill themselves or others.

It sucks, but by the time they're able to admit it to themselves, damage has already been done. Just to their vehicle, if you're lucky. If you're not then you've got a whole heap of shit to sort out for someone who can't deal with these kinds of consequences.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.