News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Freeky on February 23, 2017, 08:22:51 PM
I just got on a bike for the first time in almost 20 years.

Some thoughts:
-Riding a bike may be a skill that you never forget, but it's no less nerve-wracking and harrowing.
-Potholes.
-Stopping is hard because my feet don't touch the ground.
-Potholes.
-If I can relax my grip for a few seconds, it's really pleasant.
-FUCKING POTHOLES ARE TERRIFYING.

I didn't fall, but god damn there are a lot of potholes in my neighborhood.

Let me add to your terror. Rail Roads.

Meunster

Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on February 23, 2017, 08:16:52 PM
Quote from: Meunster on February 23, 2017, 08:13:56 PM
Its always akward when you are awaken by a paramedic jabbing his thumbs into your chest.

Roomate thought I killed myself, cops kicked down my door and eveything.

Just a heavy sleeper, orrrr.....?

Heavy sleeper. Also have phases of hypersomnia and insomnia.
Poe's law ;)

Freeky

Quote from: Don Coyote on February 23, 2017, 08:26:11 PM

Some thoughts:
-Riding a bike may be a skill that you never forget, but it's no less nerve-wracking and harrowing.
-Potholes.
-Potholes.

Let me add to your terror. Rail Roads.

Luckily, I don't think I have to ride over those. But yeah FUCK NO.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Meunster on February 23, 2017, 08:31:21 PM
Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on February 23, 2017, 08:16:52 PM
Quote from: Meunster on February 23, 2017, 08:13:56 PM
Its always akward when you are awaken by a paramedic jabbing his thumbs into your chest.

Roomate thought I killed myself, cops kicked down my door and eveything.

Just a heavy sleeper, orrrr.....?

Heavy sleeper. Also have phases of hypersomnia and insomnia.

Sounds like your roommate is as smart as you are.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Some thoughts:
-Potholes.
-Potholes.

I've been commuting by bicycle for much more of my adult life than I have driven. All those things have lost their terror. But cars still try to run me over on the reg. That never stops.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Cain

My voice is killing me after all that streaming yesterday.  I don't know how these "pro-streamers" do 10 hour stints or whatever.

In other knees, I busted up my knee and had a moron wake me up about 5 hours earlier than I intended.  So today is just great.

The Good Reverend Roger

In a fit of stupidity, I did the sled like 10 fucking times at the gym, sent my BP into the stratosphere, and spend an hour lying on the floor.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 23, 2017, 06:33:41 PM
As a kind of dialogue piece it may work both ways, I'd push disdain against your optimism kind of thing.

If I could request a split from a mod that can be bothered I'll see what I can do, if that's OK with you?

That sounds great to me!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on February 23, 2017, 11:39:27 PM
My voice is killing me after all that streaming yesterday.  I don't know how these "pro-streamers" do 10 hour stints or whatever.

In other knees, I busted up my knee and had a moron wake me up about 5 hours earlier than I intended.  So today is just great.

Hydration and warming up, also whole throat is muscle, make it buff, inject steroids, swallow nails.

TheEldritchGod

Quote from: Don Coyote on February 24, 2017, 03:32:02 AM
Hydration and warming up, also whole throat is muscle, make it buff, inject steroids, swallow nails.

Chew broken glass for breakfast just to be mean. And starbursts. I use lots of starburst fruit chews. You know why they are so juicy? The chemicals in the candy are a natural irritant and your mouth makes massive amounts of saliva in an attempt to dilute the irritant. I suggest cutting a fruit chew into fourths and eating only a little when you pause from time to time. Helps to flatten it out ahead of time.
I am fallible and I love to fail for without error there is no clear path to truth.

Junkenstein

Some people take not being able to shut up to a professional level.

In other news, "in other knees" is amusing me far more than it probably should.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 24, 2017, 10:44:27 AM

Some people take not being able to shut up to a professional level.

In other news, "in other knees" is amusing me far more than it probably should.

Just shows how amazingly tired I was.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TheEldritchGod on February 24, 2017, 08:29:14 AM

Chew broken glass for breakfast just to be mean. And starbursts. I use lots of starburst fruit chews. You know why they are so juicy? The chemicals citric acid (you fucking moron) in the candy are a natural irritant and your mouth makes massive amounts of saliva in an attempt to dilute the irritant. I suggest cutting a fruit chew into fourths and eating only a little when you pause from time to time. Helps to flatten it out ahead of time.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 24, 2017, 04:29:54 PM
Quote from: TheEldritchGod on February 24, 2017, 08:29:14 AM

Chew broken glass for breakfast just to be mean. And starbursts. I use lots of starburst fruit chews. You know why they are so juicy? The chemicals citric acid (you fucking moron) in the candy are a natural irritant and your mouth makes massive amounts of saliva in an attempt to dilute the irritant. I suggest cutting a fruit chew into fourths and eating only a little when you pause from time to time. Helps to flatten it out ahead of time.

Citric acid can be a good source of vitamin C, can't it?

*runs off to wikipedia*

Edit: Nope, it's ascorbic acid. Now I know.