News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

I had an internet argument with a person that insisted that the giant panda's digestive system was a marvel of efficiency. 

I didn't get why they were emotionally invested in this until I found out they were vegan.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on March 06, 2017, 11:59:14 PM
I had an internet argument with a person that insisted that the giant panda's digestive system was a marvel of efficiency. 

I didn't get why they were emotionally invested in this until I found out they were vegan.

:lulz:

Trivial

Also, pandas will kill goats if the panda is motivated and the goat is dumb.

Cain

I would imagine a goat would be too stubborn to kill.  By a panda anyway, they're not exactly the poster-children for motivation.

Trivial

There was a recent thing in the news about a panda managing to kill a goat.  Maybe it was a combo of smart panda and dumb goat.

Pandas will eat meat if they find it, it's how they bait traps for tagging wild ones. 

That aside pandas manage to eat bamboo with having a gut set up like a carnivore and only extract energy from bamboo due to bacteria in their gut.  They didn't even get the nice efficient bacteria to do it.  From that they evolved a sloth like metabolism and tiny organs.

Trivial

I need to compile a nature is dumb list. 

Like, bedbugs don't have vaginas and face mites have no anus.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on March 07, 2017, 01:10:34 AM

Allergies.

Also, I want to point out that "survival of the fittest" just means the organism is fit enough to not die for long enough to squirt out one or more offspring. That's it. Nature's bar is REALLY LOW.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on March 05, 2017, 02:52:11 AM
Also, just rewatched the Phantom of the Opera 2004 movie. At the end I sobbed like a baby. An ugly, ugly baby.

This was me at Moana last night.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Gave my goddamn presentation this evening and it went smooth as fuck.

Now I just have to gear up for my thesis presentation.

For unknown reasons, I love teaching but I hate presenting. I think I'm just worried when presenting to a roomful of PhDs that everyone will be like "wutever ur dumb and ur research is dumb and pointless, garter snakes whatever crazy garter snake endocrine lady".

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 07, 2017, 04:09:47 AM
Also, just rewatched the Phantom of the Opera 2004 movie. At the end I sobbed like a baby. An ugly, ugly baby.

Oh, that's a good movie. Also sobbed at that.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 07, 2017, 04:12:28 AM

For unknown reasons, I love teaching but I hate presenting. I think I'm just worried when presenting to a roomful of PhDs that everyone will be like "wutever ur dumb and ur research is dumb and pointless, garter snakes whatever crazy garter snake endocrine lady".

You're going to be great and they'll not think you're a crazy garter snake endocrine lady.

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on March 07, 2017, 05:08:30 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 07, 2017, 04:09:47 AM

Oh, that's a good movie. Also sobbed at that.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 07, 2017, 04:12:28 AM

You're going to be great and they'll not think you're a crazy garter snake endocrine lady.

Aw, thanks. :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 07, 2017, 04:08:44 AM

Allergies.

Also, I want to point out that "survival of the fittest" just means the organism is fit enough to not die for long enough to squirt out one or more offspring. That's it. Nature's bar is REALLY LOW.

Abraham Lincoln has no living descendants.

My grandpa does.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on March 07, 2017, 04:05:57 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 07, 2017, 04:08:44 AM

Allergies.

Abraham Lincoln has no living descendants.

My grandpa does.

Survival of the adequatest.