News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dildo Argentino on March 09, 2017, 02:14:40 PM
Thank you for guiding my fingers through the maze of google to find this treasure trove of fascinating information.

Quote41-year-old Weihua is Guangxi, so far single, undergraduate and graduate students are learning The wildlife protection professional.

Bad translation aside, I love that they felt the need to announce his relationship status.

Cramulus

D&D joke, sorry. From reddit.

If jerking off with a numb hand is called "the stranger",
then jerking off with Mage Hand should be called "the familiar"

Cain

So, due to me mentioning this on my work appraisal, the boss man himself emailed me to assure my that while my assistance on security and health & safety issues was appreciated, it certainly was not needed and to, politely, buzz off.

Unfortunately for him, this week someone installed a padlock on the emergency fire exit to this building, and neglected to tell any of the students the code, or put up any signs to that effect.  Unfortunately for my manager and the operations manager, who is nominally in charge of health and safety, both of them were copied into that email and were present on site since the lock was installed, and have not seemed to have any issue with the possibility of 200 students burning to death for no good reason.

So I just sent a friendly email...

Junkenstein

...to the hse?

Seriously, fuck these people.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Sent to the principal in the first instance, to prove the point that he has morons in charge of things, while spurning my offer of help.

But the HSE is a good next step.  I'm sure they'd also be interested to learn that there has been no fire evacuation drill done in the past 2 years I have worked here.

Junkenstein

Actually, fuck the hse. Just been called about a decision that should have been a serious prohibition notice (failed explosion) and it's been classed as no fault. I know the firm and I'm damn sure there's a lot of fucking faults.

Oh for a UK institution that isn't corrupt and incompetent. I'm stunned. I can't even start to cover how much of a major fuckup this one was.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Same conversation informs me that a previous employer has been shot and killed.

Horrible bastard deserved it but still... it's interesting times round here.

ETA police appeal for info due to an wealth of suspects. This one ain't getting solved.

Cain

Well, failed explosions aren't that important.  ISIS undertake failed explosions all the time and no-one ever drags them in front of the HSE.

Junkenstein

Credit where it's due, Isis bring enough explosives to get the job done. Cutting costs and misused resources for profit isn't their m.o.

Cain

It may be soon if oil prices keep dropping  :lol:

Cain

Heh, Gary Brecher is liking my posts on Facebook.  About terrorism and shit.

Cain,
made it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2017, 10:03:01 AM

Cain,
made it.

You done did.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got asked to speak at a science event

Oh shit
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2017, 10:03:01 AM

Cain,
made it.

That's kinda awesome, Cain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Yeah, it's nice to know at least one other person is thinking along similar lines as me.  I was writing my article for the law firm people this morning, about what happened in Kabul and quite frankly it's shocking.  They hit a military hospital, next to the US embassy, in central Kabul.  And ISIS in Afghanistan is nothing like ISIS in Syria and Iraq.  They barely control territory, everybody hates them...yet they were able to pull this off?