Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on March 12, 2017, 09:27:12 PMThat the leak, which seems to have been prepared for a while, occurs as the US intelligence community is turning up the heat on Trump seems...very beneficial for painting the CIA as nefarious actors.

The more I follow the news, the more insane I feel

All of the people I agreed with at the top of my lungs during the presidential primary - I am now barely speaking to.

This whole season is making madmen out of us.

Cain

Here's some crazy for you - a Russian oligarch who wants to make Putin into a Tsar also bankrolls French, German, Italian and Austrian far-right political groups, and helps fund the war in the Donbass.

He's also very popular with the American religious right.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I got called on stage during a live taping of one of my favorite podcasts on Friday.

I got asked about cockrings and had to be honest...so that's a thing.

I think the show I'm on is going to be behind a paywall, but the free eps are swell and come with a bonus of 100% less my embarrassed stammering:

http://pardcast.com/
Never Not Funny by Jimmy Pardo
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Cain

So, after pointing out that padlocking an emergency exit without a code being provided to residents is kinda sorta against the law, three things have happened:

1) I had a perfunctory reply from the headmaster
2) I had a reply from my department manager chewing me a new one for not reporting the problem to my line manager in the first instance...the same line manager who had been here for 2 days with the issue present, and had not acted on it
3) Someone took down the sign I made next to the gate, giving residents the access code in the case of emergency.

Unfortunately for whatever idiot is involved in point 3, there is a camera looking directly at that spot, recording 24/7. And I have access to the stored video.

Salty

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2017, 08:20:44 PM
So, after pointing out that padlocking an emergency exit without a code being provided to residents is kinda sorta against the law, three things have happened:

1) I had a perfunctory reply from the headmaster
2) I had a reply from my department manager chewing me a new one for not reporting the problem to my line manager in the first instance...the same line manager who had been here for 2 days with the issue present, and had not acted on it
3) Someone took down the sign I made next to the gate, giving residents the access code in the case of emergency.

Unfortunately for whatever idiot is involved in point 3, there is a camera looking directly at that spot, recording 24/7. And I have access to the stored video.

It seems like these people are working awfully hard to kill as many of the students as possible.

Conspiracy?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

Just too lazy to follow the damn law, which despite the whining from the Daily Mail columnists, is mostly common fucking sense.

I found video of the other night shift leader deliberately removing the code.  Now written an email to my manager regarding it, and I'm copying everything to a personal email address.  If I don't see swift action on this, I'm going to the HSE, and if they don't do something about it, the Times Educational Supplement.  They love a good story which allows them to bash stupidly expensive private schools their reading demographic cannot afford.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2017, 01:36:01 AM
In other news, dehydration is no joke.  I know this, I know it kills people, but I don't think I realised just how low on fluids I was getting on my day when I finish shift.  Between the messed up sleep patterns and whatever, it's way too easy to lose track of your intake.

Oh shit yeah, dehydration WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP.

You wouldn't think that just not drinking water would be as brutal as it is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on March 13, 2017, 03:33:55 PM
I got called on stage during a live taping of one of my favorite podcasts on Friday.

I think the show I'm on is going to be behind a paywall, but the free eps are swell and come with a bonus of 100% less my embarrassed stammering:

My mind is spinning to figure out what you could possibly have said about cockrings that would be embarrassing by Portland standards. I am desperately curious now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on March 13, 2017, 02:14:55 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 12, 2017, 09:27:12 PMThat the leak, which seems to have been prepared for a while, occurs as the US intelligence community is turning up the heat on Trump seems...very beneficial for painting the CIA as nefarious actors.

The more I follow the news, the more insane I feel

All of the people I agreed with at the top of my lungs during the presidential primary - I am now barely speaking to.

This whole season is making madmen out of us.

I keep hoping this plot arc will turn out to be a dream.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What asshole has two thumbs and is teaching Anatomy and Physiology next term?

This asshole right here!

At least I already know where thumbs and assholes are, so I have a head start.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 14, 2017, 09:23:56 PM

My mind is spinning to figure out what you could possibly have said about cockrings that would be embarrassing by Portland standards. I am desperately curious now.

It's not so much having talked about cockring experiences in front of the couple hundred people in the Portland audience...it's having done it in front of the dozen or so staff members and house comics at the club. Should it be less embarrassing than anything I said or did a month ago when I got so shitfaced I had to leave a show? No. Will it be? Oh yes...and if it weren't otherwise, they'll all make sure it is.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on March 14, 2017, 09:53:41 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 14, 2017, 09:23:56 PM

It's not so much having talked about cockring experiences in front of the couple hundred people in the Portland audience...it's having done it in front of the dozen or so staff members and house comics at the club. Should it be less embarrassing than anything I said or did a month ago when I got so shitfaced I had to leave a show? No. Will it be? Oh yes...and if it weren't otherwise, they'll all make sure it is.

Ohhhhhhhh

Yeah, I can see how that would go.  :lulz:

Cain

So, it turned out the manager ordered my co-worker to take the sign down.

My manager was ordered to take it down by the Head of Operations.  The insufferable know-it-all in charge of Health and Safety.

Fortunately, the gate is fixed, so the problem is solved, but unfortunately this means I cannot pursue it any further.

Cramulus

:argh!:

Such a shame to see a good "let's check out the instant replay" moment go to waste

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 14, 2017, 10:37:51 PM
So, it turned out the manager ordered my co-worker to take the sign down.

My manager was ordered to take it down by the Head of Operations.  The insufferable know-it-all in charge of Health and Safety.

Fortunately, the gate is fixed, so the problem is solved, but unfortunately this means I cannot pursue it any further.

Dammit.  :argh!: