News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on March 14, 2017, 10:37:51 PM
So, it turned out the manager ordered my co-worker to take the sign down.

My manager was ordered to take it down by the Head of Operations.  The insufferable know-it-all in charge of Health and Safety.

Fortunately, the gate is fixed, so the problem is solved, but unfortunately this means I cannot pursue it any further.

Sort of. Can be useful to establish pattern of neglect and incompetence which is only addressed slowly after non responsible person points out problem.

What's the structure above head of ops? Anything substantial?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I believe he answers to the headmaster and the board of governors.

Eater of Clowns

Hey PD, I'm not dead. I'm not on the internet a whole lot and that's working for me.

Hope you cats are doing well.  :)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 15, 2017, 02:26:54 AM
Hey PD, I'm not dead. I'm not on the internet a whole lot and that's working for me.

I'm not dead

not on the internet a whole lot

Does not compute

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2017, 12:51:18 AM
I believe he answers to the headmaster and the board of governors.

I bet the governors list is public and at least 12 people. Of which at least a couple will have an axe to grind for this clown. At least 1 should be terrified of possible legal implications, particularly after they've been notified as they can be held liable to a degree as I understand it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cramulus

MY CATS??
                          /
      LISTEN YOU NOISY MOTHERFUCKER----
                          /
                  MY CATS
              ARE TRYING
               TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!
                          /

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Cain on March 12, 2017, 09:27:12 PM
Quote from: Dildo Argentino on March 12, 2017, 10:38:09 AM
Could I have some input on this from my betters, please? https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/08/wikileaks-has-joined-the-trump-administration/ Is this likely to be a realistic assessment? (I mean apart from the foul language, which makes it quite clear that this is something of a partisan effort.)

Max Boot's a neocon, general asshole and long time critic of the Tea Party/Trump wing of the party.  He writes a lot about foreign policy, but he doesn't have any specific expertise, access or knowledge regarding Wikileaks and Trump.

THAT SAID, it turns out Trump adviser Roger Stone was in contact with "Guccifer 2.0", the alleged DNC hacker and suspected FSB sockpuppet, and it also turns out that UKIP leader and noted Trump supporter Nigel Farage is in close contact with Assange.

Assange has said he would leak info on Trump's tax returns if he was presented with it...but it is interesting that hacks on Republican figures, such as Colin Powell's emails, were released on the DCLeaks website and not via Wikileaks - only the DNC and Podesta hacks got that treatment.  The RNC has claimed it has not been breached by hackers, which I find somewhat unbelievable.

And then there's the timing of the most recent CIA release by Wikileaks.  The timeframe from the tools suggest that the hack occured last year, and US investigators are working under that assumption.  The files also appear to be more curated and organised for relevance than previous leaks, such as the infamous AKP Turkey emails, which successfully turned Wikileaks into the largest database of Turkish spam emails and viruses in the world for a brief time.  That the leak, which seems to have been prepared for a while, occurs as the US intelligence community is turning up the heat on Trump seems...very beneficial for painting the CIA as nefarious actors.

Thanks, Cain.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good job not dying!

Nice to see you here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, the policy at the university is that there are no make-up labs or quizzes unless you have a medical issue or are on a sports team (which comes with a form you have to bring in), in which case you have to give ample notice. I had a student email me that she was going to be missing class that day, and I gave her the usual spiel about how there are no make-up labs but the lowest score will be dropped. Then, a week later, I get an email from her coach asking me to excuse her absence. This is college... there are no "excused" and "inexcused" absences, you either show up and do the work or you don't, and if you need to make up a lab, you make arrangements to make up the lab.

So I forwarded it to the professor, who told me to let her make it up.

Tomorrow is the last lab of the term, there is literally no way for her to make up the lab she missed. That would have required being proactive, and making arrangements AT THE TIME. Not on the day of the lab, when it's the last lab of the week.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Being proactive is for chumps.  She doesn't need hard work, she has SPORTS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2017, 06:00:59 PM
Being proactive is for chumps.  She doesn't need hard work, she has SPORTS.

Since 'MERKA values sports above academics, she'll probably be just fine, and I'll probably end up being forced to let her turn in a lab report for a lab she never attended, which for anyone else would be cheating.

Cain

Sounds about right, I heard a lot of similar stories from my American friends who were doing a year study or Masters in the UK.  I didn't realise how much money there was in college sport, and how much it corrupted the academic system, until they started telling me their personal experiences with the system.

Freeky

So, I'm walking down the street to the store, right, and I stop and say hello to a rottweiler puppy I've made friends with like I normally do if he's outside and there's no truck in the driveway. Only this time, his owner drives up as I'm petting the pupper through the fence, and I'm all :C because people can get kind of miffy about strangers petting their dogs, which you know, they have good reason to. So I give pupper one last scratch and turn to apologize to his owner as he gets out of the truck. "Sorry!" I say, "sorry, I just love your dog, he's such a sweety."

So then

he goes to the gate

and UNLOCKS AND OPENS IT

and I'm like :o IS THIS HAPPENING

and the puppy is like :O DAD KAN I PLEI WIF HER

and then I got to hug him and wrestle a bit before I went to the store. His name is Rusty. #DogsCountAsFriends

The end. C:

Cain