News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Cain on March 21, 2017, 06:05:41 PM
Dissamble robots, use them to augment Bearman and laugh forever.

Salty

For a while I ignored my rage, thinking it would not shape my experiences. Then I would have small, short, intense bursts of rage.

Then I embraced it, fed off it, let it out at every opportunity. This led to bad decision making and severe burnout after a few years.

Now I look for ways to channel it, especially without strenuous work like massage to take the fight out of me. I think I will funnel it into my hatred for libertarians.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Salty on March 25, 2017, 08:02:44 PM
For a while I ignored my rage, thinking it would not shape my experiences. Then I would have small, short, intense bursts of rage.

Then I embraced it, fed off it, let it out at every opportunity. This led to bad decision making and severe burnout after a few years.

Now I look for ways to channel it, especially without strenuous work like massage to take the fight out of me. I think I will funnel it into my hatred for libertarians.

This is a good and worthy endeavor.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

BUT THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY LIBERTARIANISM, ALTY.  AS A REAL SCOTSMAN, I OBJECT TO YOUR SLANDER.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on March 26, 2017, 12:13:03 PM
BUT THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY LIBERTARIANISM, ALTY.  AS A REAL SCOTSMAN, I OBJECT TO YOUR SLANDER.

TAXATION IS THEFT (Y\N?)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 26, 2017, 01:55:04 PM

TAXATION IS THEFT (Y\N?)

Obviously, taxation is rape.  And slavery.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on March 26, 2017, 02:13:08 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 26, 2017, 01:55:04 PM

TAXATION IS THEFT (Y\N?)

Obviously, taxation is rape.  And slavery.

Sure. But in a billion years the sun will expand to engulf the earth.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Salty

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

This is their M.O.
It's like they all take a class on how to not understand logical fallacies.
And that one in particular, they just hammer into it as hard as possible, like being wrong is their endgame.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I remember when people who were above-average, but not as smart as they thought they were, were Libertarian.

Those days are long gone.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Something finally clicked about Tucson.

It's the city of great beginnings.  Things start off really awesome...But then they falter, stop, stagnate, and die.  Sometimes really, really quickly.  Sometimes it takes a while.

But you can't have nice things.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

As some of you know Slaanesh has been missing from the eye of terror for some time now.  His friend Nurgle called. :( He was found dead floating in a swimming pool, buck naked with a needle sticking out of his arm/tendril
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Freeky

Oh damn, really? That sucks, sorry to hear it. :(

In other news, I guess I'm awake for the day at 3.42 am.

Freeky,
ow. tooth. codeine not help.

Faust

sorry that was a bad 40k joke, didn't occur to me people would think its actually someone.

Tooth stuff is the worst, and if the codeine isn't working sounds like a dentist is waiting for you.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Yeah, if codeine's not helping, that sounds like it needs to be looked at, soon as possible  :sad:

Q. G. Pennyworth

In case folks missed the other thread, I am in the market for test readers. Requirements include a working printer, 72 sheets of paper, and time to go through 285 pages of nonsense (which does sound like a lot, but remember one of the pages literally just has the word "booger" on it).