News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm walking the raggedy edge of burnout. It's the first week of the term, but I haven't had a break since... shit.

I don't know when I last had a break.

I don't even have real weekends anymore.

Good think I'm presenting to my graduate committee next week, that'll be great I'm sure.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

I have the pregnants.

Having a problem with maintaining weight.  I can't quite lose weight when I want to but now I'm dropping it when I'm supposed to be gaining.   :argh!:
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 06, 2017, 04:59:01 AM
I have the pregnants.

Congratulations!  If congratulations are in order, I mean.

QuoteHaving a problem with maintaining weight.  I can't quite lose weight when I want to but now I'm dropping it when I'm supposed to be gaining.   :argh!:

:sad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trivial

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 06, 2017, 05:05:11 AM
I have the pregnants.

Thanks, I'll take em :).  Wasn't exactly planned, but rolling with it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have the pregnants.

Having a problem with maintaining weight.  I can't quite lose weight when I want to but now I'm dropping it when I'm supposed to be gaining.   :argh!:

Congratulations! I hope you start gaining soon.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 06, 2017, 05:18:56 AM
Quote from: Captain Pike on April 06, 2017, 05:05:11 AM
I have the pregnants.

Thanks, I'll take em :).  Wasn't exactly planned, but rolling with it.

:lol:  That's the spirit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

So, I just got the email this morning.  I start for the NGO on Monday.  Well, technically, for one of the masters of the NGO, a big multinational.  But I give the results of my work to the NGO, and they decide if I'm still getting a cheque, so it's mostly the same thing.

I will be - in name - running the infrastructure of a research facility.  Roads, sewers, water, electrical, even landscaping and janitorial (their electrical comes in from offsite at 13.8k and gets distributed.  Their water is well water and catchments.  Their sanitation is processed on site.  It's a big joint.  While I will be doing that, what I am actually supposed to be doing is finding out how water and sanitation systems can fail.

I basically have a job studying DOOM.   :lulz:

LMNO

You seem perfectly suited to this task.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I realllly want to put new floors in the kitchen, but I have no idea when I'll actually have time to do it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on April 06, 2017, 04:06:11 PM
You seem perfectly suited to this task.

It's sort of my dream job.  It's the mountain without pesky astronomers.  I mean, the scientists are THERE, but they're all in big tall buildings and I don't have to deal with many of them.

Trivial

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 06, 2017, 03:46:19 PM
So, I just got the email this morning.  I start for the NGO on Monday.  Well, technically, for one of the masters of the NGO, a big multinational.  But I give the results of my work to the NGO, and they decide if I'm still getting a cheque, so it's mostly the same thing.

I will be - in name - running the infrastructure of a research facility.  Roads, sewers, water, electrical, even landscaping and janitorial (their electrical comes in from offsite at 13.8k and gets distributed.  Their water is well water and catchments.  Their sanitation is processed on site.  It's a big joint.  While I will be doing that, what I am actually supposed to be doing is finding out how water and sanitation systems can fail.

How many scenarios can you come up with that involve "infrastructure eaten by wildlife" ?

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 06, 2017, 03:36:42 PM
I have the pregnants.

Congratulations! I hope you start gaining soon.

My desk at work looks like a small convenience store, so think I can do it :D

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 06, 2017, 05:32:55 PM
Quote from: Captain Pike on April 06, 2017, 03:46:19 PM

How many scenarios can you come up with that involve "infrastructure eaten by wildlife" ?

More than you'd be comfortable with.   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Apparently, this position is "business casual", which is to say "not casual at all".

Off to buy human clothes.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 07, 2017, 02:14:08 AM
Apparently, this position is "business casual", which is to say "not casual at all".

Off to buy human clothes.

Is this lizard people slang for new flesh covering?

Could I suggest one slightly less...Cornish?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.