News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 09, 2017, 11:56:49 PM
An additional penalty has been added, please report to your nearest active volcanic processing center to redistribute your carbon appropriately.

I... I understand. It's best for everyone this way. I think closest active volcano without needing a passport is in Hawaii. I'll report there immediately. I should have heeded the clearly posted signage.

:nopunsplease:  :zombie:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

On the plus side, additional food supplements are to be supplied to entities getting a tattoo of the text "you only have yourselves to blame".

On the downside the critical ink shortage will result in an excessive tattoo tax on all those who get said tattoo because, well, they only have themselves to blame.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on April 08, 2017, 09:39:01 PM
I'm so frustrated right now.

So we got kittens, right, two of them. They are adorable and me and the boy both love them. However, the boy is interested mostly in doing whatever entertains him, and I've had to discuss how cats need respect and gentleness even more than dogs do, because they're slightly more likely to bite and scratch and they won't like being abused. Today I found the boy had put my kitten in a tall laundry hamper and put a puzzle flannel over it so he couldn't get out. I grounded him to his room for the rest of today.

I've been really trying to never resort to the "Because I said so," reasoning that my folks used on me to explain why it's fair to ground him, and explain what isn't fair (torment the cats, disrespect boundaries, so on and so forth), but he still doesn't get it and I'm so  :argh!:

First world problems, right?

That's hard. How old is he now? Sometimes it just takes a few years for empathy to develop.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 10, 2017, 01:49:33 AM
On the plus side, additional food supplements are to be supplied to entities getting a tattoo of the text "you only have yourselves to blame".

On the downside the critical ink shortage will result in an excessive tattoo tax on all those who get said tattoo because, well, they only have themselves to blame.

I want mine in Akkadian cuneiform so they know that I mean business..
Wait, what?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

:ahhh:

MST3K used this movie as the first episode of their new season.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 10, 2017, 01:49:41 AM

So we got kittens, right, two of them. They are adorable and me and the boy both love them. However, the boy is interested mostly in doing whatever entertains him, and I've had to discuss how cats need respect and gentleness even more than dogs do, because they're slightly more likely to bite and scratch and they won't like being abused. Today I found the boy had put my kitten in a tall laundry hamper and put a puzzle flannel over it so he couldn't get out. I grounded him to his room for the rest of today.

I've been really trying to never resort to the "Because I said so," reasoning that my folks used on me to explain why it's fair to ground him, and explain what isn't fair (torment the cats, disrespect boundaries, so on and so forth), but he still doesn't get it and I'm so  :argh!:

That's hard. How old is he now? Sometimes it just takes a few years for empathy to develop.

He's 9. I'm hoping that it's just slow to develop, too.

There was also an incident today involving him and the same kitten. He says he just dropped him on accident, but Munkustrap can't put any weight on his leg and when I touch his knee he growls and shouts at me. Vet tomorrow, and my mom is already treating me like shit because it needs doing.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 10, 2017, 03:25:04 AM

What movie is this from?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I'm trying to think of something more inadvertently despicable than encouraging a person with an untreated mental illness to ignore all those people out there trying to gaslight them.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Freeky

Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on April 11, 2017, 12:30:36 AM
I'm trying to think of something more inadvertently despicable than encouraging a person with an untreated mental illness to ignore all those people out there trying to gaslight them.

What? That sounds... something.

Also, Munkustrap is doing okay. The vet said there's some swelling and bruising in his knee and ankle, but nothing seems outrageously wrong, so they gave  him an anti-inflammatory shot and sent us home with some oral pain meds. If he doesn't get better we have to go get x-rays, bt for now things look good.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Roly Poly Oly-Garch on April 11, 2017, 12:30:36 AM

That sounds like a shitty situation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on April 10, 2017, 04:46:17 AM

There was also an incident today involving him and the same kitten. He says he just dropped him on accident, but Munkustrap can't put any weight on his leg and when I touch his knee he growls and shouts at me. Vet tomorrow, and my mom is already treating me like shit because it needs doing.

Have you had him assessed for developmental delays?

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 13, 2017, 12:06:18 AM
Quote from: Freeky on April 10, 2017, 04:46:17 AM

Have you had him assessed for developmental delays?

I don't think so, but I think I will soon.

POFP

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 10, 2017, 06:59:29 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 10, 2017, 12:29:54 PM

What movie is this from?

Reptilicus

I'm so glad someone else watches MST3K. I felt like the only one.

Horrors of Spider Island and This Island Earth are my favorites of all time I think.

Unrelated:

So, the self-service request system the company I support uses has a "Special Shipping Instructions" field at the end of the order form. Since all of the requests don't actually involve physical shipments, because it's an IT request form, I decided to throw in some sarcastic remarks into those "Shipping Instructions." This included:

"Fill box only half-full of packing peanuts.
Store diagonally and ship by mule only. Horses cost too much.
Use only organic tape."

I assumed that this would not be visible to the actual resolver teams, the approving manager, or anyone who happens to look at the request itself in our ticketing system.

I was gloriously wrong  :lulz:
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PoFP on April 13, 2017, 07:19:44 PM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 10, 2017, 06:59:29 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 10, 2017, 12:29:54 PM

What movie is this from?

Reptilicus

I'm so glad someone else watches MST3K. I felt like the only one.

Horrors of Spider Island and This Island Earth are my favorites of all time I think.

Unrelated:

So, the self-service request system the company I support uses has a "Special Shipping Instructions" field at the end of the order form. Since all of the requests don't actually involve physical shipments, because it's an IT request form, I decided to throw in some sarcastic remarks into those "Shipping Instructions." This included:

"Fill box only half-full of packing peanuts.
Store diagonally and ship by mule only. Horses cost too much.
Use only organic tape."

I assumed that this would not be visible to the actual resolver teams, the approving manager, or anyone who happens to look at the request itself in our ticketing system.

I was gloriously wrong  :lulz:

:lulz: sounds like a new hobby.