News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What has Reddit done? My god, how long has it been that way?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My longest-standing school friend emailed me to ask for some advice, and ended it by saying that he was asking me because I am an innately sweet and kind person.

I am having really mixed feelings about this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 15, 2017, 05:53:38 AM

You mean "been infested with alt-right weenies"? Since about 2014

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 15, 2017, 07:20:42 AM

You mean "been infested with Rebranded White Nationalism weenies"? Since about 2014

Hah! I tend to stick to science reddits, so I don't see so many of those.

They have, at some point since I last looked, completely fucked the interface.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I keep waking up, and the xanax I took half an hour ago just seems to be making me feel like garbage without actually helping me relax or sleep.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 15, 2017, 06:27:53 AM
My longest-standing school friend emailed me to ask for some advice, and ended it by saying that he was asking me because I am an innately sweet and kind person.

I am having really mixed feelings about this.

Oranges are innately sweet
A kind fruit most delectable
At first

But in essence the dosage counts
For too much of the best can be
The worst

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 15, 2017, 09:13:15 AM
I keep waking up, and the xanax I took half an hour ago just seems to be making me feel like garbage without actually helping me relax or sleep.

I can definitely say that I'm also starting to get sleep abnormalities from the stuff that they have me on. I keep sleeping in about 3 or 4 hour blocks. The stuff also would seem to be increasing the vividness of my dreams, but not necessarily in a way that I consciously retain. Neither of thses effects seem to come with real relief of my other symptoms, but I can definitively say it's doing SOMETHING  if not necessarily being helpful.

Do you usually take xanax?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

Just found a job posting that is right up my alley; control systems, fluid power, PLCs, HMIs, all that jazz, and as an added bonus, they've only been sued by the EEOC TWICE; once for religious discrimination, and then again for retaliation for firing the guy that sued them!

They just can't shut up about how friendly they are! We are going to have such a good time talking about all those prayer rugs, and weird food in the cafeteria at my previous job. I hope they let me keep my cellphone on me when we're talking.
Formerly something else...

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 15, 2017, 09:12:05 AM

You mean "been infested with Rebranded White Nationalism weenies"? Since about 2014

They changed the personal profile pages, to allow celebrities to be able to host AMAs on their own profile.  That's the only recent change I can think of.  Anything else is probably just terribly CSS formatting by subreddit owners.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 15, 2017, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 15, 2017, 09:12:05 AM

They changed the personal profile pages, to allow celebrities to be able to host AMAs on their own profile.  That's the only recent change I can think of.  Anything else is probably just terribly CSS formatting by subreddit owners.

They moved some shit around. I can't put my finger on what they did because it's been like 3 months.

Trivial

Quote from: PoFP on April 13, 2017, 07:19:44 PM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 10, 2017, 06:59:29 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 10, 2017, 12:29:54 PM
Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 10, 2017, 03:25:04 AM
:ahhh:

MST3K used this movie as the first episode of their new season.

What movie is this from?

Reptilicus

I'm so glad someone else watches MST3K. I felt like the only one.

Horrors of Spider Island and This Island Earth are my favorites of all time I think.

Not Space Mutiny?

The new one is great, higher joke density.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 16, 2017, 01:32:54 AM

What movie is this from?

Reptilicus

Horrors of Spider Island and This Island Earth are my favorites of all time I think.

Not Space Mutiny?

We watched the Reptilicus episode last night and it was hilarious.

Meunster

Well. Time to start following where these riots are happening.

I can get two things off my bucket list at the same rally.
Poe's law ;)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Meunster on April 16, 2017, 09:31:39 PM

Riots? Also what things?  :?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 16, 2017, 09:53:04 PM
Quote from: Meunster on April 16, 2017, 09:31:39 PM

Riots? Also what things?  :?

Anti fa thinking using violence to silence anything they don't like. Thinking yeah, thats not something fascist do.

Be in a riot.
Yell at white people about dreds.
Poe's law ;)

POFP

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on April 16, 2017, 01:32:54 AM

What movie is this from?

Reptilicus

Not Space Mutiny?

I don't recall that one. I'm gonna have to go back through them tonight.

Also, that's awesome! I was kinda worried. I'll have to start those as well.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.