Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 03, 2017, 06:28:46 PM
ECH, there's always Eastern WA!

Yeah, I used to hang out in the Tri Cities area and still have good friends there, but the wage scale for what I do isn't optimal. If I could find a job that would make the wage/cost of living equation look favorable I'd seriously consider it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

POFP

I've taken 2 doses of Benadryl, had 2 cups of coffee, a 5-hour energy, and a Mountain Dew in the past 4 hours. Apparently, the only reason I'm not having the worst Vasoconstriction Migraine I've ever had is because of the Niacin (Potent Vasodilator) included in the 5-hour energy.  :lulz:

Niacin has a much shorter half-life though, so it's likely going to be out of my system within the next hour  :horrormirth:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Junkenstein

For similar results, I hear meth is cheaper.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

POFP

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 06:36:58 PM
For similar results, I hear meth is cheaper.

Nah, I actually feel pretty good.

Add in my generally low levels of Acetylcholine. Then, Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) is a potent anti-cholinergic, while the caffeine is a strong cholinergic. So that balances out to a bit higher than it should be, but not cholinergic crisis level. Not only that, but the 5-hour energy had enough L-Tyrosine and Phenylalanine to boost Dopamine production to the same as the Acetylcholine levels, pretty much creating a pretty even balance.

As I type this, the Niacin is wearing off. Hello all-day migraine, my old friend.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

The Wizard Joseph

I've sometimes wondered what a straight dose of dopamine hcl might be like. It can cause vascular restriction and lead to ischemia, but at a low enough dose would probably put any energy drink or amphetamine to shame for motivation and euphoria. A little norepinephrine and your likely going to be flying for hours.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

POFP

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 04, 2017, 08:58:46 PM
I've sometimes wondered what a straight dose of dopamine hcl might be like. It can cause vascular restriction and lead to ischemia, but at a low enough dose would probably put any energy drink or amphetamine to shame for motivation and euphoria. A little norepinephrine and your likely going to be flying for hours.

I experimented with a form of ASMR and discovered the ability to control it. I was able to trigger the sensation, and control its strength without the use of outside stimuli at one point. It was like flipping on the pleasure switch in my brain whenever I wanted. I ended up doing it so much, I must have run myself dangerously low of Norepinephrine and Dopamine, because after a certain point, I stopped feeling pleasure from it. It turned into pain, and almost became a tick, as the trigger started causing neck muscle twitches. I had to force constant human contact for weeks and avoid moving and twitching for weeks to get it to stop.

If the above situation was caused by manual release of norepinephrine and a dopaminergic reward association with said release, then I imagine "A little norepinephrine" would cause extreme dependence issues. Assuming, of course, that the norepinephrine release that you're likely referring to is induced by a releasing agent, not an injection of norepinephrine itself. An injection of either dopamine or norepinephrine would only have effects on blood pressure, heartrate, and the side effects those mechanisms are connected to. Injections of these neurotransmitters don't cross the Blood-brain barrier, so it wouldn't have the "high" you're referring to. But inducing release, blocking re-uptake of, or agonizing the receptors of those neurotransmitters would cause that high. Such is the basis of Amphetamines and similar drugs. Which explains the dependence issues associated with such drugs.

Moral of the story: Don't do drugs if you have a malfunctioning reward system and don't know how to control it. And don't do drugs often if you don't want your reward system to malfunction later on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 03, 2017, 01:29:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2017, 01:49:38 AM
Quote from: Cain on May 03, 2017, 12:56:21 AM
Alas, no.  This is the truly unbearable aspect of my job, that my weaponised-grade sarcasm and irony are often unappreciated by people for whom English is a 4th language, behind their native language, Entitlement and Derp.

See, this is where you see how far you can go before they realize you're laughing at them.

I mean, this is basic British, here.

It's a lost cause over here. I was laughing into someones face a couple of weeks back. They joined in.

"No. Stop. I'm laughing at you, not with you, and you're ruining it".

No sense of decorum here anymore.

You're almost at America. 

When you laugh at someone and they holler that you're <insert political faction that you aren't>, you have gone full America.  You can preview it on Facebook.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

So today I found out TGRR, and I are scientists. As the heralds of Science please do the universe a far, and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

East Coast Hustle

Clearly scientists and engineers are two diametrically opposed mutually exclusive things and it would be simply impossible according to the laws of the universe for someone to do both things.

You're a fuckin' genius, you are. Thanks for SHOWING US WHAT, guy.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also, when you say some dumb shit on facebook that you think is smart and you've said it in a thread that's already full of PD members you should probably come here and crow about it too because that's a great look and clearly we all need to give twice as many fucks.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're a boring little turd of an edgelord and SHUT UP.

Ben Shapiro

Someone needs to keep the seats warm til RWHN makes his return.

POFP

I just noticed the "Deserved it" status on Mr. Cuck, here. For some reason I assumed it was a brand new poptart account or something. Is he an oldspag gone hag? Or did an oldspag get their account hacked?

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: PoFP on May 05, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
I just noticed the "Deserved it" status on Mr. Cuck, here. For some reason I assumed it was a brand new poptart account or something. Is he an oldspag gone hag? Or did an oldspag get their account hacked?

The Jews

POFP

Quote from: Scott The Cuck on May 05, 2017, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: PoFP on May 05, 2017, 04:53:59 PM

The Jews

HILLARYOUS

Anywho, turns out my caffeine tolerance was high enough to keep the vasoconstriction-induced headache within the range of about 20 minutes. Also, it appears that whatever was causing my allergies is inhibited by unending pouring rain. Woot woot.

Faust

Quote from: Scott The Cuck on May 05, 2017, 04:23:54 PM
Someone needs to keep the seats warm til RWHN makes his return.

Your jokes about the guy who hasn't posted here in four years get funnier every time you make them.
Sleepless nights at the chateau