News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 08, 2017, 05:33:16 PM
Not dead. Waiting on some more feedback from the test reader before Holy Nonsense is released.

Narrowly averted having to punch someone square in the dick today. Do not send me infuriating 2am texts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mMByDfFMPcE
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

Have to give the MST3K guys credit, they managed to go a whole movie without commenting on Jayne Mansfield's bust.

Because when I noticed it, I couldn't not say something.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial on May 10, 2017, 01:42:36 AM
Have to give the MST3K guys credit, they managed to go a whole movie without commenting on Jayne Mansfield's bust.

Because when I noticed it, I couldn't not say something.

Jane Mansfield's bust was a national treasure.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Turns out the account they're moving me to is not only far less advanced than the one I'm currently on, but also has the same call volume in a week that I get in an hour on my current account. Also, I've just found out that the people who are on this new account conspired to get a fellow colleague of mine fired because they were annoyed by him.

He was very annoying and strange, but he was far smarter than any of them, and a much harder worker and was known to improve every system he was in. He didn't make employee of the month for nothing. He certainly didn't deserve what they did to him and his reputation.

The new team has 1, maybe 2 redeemable individuals on it. But most of them are old, bigoted, pieces of shit who get away with whatever they want because they've worked here for 10 years.

I was already promised leading responsibilities that the current tenure holder has. I believe he plans on retiring soon. Once he's gone, it'll be easy to take over the responsibilities of the rest of the team, and fill out the easiest smear report ever. Half of them will be cut from the team, and I will be taking a desirable pay raise.

But while I'm still in "training," it's all smiles   :evil:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Trivial

Quote from: PoFP on May 10, 2017, 11:04:52 PM
Turns out the account they're moving me to is not only far less advanced than the one I'm currently on, but also has the same call volume in a week that I get in an hour on my current account. Also, I've just found out that the people who are on this new account conspired to get a fellow colleague of mine fired because they were annoyed by him.

He was very annoying and strange, but he was far smarter than any of them, and a much harder worker and was known to improve every system he was in. He didn't make employee of the month for nothing. He certainly didn't deserve what they did to him and his reputation.

The new team has 1, maybe 2 redeemable individuals on it. But most of them are old, bigoted, pieces of shit who get away with whatever they want because they've worked here for 10 years.

I was already promised leading responsibilities that the current tenure holder has. I believe he plans on retiring soon. Once he's gone, it'll be easy to take over the responsibilities of the rest of the team, and fill out the easiest smear report ever. Half of them will be cut from the team, and I will be taking a desirable pay raise.

Can they be replaced by a script?
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial on May 10, 2017, 11:09:35 PM

Or by less hostile human beings.

We have one (1) guy left who believes that snarling is the first option, and that skullduggery is more important than geekery.

He won't be around much longer, I gather.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

POFP

That's the funny part. Their extra responsibilities are easily done using the basic functions included in Excel reporting. And the information gathering itself can be done with a batch script written in 10 minutes.

The only thing a script can't do is answer the 1 call a day they might receive. When I replace all of their other major responsibilities with scripts, I'll also take over all of the call volume. When they're left with nothing to do, the client will realize that all of the ticket submission is being done by one person, while they're paying our company for 7 dedicated agents. A couple conversations with the client will have them cutting my company's contracted payment to have about 3 or 4 dedicated agents (Time-off and multiple shifts still have to be covered, of course.). I'll work in a deal to have the 1 or 2 redeemables kept on, and let the rest eat a bag of shit.

Next step after that will be to train my replacement as I become the Account Coordinator.

And here I was worried I was being thrown into a hole  :lulz:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 11, 2017, 01:57:09 AM

Or by less hostile human beings.

We have one (1) guy left who believes that snarling is the first option, and that skullduggery is more important than geekery.

He won't be around much longer, I gather.

Their experience with the company and account renders them immune to replacement. I wish it were that easy.

They're also organized, and meticulous. But their downfall will be their over-extended comfort and laziness.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PoFP on May 11, 2017, 05:55:29 PM
Their experience with the company and account renders them immune to replacement. I wish it were that easy.

The graveyards are full of irreplaceable people.

Cain

Well, I had to get that promotion somehow.

Cain

Working on another PhD proposal.  God I hate these things.  It's like applying for a job and writing a high level paper, all rolled into one.  Oh, you only want 2500 words on my proposal, in addition to my entire life and work history.

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 12, 2017, 01:59:19 AM
Quote from: PoFP on May 11, 2017, 05:55:29 PM

The graveyards are full of irreplaceable people.

Well, there's essentially no reason for my company to think they need to be replaced. Due to lack of in-house HR, my company is very morally lazy. Even if they found out what actually happened to my former colleague, they would rather keep the conspirators than deal with having to train replacements (Apparently the training is supposed to take 2 months lol). My only option is to point out that they are costing the company too much money for what they're worth.

Quote from: Cain on May 12, 2017, 03:31:31 AM
Well, I had to get that promotion somehow.

It's early and I'm unusually tired, so let me know if I just completely misunderstood what was going on. It took unusually long for me to even understand what Roger meant, so I'm not super confident in my comprehension skills at the moment.

I have the option of waiting a lot of extra time, and maybe, eventually getting the promotion, or I can fuck over some scumbags and get an early guaranteed promotion (Also, keep in mind that these people wouldn't be fired, they would be removed from the account and put onto another one. Another one that is likely higher volume with a greater workload. I'm not ruining anyone's career, just causing extreme inconvenience.). Are you implying that fucking over scumbags for the promotion is not the moral choice?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm retarded.

And also  :lol:

LMNO

[Requia]

Cain implied that the only way to get a promotion is to kill his coworkers.

[/Requia]

POFP

Quote from: LMNO on May 12, 2017, 03:07:03 PM
[Requia]

Cain implied that the only way to get a promotion is to kill his coworkers.

[/Requia]

Thank you for the clarification. I knew I felt unusually stupid for a reason.  :lulz:

Cain

If irreplaceable people are going to keep on clogging up the system, they have to be made un-irreplaceable.

I recommend sharp knives, body bags and vats of acid.

LMNO

I'm going to need an update to my use of the word "implied".