News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial on May 26, 2017, 02:03:11 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 26, 2017, 01:03:25 AM
I have spent way too much time dealing with and touching a dead guy's balls today. I have a feeling the next class is also going to demand a lot of guided tours through his balls.

Everyone needs a hobby?

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Now I'm doing open lab and I'm pretty sure the next two hours are going to be almost entirely about the dead guy's balls.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Finally, the heat has hit the office.

There's no actual heatwave per se in the UK right now, but once it gets above a certain outside temperature, the inside temperature here rises dramatically, due to terrible venting.

Which means we have about 50 million complaints from students about it being too hot to sleep or study.  Every year,without fail, this happens.  And every year, without fail, no-one looks into installing air conditioning or similar.

The Good Reverend Roger

Working from home today, on the newest project.  Told the operators to call me if anything weird happens.

The chilled water system went tits-up, due to a modulating valve blowing a fuse.  The operator decides to wander around the tank farm trying to find a pump not running (the control room panel tells you if that's not happening).  The first thing I know about it is a call from an occupant's engineer, wondering why his air handling system is full of hot water.

Problem is fixed now, but heads are going to roll on Monday.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Looks like I'm gonna need an ODB reader, at the very least. And my mourning dove died today. Sucks.  I'm going to start double-spacing my periods again, because this has not been my best millennium on record.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 27, 2017, 01:39:02 AM
Finally, the heat has hit the office.

There's no actual heatwave per se in the UK right now, but once it gets above a certain outside temperature, the inside temperature here rises dramatically, due to terrible venting.

Which means we have about 50 million complaints from students about it being too hot to sleep or study.  Every year,without fail, this happens.  And every year, without fail, no-one looks into installing air conditioning or similar.
:horrormirth:

Cain

The other thing that could solve this problem would be to remove all window restrictors.  It wouldn't be perfect, but it would allow more of the hot air to leave, so it would be cooler in the evenings and overnight.  This is against the law, as student accommodations are required to have restricted windows, but given their attitude to other health and safety laws, you'd think that wouldn't bother them.

But no.  In this particular case, they follow the law to the letter.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 27, 2017, 07:27:28 PM
The other thing that could solve this problem would be to remove all window restrictors.  It wouldn't be perfect, but it would allow more of the hot air to leave, so it would be cooler in the evenings and overnight.  This is against the law, as student accommodations are required to have restricted windows, but given their attitude to other health and safety laws, you'd think that wouldn't bother them.

But no.  In this particular case, they follow the law to the letter.

Oh FFS

It's like they WANT the place to be a disaster in waiting.

Cain

There's a reason I've taken all of July as my holiday time  :lulz:  Between the summer school students and the heat, this place is going to be a shitshow.

And I'm going to be somewhere in central Europe, visiting places of Culture and affordable, cold beer instead.

Freeky

SWEET MERCIFUL FUCK THERE'S GOING TO BE A NEW GALAKTIKON ALBUM.

That is all.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on May 27, 2017, 08:09:20 PM
There's a reason I've taken all of July as my holiday time  :lulz:  Between the summer school students and the heat, this place is going to be a shitshow.

And I'm going to be somewhere in central Europe, visiting places of Culture and affordable, cold beer instead.

Lucky bastard.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Welllll so my car which just came out of the shop and cost about $1050 to fix just broke down, stranding Salty and li'l Salty at the side of the road in Washington.

FML

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 30, 2017, 12:22:11 AM
Welllll so my car which just came out of the shop and cost about $1050 to fix just broke down, stranding Salty and li'l Salty at the side of the road in Washington.

FML

Fuck

Salty

A coolant hose snapped/melted/tore off, so I removed the broken bit and crammed the hose back on without its sensor, or whatever, and now I'm back and beer/bed.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

Why ride when you can walk?  We make a special trip for you, same low price.