News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 04:53:18 AM
Chain to float in toilet also slipped out, he thinks someone broke into the house to mess with the toilet.

Oh good lord, this guy would have me exhausted within hours.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Trivial

Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2017, 04:55:07 AM
Chain to float in toilet also slipped out, he thinks someone broke into the house to mess with the toilet.

Yeah, not sure how my sister keeps her sanity.  Then again this is the one that managed to escape Tucson. 
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

hooplala

Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 04:57:14 AM

Yeah, not sure how my sister keeps her sanity.  Then again this is the one that managed to escape Tucson.

:lol:

That's what they want him to think.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 04:57:14 AM

I have explained how Hooke's Law applies to escapees, right?

My boss, who is an even better boss than Jim, stayed a week too late, was lured into staying by the appeal of a Messerschmidt jet cycle.

She now knows she can't leave, but she doesn't care.  Your sister will eventually find some absolutely sensible and vital reason to return.  Right now, that's not a bad thing.  We're becoming a research capital, and our economy is booming.  By our standards, anyway. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2017, 04:54:21 AM
Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 04:49:41 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2017, 04:46:58 AM
Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 04:16:15 AM
My sister's husband thinks people are "planting bunnies" in the yard to mess with their dog.   :?

Thinks?

Convince him.

Their dachshund caught one and that's the conclusion that he came to.

If it were me, I would start planting evidence that people indeed planting bunnies.

Mind you, I'm a horrible bastard.

:lulz:

It would only make you a horrible bastard if he was actually showing early signs of Schizophrenia.

But if he's not, a letter in the mail created out of magazine clippings of letters that reads:

"LiTtlE BUnny FoO Foo
wenT HOPpINg thROugH the fOResT
scoOpINg uP The HOuNdS
aND bOPPing them ON ThE hEAd"

Will surely increase the lulz factor. A week later, send the next section of the nursery rhyme in the same format, but include a paw-print the same size as the dog in question.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Trivial

Quote from: PoFP on June 16, 2017, 03:19:32 PM
My sister's husband thinks people are "planting bunnies" in the yard to mess with their dog.   :?

Thinks?

Convince him.

If it were me, I would start planting evidence that people indeed planting bunnies.

It would only make you a horrible bastard if he was actually showing early signs of Schizophrenia.

At this point I'm not sure.  I think it's the only reason my sister stays, he may be ill and she'd feel guilt in leaving.

Told her to document this stuff.

POFP

Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

Thinks?

Convince him.

At this point I'm not sure.  I think it's the only reason my sister stays, he may be ill and she'd feel guilt in leaving.

In that case, that's very unfortunate. I've read plenty of stories of developing symptoms of Schizophrenia, and that's the type of stuff that they do. I'd tell her to look out for Catatonia and slow decline of hygiene as well. The earlier they catch that stuff, the better the outlook on life.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

hooplala

That is unfortunate. I take back what I said.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

POFP

Some incompetent admin at the company I support accused me of resetting someone's password to something non-compliant to our security standards on a linux server.

I sent them and their/my supervisor back a wall of an email outlining:

1.) The Company's Security Compliance Standards
2.) The password I actually set for the account on the server
3.) The fact that the tool they gave us to generate passwords doesn't fit their own Security Compliance Standards for passwords. (A tool that I actually didn't use, because of this fact)
4.) A detailed how-to document with step-by-step instructions on how to find the date/time/source of account logins and password changes on the linux server via command line.
5.) The exact date/time that I was on the call with the user, as well as a screenshot of the date/time I signed into the server and reset their password.
6.) The fact that the password they claim I set it to is literally considered an invalid password on the server because it doesn't fit the bare minimum requirements to allow the reset to go through, meaning by definition of the server's capabilities, their claim is impossible.

Their (Various admins and employees of this company) weekly attempts at accusing me of impossible or unusually retarded shit always ends in me telling them and their superiors how their job is done. Maybe I should apply to be a consultant so I can get paid more.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 15, 2017, 10:19:13 PM
That was probably a good idea.  For those who want to see.

This is just confusing as fuck. What on earth is going on with that towel?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial on June 16, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

Thinks?

Convince him.

She should probably try to get him into a psych for assessment, if possible.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 17, 2017, 07:44:52 PM

She should probably try to get him into a psych for assessment, if possible.

Yeah, this is looking less funny/less of him just being an asshole after thinking about it. This is the same guy who suddenly stopped having a sense of humor.  He's so damn stubborn, not so sure of how she can get him there.

Cain

Too hot to sleep in this godforsaken building.  Which given it is nearly 5am is saying something.

Trivial

National Weather Service decided to create a new storm category and meteorologists are crapping themselves to report stroms in those categories.

Like nothing changed at all, they just decided to track storms the might become tropical depressions.  Before that they were still bad storms. 

So anyway I have to deal with the fact the software doesn't have that category yet and all the people complaining about that fact and the fact programming takes time.

Freeky

Come to donate plasma, wearing the most comfortab le, light clothing possible, because it's Tucson, it's summer, and there's been no rain. I get up to check in, they're like, "Those are pajama pants, you can't donate." FFS they're just pants I'm so fucking pissed right now. This is some bullshit.