News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Fake News, Fake Bar

Started by Faust, December 26, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

:lulz:  My manager told me if a particular client calls I should tell them to fuck off, and I have permission to use said language.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Trivial

So they managed to get ransomware, wiped their machine, and got the ransomware again either by not fully wiping the machine or by having it sitting on their network and reinfecting the machine.
They are an ISP.

Many other phrases have been approved for use.

The Good Reverend Roger

So how hard is to make Beef Wellington?

I might have made a bet while annoyed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Trivial

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 27, 2017, 01:54:04 AM
So how hard is to make Beef Wellington?

I might have made a bet while annoyed.

Making one in a car?

Faust

Were your company early adopters of this current ransomware batch, or late to the party patching against wannacry?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Trivial

Quote from: Faust on June 27, 2017, 07:25:02 PM
Were your company early adopters of this current ransomware batch, or late to the party patching against wannacry?

It's not my company that got hit, was a customer, and we don't manage their patching.  There was a rather large cascade of fail that ended with the ransomware.  The fact my boss himself was the one restoring the machine since it's an old-not-supposed-to-be-supported system led to the profanity.  We're supporting an out of support system because sales thinks if we're nice enough they might buy something else.  And sales makes upper management listen.

There is no equivalent to this system, nothing we currently have is anything they'd want at least.

Faust

Nothing like supporting legacy horror shows, I hope the customer at least pays well for you to support it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Trivial

Quote from: Faust on June 27, 2017, 10:13:40 PM
Nothing like supporting legacy horror shows, I hope the customer at least pays well for you to support it.

Hope so too.  I'm actually kinda angry at the company for killing their particular product, there's no real equivalent to it.  Could send replacement discs with a working image on them in that case if they had a contract.  Probably have a data contract.

Though I guess sending discs isn't a solution if they're as stupid as my boss says and get the thing reinfected. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Our SQL database is written in Delta, which is a crippled up version of BASIC used for air conditioning controls.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Sending our neckbeard to go learn Python.  GRIND, CODE-MONKEY, GRIND!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Trivial

5 year old suddenly afraid of thunderstorms :(.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 29, 2017, 01:59:20 AM
Our SQL database is written in Delta, which is a crippled up version of BASIC used for air conditioning controls.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Sending our neckbeard to go learn Python.  GRIND, CODE-MONKEY, GRIND!

Is Python used industrially?

What is he going to do with the Python? Replace the Delta, or just interface with it?
Formerly something else...

East Coast Hustle

Why is this thread stickied all of a sudden?

I literally thought it had disappeared for days. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"