News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Do impossible thoughts exist?

Started by nobodyhome, January 13, 2017, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nobodyhome

Do impossible thoughts exist or are they only imagined to exist such that we imagine the existence of an impossible thought and think we are thinking about it when we are in point of fact not thinking about it at all?

Salty

Does a pink unicorn pooping marshmallows in the woods make a sounds anyone gives a fuck about?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Ooh, ooh!! I know this one!  In what's-her-fucking-name, ex-Alaskan politician who ran for president but dropped out, her book, she spoke of wondering, as a kid, why people didn't just flap their arms really hard and fly around, and that was supposed to be profound instead of an embarrassing story meant to endear her to her readers.  Either the flying or the attempt at depth, take your pick, BOTH are impossible thoughts.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bruno

Has anyone really been far something something weirding brains
Formerly something else...

minuspace

Quote from: xerosaburu on January 13, 2017, 03:31:29 AM
Do impossible thoughts exist or are they only imagined to exist such that we imagine the existence of an impossible thought and think we are thinking about it when we are in point of fact not thinking about it at all?
This also reminds me of what is past.

LMNO

Quote from: xerosaburu on January 13, 2017, 03:31:29 AM

Define "exist".

Faust

What's an impossible thought, can you provide an example please?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Yeah, the OP is full of undefined terms. 

Rev Thwack

If I had the ability to think impossible thoughts, would a brain that is limited by possibility have the ability to process the discussion of my impossible thought to the point where it could even recognize the impossibility of the thought being discussed?
My balls itch...

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

LMNO

Quote from: Rev Thwack on January 13, 2017, 03:29:53 PM
If I had the ability to think impossible thoughts, would a brain that is limited by possibility have the ability to process the discussion of my impossible thought to the point where it could even recognize the impossibility of the thought being discussed?

Please define the bolded.

trippinprincezz13

You mean, could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot even HE couldn't eat it?
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Ziegejunge

Plot twist: OP is the screenwriter for the next Mission: Impossible movie and needs (impossible) ideas.