News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Post your examples of socially unjust laws which exist where you live

Started by nobodyhome, January 27, 2017, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

City council tried to fluoridate the water. The woo community marched in the street, held an election, and blocked the measure.

A local capitalist owns a lot and allowed a tent city to operate there. They have accrued fines into 6 figures.

On a related note, we have a "no stopping" ordinance on the sidewalks. Also, there's code against unpermitted structures, which includes putting a tarp over you if you're sleeping on the streets. The old mayor stopped enforcing these ordinances. Camps went up. People in houses raised hell. Camps got swept. This in a VERY liberal city.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 29, 2017, 03:57:32 AM
City council tried to fluoridate the water. The woo community marched in the street, held an election, and blocked the measure.

A local capitalist owns a lot and allowed a tent city to operate there. They have accrued fines into 6 figures.

On a related note, we have a "no stopping" ordinance on the sidewalks. Also, there's code against unpermitted structures, which includes putting a tarp over you if you're sleeping on the streets. The old mayor stopped enforcing these ordinances. Camps went up. People in houses raised hell. Camps got swept. This in a VERY liberal city.

I'm glad you had specific examples. I tried to think of some, and then I got overwhelmed because everything here is stupid.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The old Portland was poor, and therefore very liberal. The new Portland pays lip service to liberal ideals, but there are a lot of people with money here and first and foremost they wish to remain comfortable, which means not having to deal with the complaints of brown people and poors.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

nobodyhome

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 29, 2017, 12:46:44 AM
Quote from: xerosaburu on January 28, 2017, 04:03:21 PM

When I think of social justice, I think of it in the general sense. That all people should be allowed equal treatment under the law, whether these be considered "just laws" or "unjust laws". If all people are treated the same the the laws of the land, then in my view "social justice" has taken place.

Then you do not believe in social justice and are in fact a shitlord.

Is it a religion, that I have to believe?

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I can see that in place of answering any pointed questions ITT, you're intent on wanking all over this topic.

Thanks for that, you never know whose threads to ignore at first. This is super helpful!

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: xerosaburu on January 29, 2017, 03:01:38 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 29, 2017, 12:46:44 AM
Quote from: xerosaburu on January 28, 2017, 04:03:21 PM

When I think of social justice, I think of it in the general sense. That all people should be allowed equal treatment under the law, whether these be considered "just laws" or "unjust laws". If all people are treated the same the the laws of the land, then in my view "social justice" has taken place.

Then you do not believe in social justice and are in fact a shitlord.

Is it a religion, that I have to believe?

I know better than to tell a libertarian piece of shit they "have" to do anything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Another banal, undereducated "freethinker", I see. They must be reproducing asexually.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 29, 2017, 05:17:00 PM
Words having meanings = religion now

:lulz:

Well if we were really thinking freely, we would just redefine every word we wanted to use, or make up our own entirely.

nobodyhome

I'm not sure what's wrong with equal treatment under the law.

Salty

Salty

Salty

Quote from: xerosaburu on January 29, 2017, 06:18:05 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong with equal treatment under the law.

I am sure there are whole libraries full of books filled with things you aren't sure about.