News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Post your examples of socially unjust laws which exist where you live

Started by nobodyhome, January 27, 2017, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on January 31, 2017, 11:48:45 PM
He is just a racist. I point a country with one of the lowest crime rates in the world, with the best figures on recidivism, and he links to say that all the foreigners are infesting the country to commit rapes.

Literally a single crime made them slide from being in the top ten safest countries in the world, and that was committed by a man who killed 77 people because of Immigrants were ruining the country.

Somehow, I don't think xerosubaru cares.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

00.dusk

These types of people joincommunities like ours because they think "think for yourself" translates to "open minds for sale to first ideological buyer". Which is usually the case, but our folks are made of stouter, smarter stuff.

No, I doubt he cares either. If he does, he has some double-time backpedalling to get to. And some vicious mockery to endure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I can safely stand by my assessment of hopeless stupidity. There is nothing to be done with someone who thinks that random user-uploaded videos of some jackass' opinion are a credible information source.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

nobodyhome

He is just a racist. I point a country with one of the lowest crime rates in the world, with the best figures on recidivism, and he links to say that all the foreigners are infesting the country to commit rapes.

Literally a single crime made them slide from being in the top ten safest countries in the world, and that was committed by a man who killed 77 people because of Immigrants were ruining the country.

It's racist to make accusations about people when you disagree with them on some point.

But then again, that's the knee-jerk reaction of some.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 12:39:29 AM

It's racist to make accusations about people when you disagree with them on some point.

But then again, that's the knee-jerk reaction of some.

When what you're disagreeing over are racist claims, it's pretty reasonable.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

nobodyhome

It's not racist to show that certain cultures have increased the crime rate in certain countries.

Racism is about race, not culture.

The misogyny, homophobia and whole-scale restriction of the rights women and LGBT's in these countries with these cultures presents a real threat which has to be acknowledged.

That's not racism.

But then again, I rather suspected this sort of reaction from some.

It makes me wonder how anyone would be able to argue successfully for not being something.

I'm thinking to myself here...How would someone prove that they weren't a racist?

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2017, 11:21:46 PM
Quote from: Dildo Argentino on January 31, 2017, 04:32:46 AM
Quote from: xerosaburu on January 29, 2017, 11:01:49 PM
Quote from: Dildo Argentino on January 29, 2017, 08:29:40 PM
Quote from: xerosaburu on January 29, 2017, 06:18:05 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong with equal treatment under the law.

Nothing wrong with it. I wish some polity would try it one these days. But, as a matter of fact, the actual laws also matter, as kind people have been trying to explain to you.

Specifically, which statutes?

Specifically, which polity?

But, assuming your answer is any: Hungary, for instance, has completely revamped its criminal code. Personal debt is now (with some limitations) inheritable. Totally unjust. And you are required by law to contribute specific amounts of money to your parents' upkeep, should they be unable to fend for themselves. Totally unjust.

This is how you get serfdom.

Exactly, that's a depressingly astute observation. We also have forced labour for the poor now: if you have no income, your only option is to participate in the "Public Works Programme", doing physical labour, often pointless or on some local potentate's property, in return for a monthly allowance of about 120 dollars. Since the government dropped the age limit of compulsory education from 18 to 16, some 40 thousand youngsters have joined the ranks (in a country of about ten million!).
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dildo Argentino on February 01, 2017, 01:25:40 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2017, 11:21:46 PM
Quote from: Dildo Argentino on January 31, 2017, 04:32:46 AM
Quote from: xerosaburu on January 29, 2017, 11:01:49 PM
Quote from: Dildo Argentino on January 29, 2017, 08:29:40 PM
Quote from: xerosaburu on January 29, 2017, 06:18:05 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong with equal treatment under the law.

Nothing wrong with it. I wish some polity would try it one these days. But, as a matter of fact, the actual laws also matter, as kind people have been trying to explain to you.

Specifically, which statutes?

Specifically, which polity?

But, assuming your answer is any: Hungary, for instance, has completely revamped its criminal code. Personal debt is now (with some limitations) inheritable. Totally unjust. And you are required by law to contribute specific amounts of money to your parents' upkeep, should they be unable to fend for themselves. Totally unjust.

This is how you get serfdom.

Exactly, that's a depressingly astute observation. We also have forced labour for the poor now: if you have no income, your only option is to participate in the "Public Works Programme", doing physical labour, often pointless or on some local potentate's property, in return for a monthly allowance of about 120 dollars. Since the government dropped the age limit of compulsory education from 18 to 16, some 40 thousand youngsters have joined the ranks (in a country of about ten million!).

Jesus.   :eek:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

nobodyhome

I wouldn't choose to live in Hungary, however that's they way they decided to live.

It's up to them to choose to live differently insofar as they are able if they wish to.

00.dusk

This puts an article I read earlier today in a terrifying new light. Drawing parallels between Trump and the current Hungarian government under Orban.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/03/how-to-build-an-autocracy/513872/

The parallels seem sound too. I disagree with some of the points the writer makes (namely that Trumpism isn't quite fascism -- no, but neither was any other fascist government save Mussolini's, as per Umberto Eco's Ur-Fascism...) but the parallels are good, the conclusions are good, it's well written as far as I can tell.

Normally I'd say "...but let's not threadjack", but this thread seems to be going nowhere worthwhile unless xerosubaru starts making a hilarious fool of himself in public. :lulz:

preview edit: And there he goes! :lulz: What happened to this?

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 12:46:58 AMThe misogyny, homophobia and whole-scale restriction of the rights women and LGBT's in these countries with these cultures presents a real threat which has to be acknowledged.

We need to protect ourselves from evul cultures! Unless they're only harming those filthy poor folks what steal from our gubment and leeech off of the societies, then it's okay.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 02:01:47 AM
I wouldn't choose to live in Hungary, however that's they way they decided to live.

It's up to them to choose to live differently insofar as they are able if they wish to.

Hush, little Nazi.

Dildo Argentino

Why are you talking about me in the third person, mate? :)

I choose to live in Hungary, and this is most certainly not the way Hungarians chose to live. Government is infested with high-functioning sociopathic criminals. Seeing as the first thing they did after coming into power on the back of a successful populist campaign but most of all solid, nationwide dissatisfaction with the previous government (who were a bunch of corrupt losers, but nothing like the present cunts) was rewrite electoral law to ensure they get elected the next time, bought out or pushed out most of the media and spend massive amounts on lies and propaganda, I think it is fair to say that this is no longer a place where the majority decides the rules: unbridled greed for money and for power is the motivating force here.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: 00.dusk on February 01, 2017, 02:08:42 AM
This puts an article I read earlier today in a terrifying new light. Drawing parallels between Trump and the current Hungarian government under Orban.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/03/how-to-build-an-autocracy/513872/

The parallels seem sound too. I disagree with some of the points the writer makes (namely that Trumpism isn't quite fascism -- no, but neither was any other fascist government save Mussolini's, as per Umberto Eco's Ur-Fascism...) but the parallels are good, the conclusions are good, it's well written as far as I can tell.

Normally I'd say "...but let's not threadjack", but this thread seems to be going nowhere worthwhile unless xerosubaru starts making a hilarious fool of himself in public. :lulz:

preview edit: And there he goes! :lulz: What happened to this?

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 12:46:58 AMThe misogyny, homophobia and whole-scale restriction of the rights women and LGBT's in these countries with these cultures presents a real threat which has to be acknowledged.

We need to protect ourselves from evul cultures! Unless they're only harming those filthy poor folks what steal from our gubment and leeech off of the societies, then it's okay.

Yeah. We've had our mini-Trump for seven years now. Sad, but true.

nobodyhome

Quote from: Dildo Argentino on February 01, 2017, 02:23:17 AM

Why are you talking about me in the third person, mate? :)

I choose to live in Hungary, and this is most certainly not the way Hungarians chose to live. Government is infested with high-functioning sociopathic criminals. Seeing as the first thing they did after coming into power on the back of a successful populist campaign but most of all solid, nationwide dissatisfaction with the previous government (who were a bunch of corrupt losers, but nothing like the present cunts) was rewrite electoral law to ensure they get elected the next time, bought out or pushed out most of the media and spend massive amounts on lies and propaganda, I think it is fair to say that this is no longer a place where the majority decides the rules: unbridled greed for money and for power is the motivating force here.

Sorry about that. I didn't know that's where you lived?

What do people there think of Orban? (not saying you're not  a "people")