News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Post your examples of socially unjust laws which exist where you live

Started by nobodyhome, January 27, 2017, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 01, 2017, 05:14:16 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 01, 2017, 05:02:53 PM
Hell, at this point, I'd be happy with, "just pretend and act as if you weren't racist."

Yep.

Problem is, people don't think they have to pretend not to be racist anymore.

Notice how the apologists phrase it as "not needing to be politically correct in language use" anymore. When I hear this kind of line now I'm just assuming the speaker is racist, because something awful usually follows.

And what a shock, another racist clown with a yourube link for proof. I've not even looked at it but I'll bet a bollocking the source is utter shit.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

00.dusk

Cain

Because Breivik went on about it, in the context of being a tool of the Cultural Marxist Elite, I had to write about the origins of both terms for my dissertation.

Yeah.  Barrel full of crazy.  CM is basically from the LaRouche organisation, by way of paleoconservative Christian paranoia.  Perhaps ironically, LaRouche himself spends a lot of time in Russia nowadays, talking with ex-KGB people.  But I'm sure that's not why Executive Intelligence Review looks like it was edited in the Kremlin or anything  :lulz:

00.dusk

Did your own research turn up anything neat that the article I linked seems to be missing, at a skim?

Cain

hooplala

Quote from: 00.dusk on February 01, 2017, 06:21:17 PM
There's a good article on the topic of political correctness as the Enemy of the xenophobic right. Origins, what have you.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/30/political-correctness-how-the-right-invented-phantom-enemy-donald-trump

Good article. Lately when people criticize PC-ness in front of me I simply ask them what they mean by that term, and continue to ask questions about their answers until they lay bare their shifty reasons for being against it.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 01, 2017, 05:24:41 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 01, 2017, 05:14:16 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 01, 2017, 05:02:53 PM
Hell, at this point, I'd be happy with, "just pretend and act as if you weren't racist."

Yep.

Problem is, people don't think they have to pretend not to be racist anymore.

Notice how the apologists phrase it as "not needing to be politically correct in language use" anymore. When I hear this kind of line now I'm just assuming the speaker is racist, because something awful usually follows.

And what a shock, another racist clown with a yourube link for proof. I've not even looked at it but I'll bet a bollocking the source is utter shit.

"Yourube" cracked me up. So perfect. :lol:

And yes, solid points, both.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

nobodyhome

It strikes me as rather lazy to just engage in name-calling every time someone disagrees with someone.

How do we know the person who just called someone a name isn't the embodiment of the epithet themselves?

We don't.

It reminds me of a story...

The year was 1948, as I recall, and Lyndon was running about 10 points behind, with only nine days to go.... He was sunk in despair. He was desperate. And it was just before noon on a Monday, they say, when he called his equally depressed campaign manager and instructed him to call a press conference at two or two-thirty (just after lunch on a slow news day) and accuse his high-riding opponent (the pig farmer) of having routine carnal knowledge of his barnyard sows, despite the pleas of his wife and children....

His campaign manager was shocked. "We can't say that, Lyndon," he said. "It's not true."

"Of course it's not," Johnson barked at him, "but let's make the bastard deny it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You see, though, you are not a political opponent, and all we have to judge you on is the content of your posts and what you offer in support of your assertions, which so far have been racist as fuck.

So there's that.

There is little point in reading or responding to you further, as the evidence so far indicates that you have nothing of intellectual value to offer.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on February 01, 2017, 06:56:20 PM
There's a good article on the topic of political correctness as the Enemy of the xenophobic right. Origins, what have you.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/30/political-correctness-how-the-right-invented-phantom-enemy-donald-trump

Good article. Lately when people criticize PC-ness in front of me I simply ask them what they mean by that term, and continue to ask questions about their answers until they lay bare their shifty reasons for being against it.

They always do, unless they get stuck in a loop.

nobodyhome

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 01, 2017, 11:11:57 PM
You see, though, you are not a political opponent, and all we have to judge you on is the content of your posts and what you offer in support of your assertions, which so far have been racist as fuck.

So there's that.

There is little point in reading or responding to you further, as the evidence so far indicates that you have nothing of intellectual value to offer.

So you feel completely justified.

Good for you.

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 01, 2017, 11:12:41 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on February 01, 2017, 06:56:20 PM

They always do, unless they get stuck in a loop.

It generally doesn't take very long either. I'm getting the impression most people who are against PC talk genuinely think the stuff they say which is un-PC is banal, but it always has some component of "otherness", be it a race thing or handicapped or whathaveyou. Basically a lot of people liked it when they felt justified saying whatever the fuck they wanted about anyone without any repercussions. I realize I'm not staying anything everyone here doesn't know already, except maybe xero, but... yeah.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 11:15:00 PM

So there's that.

Good for you.

Yo, actions have consequences... and right now the consequences for thought and speech like yours are sort of what we're trying to work against. We are all for open talk here, but if it seems like you are digging in your heels over this kind of behavior, don't be surprised if you end up not being very popular. 

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Salty

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 11:15:00 PM

So there's that.

Good for you.

Huh, that's weird, you feel persecuted (which would require justification), yet you also are being treated as an equal under the rules of the board.

HUH.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.