Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Post your examples of socially unjust laws which exist where you live

Started by nobodyhome, January 27, 2017, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nobodyhome

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2017, 02:15:20 AM
Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 02:01:47 AM
I wouldn't choose to live in Hungary, however that's they way they decided to live.

It's up to them to choose to live differently insofar as they are able if they wish to.

V tb qbja ba fgenl qbtf va cnexvat ybgf sbe orre zbarl.

Really? Odd.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 03:00:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2017, 02:15:20 AM
I wouldn't choose to live in Hungary, however that's they way they decided to live.

It's up to them to choose to live differently insofar as they are able if they wish to.

V tb qbja ba fgenl qbtf va cnexvat ybgf sbe orre zbarl.

I am a Nazi pigfucker.

Really?  How odd.

You want to play fuckaround with each other's words, you little shit, we can do that all day.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 02:56:22 AM
Quote from: Dildo Argentino on February 01, 2017, 02:23:17 AM

Why are you talking about me in the third person, mate? :)

I choose to live in Hungary, and this is most certainly not the way Hungarians chose to live. Government is infested with high-functioning sociopathic criminals. Seeing as the first thing they did after coming into power on the back of a successful populist campaign but most of all solid, nationwide dissatisfaction with the previous government (who were a bunch of corrupt losers, but nothing like the present cunts) was rewrite electoral law to ensure they get elected the next time, bought out or pushed out most of the media and spend massive amounts on lies and propaganda, I think it is fair to say that this is no longer a place where the majority decides the rules: unbridled greed for money and for power is the motivating force here.

Sorry about that. I didn't know that's where you lived?

er... the fact that my examples were all Hungarian laws... never mind... nice of you to care, but don't be sorry: living dangerously in a fledling dictatorship is my idea of fun!

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 02:56:22 AM
What do people there think of Orban? (not saying you're not  a "people")

Why do you ask? He has a minority that support him strongly: many of them are now vassals of his clan and simply support him out of fear for their livelihoods, while the rest are people who are stupid enough to be taken in by his extremely primitive xenophobic, chauvinistic propaganda. There is I think now a strong current of displeasure in the extremely passive and largely quite poor majority who don't even vote. There's a chance Mr Orbán's 'regime' will end spectacularly and abruptly in the next few years. The sad thing is, there isn't anyone even remotely qualified to head this country who's actually interested in the job. The single very small party in Parliament with anything like a reasonable programme has around 1.5 percent of the popular vote :)
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Cain

Forcing everyone to read xerosaburu's posts would be socially unjust.

nobodyhome

00.dusk

Quote from: Cain on February 01, 2017, 03:42:43 AM
Forcing everyone to read xerosaburu's posts would be socially unjust.

I don't have anything to add. This sums this entire topic up.

There are, true, people who have good things to say on the subject. But xerosubaru's very presence makes me want to just smear vomit and feces on the walls to spite the little bastard. Anything else I want to type right now devolves into what "my kind" like to do to "his kind". I'll let him have his gruesome internet skullfucking from a distance for now, and reminisce about the places I've been where maintenance crews go in armed and with a coroner on speed dial.

tyrannosaurus vex

disclaimer: I know this is pointless and I'm probably just encouraging the troll, but I can't help myself.

Quote from: xerosaburu on February 01, 2017, 12:46:58 AM
It's not racist to show that certain cultures have increased the crime rate in certain countries.

[1] Racism is about race, not culture.

[2] The misogyny, homophobia and whole-scale restriction of the rights women and LGBT's in these countries with these cultures presents a real threat which has to be acknowledged.

[3] That's not racism.

[4] But then again, I rather suspected this sort of reaction from some.

[5] It makes me wonder how anyone would be able to argue successfully for not being something.

[6] I'm thinking to myself here...How would someone prove that they weren't a racist?

1. Unless "culture" is shorthand for race, in which case you're not fooling anybody.

2. This sort of statement does two things. First, it declares that modern, liberal, Western multicultural democracy is fragile and unable to withstand the integration of people originating from places where such multiculturalism and tolerance is less common, thus exposing your view that multiculturalism is inherently weak and worthy of scorn. This is non-negotiable, as any objection from you on this point would, logically, implode your entire argument that these "cultures are dangerous". Second, it attempts to pin "culture" on a demographic of people such that individuals become inseparable from the traditions of their forebears with complete disregard for the fact, proven time and again (and again and again) historically that migrating peoples when joining a tolerant multicultural democratic society tend to retain their distinct cultural identity and traditions while discarding the less palatable traditions and forms of government to which you object. This has happened countless times in wave after wave of immigration to America, and there is no reason to expect it would stop now.

3. It is racism, because you are identifying groups of people from "somewhere else" as inseparable from their "barbaric ways". Since race itself is a genetic fiction, the only marker of distinction between different groups of people is culture. Thus, when you say a "culture" is dangerous, you are doing exactly the same thing they used to do when they were shit-talking the Irish or the Italians or African-Americans, except you're trying to skirt the issue by pretending you're not referring to "race". And you think the rest of us are the kind of idiots who won't see that.

4. As well you should. Because people who know what you're talking about and the context in which you are talking better than you do will tend to have predictable reactions to your nonsense, along the lines of "fuck off Nazi pigfucker". These people are, in fact, correct.

5 and 6. If you find yourself having to prove you're not a racist, you are generally already boned.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Sung Low

Xenoturdburger is clearly one of those  alt-right spackbags.

Should anymore consideration be given?

As was said elsewhere, either he is a deluded 'edgelord', or he actually believes that nonsense. Either way...

The d key has chosen to absent itself

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sung Low on February 01, 2017, 05:42:10 AM

Nope.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

00.dusk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2017, 06:10:36 AM
Quote from: Sung Low on February 01, 2017, 05:42:10 AM

Nope.

I'd personally give consideration to the form of beating best suited to his ideological derangement, but that's mostly because minced fascist turns me on.

Whole and intact fascist is just wasted fun.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm thinking to myself here...How would someone prove that they weren't a racist?

Well, this thread explains that one, I guess.

I can't remember who it was who said this, but if you have to ask, you're probably racist. It's sort of like starting with "I'm not racist, but..."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: V3X on February 01, 2017, 04:13:49 AM
disclaimer: I know this is pointless and I'm probably just encouraging the troll, but I can't help myself.

It's not racist to show that certain cultures have increased the crime rate in certain countries.

[1] Racism is about race, not culture.

[2] The misogyny, homophobia and whole-scale restriction of the rights women and LGBT's in these countries with these cultures presents a real threat which has to be acknowledged.

[3] That's not racism.

[4] But then again, I rather suspected this sort of reaction from some.

[5] It makes me wonder how anyone would be able to argue successfully for not being something.

[6] I'm thinking to myself here...How would someone prove that they weren't a racist?

1. Unless "culture" is shorthand for race, in which case you're not fooling anybody.

2. This sort of statement does two things. First, it declares that modern, liberal, Western multicultural democracy is fragile and unable to withstand the integration of people originating from places where such multiculturalism and tolerance is less common, thus exposing your view that multiculturalism is inherently weak and worthy of scorn. This is non-negotiable, as any objection from you on this point would, logically, implode your entire argument that these "cultures are dangerous". Second, it attempts to pin "culture" on a demographic of people such that individuals become inseparable from the traditions of their forebears with complete disregard for the fact, proven time and again (and again and again) historically that migrating peoples when joining a tolerant multicultural democratic society tend to retain their distinct cultural identity and traditions while discarding the less palatable traditions and forms of government to which you object. This has happened countless times in wave after wave of immigration to America, and there is no reason to expect it would stop now.

3. It is racism, because you are identifying groups of people from "somewhere else" as inseparable from their "barbaric ways". Since race itself is a genetic fiction, the only marker of distinction between different groups of people is culture. Thus, when you say a "culture" is dangerous, you are doing exactly the same thing they used to do when they were shit-talking the Irish or the Italians or African-Americans, except you're trying to skirt the issue by pretending you're not referring to "race". And you think the rest of us are the kind of idiots who won't see that.

4. As well you should. Because people who know what you're talking about and the context in which you are talking better than you do will tend to have predictable reactions to your nonsense, along the lines of "fuck off Nazi pigfucker". These people are, in fact, correct.

5 and 6. If you find yourself having to prove you're not a racist, you are generally already boned.

Aaaaaannnnnd Vex nails it.

LMNO

Hell, at this point, I'd be happy with, "just pretend and act as if you weren't racist."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on February 01, 2017, 05:02:53 PM
Hell, at this point, I'd be happy with, "just pretend and act as if you weren't racist."

Yep.

Problem is, people don't think they have to pretend not to be racist anymore.