Post your examples of socially unjust laws which exist where you live

Started by nobodyhome, January 27, 2017, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 29, 2017, 12:46:44 AM
Quote from: xerosaburu on January 28, 2017, 04:03:21 PM

When I think of social justice, I think of it in the general sense. That all people should be allowed equal treatment under the law, whether these be considered "just laws" or "unjust laws". If all people are treated the same the the laws of the land, then in my view "social justice" has taken place.

Then you do not believe in social justice and are in fact a shitlord.

Do I get points for this flounce, since I was the first one to call names in this thread?

LMNO

Because I'm That GuyTM, I went back and looked.

OP didn't have any clarity to the question.

The board followed up with at least 13 specific examples.

Only then did he say, "well, let's define our terms".

Three more examples using those terms.

Then someone pointed out that the definition he gave excludes the generally accepted definition of social justice, and suggested he was a shitlord.

The thread continued as one expects it would, with none of the examples being addressed, and varying degrees of posterior damage.

Then, a Flounce post about how he likes throwing out controversial topics and discussing them, without acknowledging that none of the point we were willing to discuss were addressed by him.

If he was still around, I'd point as a good example of the right way to do this Nigel's thread about race.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on February 03, 2017, 04:24:13 PM
Because I'm That GuyTM, I went back and looked.

OP didn't have any clarity to the question.

The board followed up with at least 13 specific examples.

Only then did he say, "well, let's define our terms".

Three more examples using those terms.

Then someone pointed out that the definition he gave excludes the generally accepted definition of social justice, and suggested he was a shitlord.

The thread continued as one expects it would, with none of the examples being addressed, and varying degrees of posterior damage.

Then, a Flounce post about how he likes throwing out controversial topics and discussing them, without acknowledging that none of the point we were willing to discuss were addressed by him.

If he was still around, I'd point as a good example of the right way to do this Nigel's thread about race.

Accurate summary.

He appears to have come here wanting validation for his bad ideas. It's always telling when they are clearly trying to lead you down a path and throw a wobbler if you won't follow them. Since he couldn't get validation, he took his ball and went home.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Which is a relief for everyone, given that his ball was made of shit and nobody wanted to touch it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

I'm sure the next libertarian racist will be MUCH more interesting!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman