Discreet Redirection of Resources and Workforce

Started by POFP, February 08, 2017, 10:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

I wasn't sure if this would be considered a project for OMF, or an "Original Idea." I figured since I didn't consider it to be a prank, it was more likely to be in this Section.

From what I can tell, it appears that there are plenty of people who are willing to fight for Justice. Everything from social equality, to Community Organizations based on helping the poor. It also appears that there are plenty of people with money who are willing to donate to charities that support the aforementioned organizations. What seems to be lacking is organization of these people and resources.

I suspect that massive strides can be made in terms of Socioeconomic Justice if people with the Will to fight were given a direction to send their Will. I see massive rallies and protests all around the country, but almost nothing actually getting done. I see organizations lacking resources to enforce change, and resources without an organization to put them to use.

I wanna know if it's possible to network these organizations and resources in a way that makes it easy for new people looking for ways to make a difference to find a way in. I don't wanna see an organization with a good idea sitting on the connections necessary to make change, only being held back by the fact that no one knows a damned thing about them, or that they have no way of putting themselves out there.

Don't even mention Facebook. It gives people the opportunity, not the actual push to join anything.

In theory, the following steps can lead to a successful campaign:

Step 1) Set a Clear and Achievable Goal

Step 2) Gather the Will™
- This means that you make a list of all the people and groups of people that clearly support your Goal.

Step 3) Gather the Way™
- This means that you make a list of all of the Organizations that require people, or Charities with plenty of money and no direction or application. Any organization that lacks people, money, or resources in general. Keep in mind that the goals of the organizations or charities must match, or at least coincide with your own.

Step 4) Bridge the Will™ and the Way™
- This means that you put each organization or charity within linguistic proximity of people/resources that it requires. Maybe you find a hopeless romantic within the organization, and write a piece that gives them both inspiration, and a direction to look for support that you've found for them.
- Get the Will™ and the Way™ in contact with each other by any means you can think of. Create a line of communication and their inspiration will take over and build their relationship.
- Most importantly, make sure you're a part of the communications without them knowing it. Weasel your way into the line of communication by posing as someone within either the organization or group of people/supporters. This ensures that you have the ability to direct them away from each other in the event that one of the parties is corrupt, or simply counterproductive.
- Make sure that all communications between you and either or both parties is completely anonymous. They shouldn't be able to point at any single person as the cause of their union.

I would kick this idea into high gear if I had the time and means, but I'm simply too busy. I want my idea to make things happen, but I don't know if I'll be the one to implement it.

If someone wants to take this in another direction that seems more effective, please do. Any details that should be added should be discussed, as it is a simplified idea with little in the way of methodology, at least in the way that I've presented it.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Eh, I think you underestimate the power and value of social media, including Facebook, as fucked up as it is. Recently-elected City Councilwoman Chloe Eudaly emerged as a political leader via a Facebook group she started called "That's a goddamn purple shed". Unlikely heroes, right?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 09, 2017, 12:26:55 AM
Eh, I think you underestimate the power and value of social media, including Facebook, as fucked up as it is. Recently-elected City Councilwoman Chloe Eudaly emerged as a political leader via a Facebook group she started called "That's a goddamn purple shed". Unlikely heroes, right?

Oh, don't get me wrong, there are people who look for stuff like that on Facebook. But the people that we want involved in our goals aren't going to be looking for their inspiration to change the world in Facebook.

I mean, obviously the groups/organizations may use Facebook however they see fit, as they always would. But the Bridge, as a form of external contact, must be through more direct, more powerful means. Once the two groups/organizations are mingling and building their relationships, they will likely use Social Media for their basic advertising and networking. That's all fine and dandy.

But the PUSH to join or communicate, that inspiration has to be brought on through something more sincere. Whether it's targeted ads, a direct, anonymous letter, or a series of seemingly direct emails from various people referring the person to whatever organization or group you want them to contact.

If you just point someone to the Facebook page, there's still a disconnect between the target and their goal. If you get them in direct contact with the organization, and give the organization a half-expectancy to expect that contact, then it makes the communication more inspiring and effective. You want the target to feel like they've just stepped on a gold mine. Like they've just made the first step in starting a revolution.

Also, I kinda wanna look up that Group, but I feel like there's more comedy in the mystery and lack of context of the title of the Facebook Group.  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, you just basically want people to advocate for volunteering with local NGOs?

I'm down with that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 09, 2017, 01:42:12 AM
So, you just basically want people to advocate for volunteering with local NGOs?

I'm down with that.

Essentially, yes. But I think the inspiration requires great writers, of which there are plenty on this forum. When I get a chance, I will start making a list of nearby NGOs, and start networking myself with people who have an interest in change. I will find out as much as I can about the people and the NGOs, and see if I can write something that you guys think will be inspirational enough. Methodology is key, as it determines how strongly the idea sticks.

We want this inspiration to explode out from the target, and infect those around them. I wanna turn these rallies and protests into actual work.

Ziegejunge

My memory fails me, but I think it was on these boards that I first a the sentiment along the lines of "Random acts of kindness are nice, but what we really need are systemic acts of kindness," based on the premise that so many unsavory acts themselves are systemic and not randomized.

Apologies to whomever said it originally, but this thread certainly brought it back to mind.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Ziegejunge on February 09, 2017, 07:21:08 PM
My memory fails me, but I think it was on these boards that I first a the sentiment along the lines of "Random acts of kindness are nice, but what we really need are systemic acts of kindness," based on the premise that so many unsavory acts themselves are systemic and not randomized.

Apologies to whomever said it originally, but this thread certainly brought it back to mind.

Got it:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ziegejunge

Thanks, Q.G.! You're more reliable than my own memory, and you can put that on your resume! (for what it's worth)  :)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Ziegejunge on February 10, 2017, 08:40:15 PM
Thanks, Q.G.! You're more reliable than my own memory, and you can put that on your resume! (for what it's worth)  :)

I absolutely do not. Part of the Holy Nonsense work is manipulating texts and layouts over and over so I actually remember anything.