News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Which age are we in?

Started by rumbletheory, February 12, 2017, 06:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which age are we in?

VERWIRRUNG
3 (25%)
ZWEITRACHT
1 (8.3%)
UNORDNUNG
0 (0%)
BEAMTENHERRSCHAFT
3 (25%)
GRUMMET
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

rumbletheory

Reference: http://www.e-reading.club/chapter.php/71401/43/Wilson%2C_Shea_-_The_Illuminatus%21_Trilogy.html

When I read this part I couldn't decide if we're in Grummet, because either there's an upsurge of clowns or I'm just becoming one and that is changing my subjective experience, beamtenherrschaft, because of all the paperwork in the world, or Unordnung, because I believe after 2021 there where be a short-lived upsurge in digital paperwork.
There is also the  possibility that we have passed the singularity and all ages are happening at once?

Salty

Welcome, New Guy!

Be sure to check out the pool on the roof. Also, don't be shy, I know you aren't, check out the Intro Thread.

We aren't your typical Discordian sect.

You know how there's always a group of radicals in any religion who disrupt things, are generally mean and demanding, and probably should not be a representative sample of that religion?

That's us.

As for the OP, I don't know. Sort of Agnostic in regard to that sort of thing.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

MMIX

Which age are we in?
well I'm in my dotage if that's any help. Also, I don't read German or RAW so I guess I'm not your target audience  :(
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

The Aftermath definitely. I've ascertained it's about an 80 year cycle; at least in the States. Go back 80 years and fascism was rising. 80 years before that the Civil War. 80 years before that the revolution.

EDIT:
And what the heck is up with Google Translate? Why can it translate aftermath to grummet but not grummet to aftermath?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

NeonWytch

Deffos aftermath. Destructive chaos is, frankly, at obnoxious levels.
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Salty

Having given this matter some thought:

WE LIVE IN THE AGE OF HORRORMIRTH.

YOUR IDEAS ABOUT DISCORDIA AND THE WORLD AT LARGE ARE NOW USELESS.

Oh, I am sorry, you thought some moldy old jokes written by a dude who died in a shack by the edge of the woods after years of Government LSD dosing was going to HELP YOU.

I take it back, I am NOT sorry. If you assumed Discordia was going to laugh at your electronic-whoopie-cushions and pat you on the back for thinking with your Pineal Gland you were deliciously DOING IT WRONG.

Your life as a thinking meatbag is over. Done. Finished. What you have left is FEELINGS so you better god damn well leverage them as best you can. Your Pineal Gland isn't the only useless lump of squishy, moist meat inside your skull.

This Age will require a strong stomach and a total lack of gag reflex. It will require all the shit those idiot preppers are hoarding. It will require The Ultimate Blood Sacrifice every Thursday afternoon.

Of course, none of that is true.

You will absolutely need your brain for the coming Dark Times. Eris don't suffer no fools, which is incredibly unfortunate for the likes of us. There will be no room for error in the Age of Horrormirth. Or, more accurately, there will only be room for error. Error is now the default, and that's the perfect environment for your stupid meat-body.

You may be stupidly wondering: "How did we get here?"

My stupid answer is: We always WERE here. It's always been this way. We who are fortunate enough to stave off the natural Horrormirth found in all small corners of the world using the old currency, blood and toil of those not us, are coming to the natural end of this same, tired cycle.

My advice: learn how to stop yelling, it only attracts vultures. Also, get a good hat.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hot damn, you really are Salty.

:mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

:monkeydance: :monkeydance:SO SAYETH THE SALTY!       :monkeydance: :monkeydance:  :monkeydance: 
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Holy fuck Salty can I use that?

Salty

Q. G. Pennyworth

What name/title do you want on this?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Salty will do fine, thank you.

Salty

Q. G. Pennyworth