News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Which age are we in?

Started by rumbletheory, February 12, 2017, 06:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which age are we in?

VERWIRRUNG
3 (25%)
ZWEITRACHT
1 (8.3%)
UNORDNUNG
0 (0%)
BEAMTENHERRSCHAFT
3 (25%)
GRUMMET
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think it's time for a new testament.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

We could call it "The Next Testament". The Old Testament , the New Testament, and the Next Testament has a nice flow to it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Wouldn't the new testament of discordianism be the books of the subgenius?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Salty

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 19, 2017, 05:00:08 PM
Wouldn't the new testament of discordianism be the books of the subgenius?

/
:requia:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

That's very nice, thank you, OG. I fixed a typo so it reads "and a lack..."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Salty on February 19, 2017, 05:12:21 PM

Replaced with the new version. Any other changes?

Salty

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 19, 2017, 06:34:21 PM
Quote from: Salty on February 19, 2017, 05:12:21 PM

Replaced with the new version. Any other changes?

I don't think so, thank you!

Hermit of Empty Chaos

We are in the current age, interesting question.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hermit of Empty Chaos on May 05, 2017, 09:39:48 PM

Maybe you are.  My neighbor is in 1850, and I'm 20 years from now.  Without the impending horrible economic and climate implosion, I mean.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2017, 06:14:11 AM
Quote from: Hermit of Empty Chaos on May 05, 2017, 09:39:48 PM

Maybe you are.  My neighbor is in 1850, and I'm 20 years from now.  Without the impending horrible economic and climate implosion, I mean.

I'm not worried about global warming. We'll have a nuclear war long before it starts to cause problems in earnest. Then things will get nice and cold again.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Telarus

:mittens: Glad to see the synergy's still here.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Personally, I love the 5-season cycle.

Each season has its own features, its own tools, its own escape scenario

My two cents says:

If something is in the season of Chaos, recognize the potential energy there. Be mindful of the law of unintended consequences - during the prenatal form of any structure/idea/community/etc, the idea isn't fully formed yet. Random things can kick it in any direction.

If we are in the season of Confusion, disorder reigns. Stuff needs structure or it will die.

If we are living in Discord--in pre-bureaucratic times--- it is the eve of Order taking over. So as Discordians, we usually hit the brakes, we try to prevent order from dominating and becoming a bureaucracy.

If we are living in the season of Bureaucracy, we build for Aftermath, we work on the systems that will replace Bureaucracy. We often work via acceleration, bring the pimple to the surface, intensifying the order until it is unpalatable (this is the same mechanism that Satire uses)

and that when you recognize an Aftermath moment, savor it, appreciate it. The waves have broken and are rolling back into the sea.

Mr. Gone

KhaosIsKey420

'May chaos break the rules that bind'