News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

A different view of consciousness

Started by waechter418, February 13, 2017, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waechter418

Considering the rapid disintegration of our traditional reference frameworks, it seems about time for everyone to design his own.

Here are some suggestions

https://waechter418.wordpress.com/

Salty

You, sir, need an editor:

QuoteIn 2750, an Egyptian priest of Ptah paraphrased it like this:

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Eeeeehhhhhhhh

QuoteWill is absolute – unless subjected to moral & purpose, or otherwise fixed in time/space.

This doesn't really mean anything. It's newage word salad, so is most of what I read.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Someone has read enough occult and academic writing to try to parrot the style without understanding the content. Wanna-be gurus tend to make this mistake a lot.

QuoteIt is not known if the priests realized that thereby they fixed the contraries too, or if they feared losing their prosperous pantheon-managements, when they exiled this so called "Aton" to (or with) the Israeli tribes, whom he henceforth ruled under the term JHVH.

STOP ABUSING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE LIKE THIS. Learn2make sense pls.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Brotep

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 13, 2017, 07:27:43 PM
Someone has read enough occult and academic writing to try to parrot the style without understanding the content. Wanna-be gurus tend to make this mistake a lot.

QuoteIt is not known if the priests realized that thereby they fixed the contraries too, or if they feared losing their prosperous pantheon-managements, when they exiled this so called "Aton" to (or with) the Israeli tribes, whom he henceforth ruled under the term JHVH.

To be fair, plenty of occult and academic writing is likewise devoid of content. But yes.

The Wizard Joseph

Yeah... this is a bunch of half-assed wordplay that basically takes a bunch of moldy old Crowley jenkem and blows it into frothy bubbles to sell as a milkshake.

Read all ten of the first section.

Don't recommend. The "Self" isn't all that important. All things change. Survival goes not to the "strong" but to the fortunate and adaptable.

I recommend that you find another hobby.

Also this.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Brotep on February 13, 2017, 07:41:21 PM

To be fair, plenty of occult and academic writing is likewise devoid of content. But yes.

This is also true. The amount of jargoneering that you can find in psychology textbooks actually reminds me of this; I think that many psychology writers are so desperately insecure about the "soft" nature of their field that they overcompensate by shrouding relatively simple hypotheses and findings, or flat-out speculation, in a mess of unnecessary jargon and overly elaborate explanations. They think it lends their writing an air of credibility, but they're wrong. Adding more bullshit doesn't cover up the bullshit, it just makes it stinkier and harder to dig through.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."