News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Go Mindfuck Yourself (multiple formats)

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, July 03, 2017, 03:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

A new layout for one from the Et Cetera Discordia. I did this before with a blue background but I've been hating on it for a while so here's the better version. Two pdf attachments here! The booklet is for print only. Duplex, flip on short side, fold in half for pretty propaganda. The other pdf is suitable for online viewing, or printing single sided for postering.

The images here are from the online/poster order.

The Good Reverend Roger

I like this.  I am unsure about the bolded/other font words.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I really wish the clip art of that guy didn't cut off his book. I'm tempted to add it back in in photoshop but that's a lot of work for a minor quibble.

Ziegejunge

Synchronicity would lead me to this on a day during which I'm contemplating personal purpose and impetus.

Thanks for this assembly, QG!

Cramulus

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 03, 2017, 06:25:06 PM
I like this.  I am unsure about the bolded/other font words.

I didn't address this properly before.

The title font I'm pretty happy with and probably not going to change, but I get why it's not everyone's cup of tea. The other font ones are part of a dumb game I've been playing with the fonts to tie a couple themes together across different essays.

• The Strange Times is done in that font (with some added frills) in The Strange Times essay, and I think I've done it up this way a few other places.
  • The Dangers of Modern Living is referenced in that essay, and I chose the highway gothic font (literally the font used for signs on highways in the US) as a representative of unthinking/uncreative Order* there and here.
  • Breathe is the text font from Breathe, which is one of my favorites and one of the more important ones IMO for the Revolution theme. The font itself is Sugarcane, and it's pretty bad but it matches the tone of that piece and the aesthetic of the barbelith/lungs image, so I'm pretty hung up on it.

I know the worst thing you can do to a joke is explain it, but I didn't want you to think I was brushing off the criticism casually. I've got my dumb reasons for shit sometimes.

*The story of how our highways ended up with that font I find amusing, and I was super excited about Clearview when they started rolling it out, but now Clearview's fallen out of favor and I don't know what's going to happen with our signs.

KhaosIsKey420

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 03, 2017, 03:09:06 PM
A new layout for one from the Et Cetera Discordia. I did this before with a blue background but I've been hating on it for a while so here's the better version. Two pdf attachments here! The booklet is for print only. Duplex, flip on short side, fold in half for pretty propaganda. The other pdf is suitable for online viewing, or printing single sided for postering.

The images here are from the online/poster order.

Interesting.
'May chaos break the rules that bind'

POFP

This is awesome. This is the kinda stuff that would've trapped my attention and led me down a rabbit hole at any point within the last 8 years, assuming I didn't already know of Discordianism. Good work to QG, Cram, and anyone else I may have missed!
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.