News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

is Discordianism alt right? I'm confused

Started by IPunchNazis, February 21, 2017, 04:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

IPunchNazis

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Salty

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 21, 2017, 05:34:16 PM
No one is driving this bus, mate.

Not true.  It's just that the bus caught fire because it's electric.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2017, 05:37:56 PM
Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 21, 2017, 05:25:00 PM
What's the goal?

Good question.  Everyone Discordias differently.  My Discordia is different than Nigel's, which is different than Roger's, which is different than P3nt's, etc ad nauseum.

Your Discordia appears to be quite singular, and involves punching Nazis.  If that's your goal, then there's your answer.

My goal is of course superior.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

I'm still trying to find my own Discordia.

Thing is, I haven't even been tempted to look for it anywhere near the Alt-Right.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

IPunchNazis

00.dusk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2017, 02:54:02 AM
Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2017, 05:37:56 PM
Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 21, 2017, 05:25:00 PM
What's the goal?

Good question.  Everyone Discordias differently.  My Discordia is different than Nigel's, which is different than Roger's, which is different than P3nt's, etc ad nauseum.

Your Discordia appears to be quite singular, and involves punching Nazis.  If that's your goal, then there's your answer.

My goal is of course superior.
Our collective Discordia is always to incidentally support the Rain God's personal Discordia.
There is no other True Path.

Faust

Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 22, 2017, 06:31:19 AM
FUCK the alt-right
Why do you care about the alt right? It's basically the same as the regular right but with recycled memes and more racism.
Sleepless nights at the chateau