News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

is Discordianism alt right? I'm confused

Started by IPunchNazis, February 21, 2017, 04:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Gone

Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 22, 2017, 04:25:14 PM
that's funny, I get it it's all about confusion

Guess my post topic title makes sense now

No it makes sense perfectly.

Cramulus

Alright let me put on my goggles. The "IPunchNazis" character is playing on the recent liberal uptick in antifascist violence. Essentially, satirizing the enthusiastic liberal nazi puncher who is swept up by the chest pumping tribal machismo which antifascism lets him express  dot dot dot, implying antifascist violence is more or less equivalent to fascism, dot dot dot, liberals are cuck hypocrites who only take a moral high ground against certain kinds of violence, etc etc. Okay that's basically the end point, right?

I merit there might be bait here for that argument. I would be curious to hear what the person playing this character thinks the proper use of violence is, like, how do you distinguish between "good" and "bad" violence? I would love to have that talk but I think they need the mask, so all we get is this kinda uninspired caricature troll.

eh what can you do

Quote from: Salty on February 22, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 22, 2017, 02:11:24 AM
Quote from: Freeky on February 22, 2017, 01:56:39 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 22, 2017, 01:49:16 AM
Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 22, 2017, 01:21:33 AM
what do you mean "you people"

What do you mean "mean"?

What do you mean "do?"

What do you mean "What"?

Quote from: Salty on February 21, 2017, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 21, 2017, 05:25:00 PM
What's the goal? Are you just fighting yourselves then?

Is this all pretend or what.

It's all come full circle.

:lulz: :lulz:

INTELLIGENCE_BOT

For the record, "Discordianism" and "Alt-Right" are in two very separate file cabinets, on two different floors, at opposite ends of a very large building. In fact there are no security keys in the entire Agency that allow access to both locations simultaneously. So, no, Discordianism is not Alt-Right. Believe me, if anyone would know, it's us.

POST AUTHORIZATION KP-◼◼◼◼-7◼◼

Bathtub Jim

Philosophy and religion can be a foundation for concrete politics, but philosophy and religion are not political views, even in theocracies, because politics requires interpreting something subjective and making it objective by placing the ethereal into the material world.
Opossums have opposable thumbs

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cain

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 21, 2017, 04:55:27 PM
I saw a lot of reports about the alt right being run by Chaos magic and a group called Discordians like http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/11/25/hell-comes-to-frogtown-alt-right-and-triumph-of-transhumanism/ and I thought I might come here to find out whats going on

I tried the chatroom and it was boring and weird, but I lurked for a while here and most of the posts are against Trump/Nazis

so I thought it was alll just a clever ruse

Am I in the right place? Or not.

I JUST WANT TO PUNCH NAZIS!  :argh!:

Not wingnuts here. Mostly libtards in fact. On this site at any rate. Though there were those two or three guys a while back.

EDIT:

I'd like to add a few things:

You may have also noticed, as I have, the similarities between Donald Trump and the SubGenius messiah J. Robert "BOB" Dobbs, but you must understand that the SubGenius church portrays "BOB" not as someone who is good (he's described in their literature as both "vile" and "incredibly stupid"), but rather as someone who has so many things going wrong that they all cancel each other out, like the play-within-a-play from The Producers or the "three stooges syndrome" that afflicts Monty Burns on The Simpsons.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

minuspace

Despite attempt to not argue with idiocy of OP's query, I must interject. However vast the generosity of Discordia may be, this always includes a level understanding of the PNC. That makes the "alternative" right something also at odds with itself.

Now, please to resolve inconsistencies elsewhere.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

KhaosIsKey420

'May chaos break the rules that bind'

KhaosIsKey420

Quote from: LMNO on February 21, 2017, 05:37:56 PM
What's the goal?

Good question.  Everyone Discordias differently.  My Discordia is different than Nigel's, which is different than Roger's, which is different than P3nt's, etc ad nauseum.

Your Discordia appears to be quite singular, and involves punching Nazis.  If that's your goal, then there's your answer.

i like this answer i find it amusing
'May chaos break the rules that bind'

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: KhaosIsKey420 on July 26, 2017, 04:29:45 AM
What's the goal?

Good question.  Everyone Discordias differently.  My Discordia is different than Nigel's, which is different than Roger's, which is different than P3nt's, etc ad nauseum.

Your Discordia appears to be quite singular, and involves punching Nazis.  If that's your goal, then there's your answer.

mhmm.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 26, 2017, 05:44:34 AM
Quote from: KhaosIsKey420 on July 26, 2017, 04:29:45 AM
What's the goal?

mhmm.
Sic
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

POFP

Discordianism is writing a shopping list that contains nothing except "clown shoes, The Minority Report, 3 gallons of vegetable oil, and a pissed off raccoon", storing said list on a flash drive, and storing that flash drive in your office's bathroom stall in an envelope that says "Executive Office Party Memo."

Discordianism is finding every possible way to point out that the world is a WEIRD FUCKING PLACE, full of WEIRD FUCKING PEOPLE, with WEIRD FUCKING lives.

Discordianism is not nice at all.

Discordianism is a bus where the driver is a piece of paper with "I O U" written on it, and all the passengers are cats with monocles laughing at pictures of people wearing ordinary clothes.

Discordianism is beating philosophers with bar stools and marketing wankers with bar graphs.

Discordianism is knowing that even the most serious, aggressive, and effective commander or leader of any kind is full of shit.

Discordianism is knowing that when that shit is released from their bowels, their face becomes hilariously distorted in some incredibly embarrassing way, just like every other person on this planet.

Discordianism is knowing that it's that shit that makes the flowers grow.

Discordianism is knowing that embarrassment breeds humility, and that humility beckons sympathy and understanding.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Telarus

:redneck2: :wank: :notnice:

Those are the emotes you end up with when you try to click :"notnice": while the rest load.  :horrormirth:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!