News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Introductions, Part VI: Welcome to Our PD Party

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 22, 2017, 02:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Hello.  Assuming you're not a google-spider thing or a wrathful ex-member seeking your glorious revenge, there are a few things you need to know, and a few things we need to know.  I'll start with what we need to know:

1.  Who the hell are you, and how did you find this place?  You're a cop, right?  Yeah you are.  Or you're wearing a wire.  I can smell that shit, and you are most definitely some kind of spy for government agencies that never heard of us and wouldn't care if they did.  Fess up.

2.  Why on Earth would you join a religion that worships a Greek God...And not just ANY Greek God, but the one all the OTHER Greek Gods thought was a troublemaker?  You're just asking for it, you know.

3.  Do you know any good recipes?  Because we have a section for that, and I'm trying to learn to cook.

Now, what you need to know:

1.  We've read the Principia Discordia (and we don't advise it to anyone).  We have all seen every Monty Python movie ever made.  Quoting either one gets you The Punishment™.  Or at least gets you ignored.

2.  We are a bundle of bad wiring, so don't try to be the weirdest person in the room your first time out.  Absurdism only works if it's funny, and word salad isn't funny.

3.  Nobody here believes that "all opinions are of equal value", so be warned: If you're spouting alt-right shit or the dogma of lesser religions, you're going to get laughed at. 

4.  We only have 6 rules that get you banned.  Learn them.

5.  If you want to pimp your music or your art or anything like that, please restrict it to the subforum "Bring & Brag".  If that's all you're here to do, shove off.

6.  Our board's owner ("The Mgt") left in disgust recently.  That should tell you what you're in for.  The board is currently run by an Irish guy who doesn't give a shit about any of us.  He just sits in a drafty castle in Ireland somewhere, eating corned beef and listening to The Bay City Rollers on Pandora.  He doesn't care if we live or die. 

7.  There are two admins and one moderator that are here on a semi-regular basis...Myself, Cain, and LMNO.  We don't care if you're being trolled or whatnot, we only care about the 6 bannable offenses.  Again, learn them.  If someone's giving you grief, use the ignore function.  If one of the admins is that person, you can't ignore us, so just scroll on by.

All that being said, go ahead and introduce yourself.  People will say "Hi, new guy!", because we've lost our mojo and can't bring ourselves to shit on noobs like back in the day.  We apologize for this, and hope you are not too disappointed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

For the love of all that's holy, do NOT send a recipie to Roger.

I'm not sure if you've ever seen air spontaneously combust. Which means you haven't seen Roger try to make an ego waffle.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 22, 2017, 03:15:23 AM
For the love of all that's holy, do NOT send a recipie to Roger.

I'm not sure if you've ever seen air spontaneously combust. Which means you haven't seen Roger try to make an ego waffle.

This is an exaggeration brought on by a sequence of bizarre events that no reasonable person could have possibly foreseen.

Grilled cheese isn't even flammable for fuck's sake.  I know this because I tried to repeat the incident using a map gas torch, and it just shriveled up.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2017, 05:12:16 AM
Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on February 22, 2017, 05:11:07 AM
what are the 6 rules tho

You know them, they're posted down in the forums subforum.

Yeah but what if someone doesn't want to do that much reading. Shouldn't we, like, hold their hand?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

IPunchNazis

I can't find the six banable offenses.

I'm Nazi Puncher, hello again. I came here because I read that chaos magic and Discorians were behind the alt-right and wanted to punch them but then it turns out you guys hate them as much as I do. So now we can team up and be a powerful NAZI PUNCHING FIGHTING FORCE

I don't worship anything, I was told that I am now an honorary Discordian by coming here. I've been doing a lot of reading on it the past couple of days though, seems like it's all about restoration of balance, which I agree with. Things are getting unbalanced and we need to restore it

recipe: 1 tablespoon of my fist
a dash of Nazis (republicans as substitute)
mix in a bowl
punch until STFU

LMNO

IPunchNazis

Freeky

Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 22, 2017, 04:15:28 PM
I can't find the six banable offenses.

I'm Nazi Puncher, hello again. I came here because I read that chaos magic and Discorians were behind the alt-right and wanted to punch them but then it turns out you guys hate them as much as I do. So now we can team up and be a powerful NAZI PUNCHING FIGHTING FORCE

I don't worship anything, I was told that I am now an honorary Discordian by coming here. I've been doing a lot of reading on it the past couple of days though, seems like it's all about restoration of balance, which I agree with. Things are getting unbalanced and we need to restore it

recipe: 1 tablespoon of my fist
a dash of Nazis (republicans as substitute)
mix in a bowl
punch until STFU

I take issue with this. Republican != Nazi or even just plain garden variety racist.

Case in point:

Very republican Stephen Colbert hates Trump as much as the next guy, and makes fun of him as hard as he can.

Faust

That's because he is a lazy troll, with an axe to grid, who hides behind Tor.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

IPunchNazis

Stephen Colbert isn't republican is he

how did you know I use tor, and no I'm not a troll I already told you guys I like more stuff than just punching nazis.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger